Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Had some time to watch another Everwood episode. And I already knew this one as well.

It's the 7th episode and they are all so amazing! That fact made me realize again how amazing this tv show has been and I still don't get why they canceled it.

Andy finally operated Colin. I was so touched by Ephraim when he gave his dad the CD with all that amazing songs. Although Ephraim's never had a connection to Andy in NY he knows him really well. He knew that he used to listen to tapes of his wife when he operates and so Ephraim wanted to comfort and support him so bad. So he did the only thing he could do for him then and made him the CD.

And Ephraim did another great thing in this episode... He went to the hospital and wanted and was there for Amy who needed him so so bad. I love what she said him about him being the only one supporting her the whole time and all her friends didn't even one little thing to help her to deal with this situation. She so was right about it.

Bright so made me goose bumps and it was the first time that I was totally sorry for him. He did a big mistake with driving after he had drunken and a bigger one with not telling anyone about him being the one who drove the car. But I'm really glad he finally did. Now his dad and Colin's parents know the truth. And you know what, I as well loved how Colin's mom reacted.

Awww... Another scene I loved was the talk between Nina and Ephraim. Ephraim never talked to a grown up like he did to Nina and IMO it already shows what he sees in her. He doesn't know about it but I think Nina is a mother substitute to him.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
That's to anyone reading, by the way: if you do want to participate, don't feel like you have to go back and do all the episodes previous, just hop on!
OK well since we have like, official permission and all, I'll do just that. I haven't really felt like commenting on Deer God (which is strange, because I love the ep) or The Doctor is In (which is not strange, because I like Dr. Trott about as much as I like Diana Fowley) so I'll just stop worrying about it and skip ahead.

Seriously, most people don't like Colin? Why? Just curious. Even when he was being a jerk later in the season, to me it was all related to his deteriorating health and was pretty understandable. I wanted to cry for all of them when he punched Bright in that one episode, because that was (to me) one of the biggest clues that something was just not right, even though his parents and Amy and everyone else wanted to pretend it was. And the time he put his hand through the truck window because he couldn't get the door unlocked to find his notes about what to do for the homecoming walk? Gah. My heart felt like that window. But I'm getting too far ahead of myself.

Back to the episode at hand -

How shocked was I at the reveal that Bright had actually been the one driving, and had been lying all this time? Holy moses. Bravo to Berlanti for not taking the easy road there by having Bright truly not remember it until the last minute and/or dropping hints all the time so by the time it was revealed it wasn't a surprise at all. Chris Pratt acted the crap out of that scene. "Amy's going to hate me forever." Awww.

Uncle Brian was great. It was such fun to watch him pick up on all the little things regarding Andy and Ephram. "He can't hate you that much."

Speaking of Ephram, he can just be so awesome sometimes, can't he? The mixed cd (how great is it that he noticed that his mom used to do that, and he actually sat down and carried on the tradition?), the travel sized games, the crack about the Twix bar to ease the tension.... He's just a great guy here.

Not only do we find out that Bright's been carrying a load of guilt about the accident, but in her own way, Amy has been too. I think she honestly believes that Colin went out joyriding in order to avoid her for a while after their fight, and she's probably not too far off. But instead of them getting the chance to cool down and talk about it later, he almost dies. Damn. That is rough.

Love, love, love Ephram and Andy sitting down to play Clue at the end.

Love Delia helping Andy get ready the day of the surgery, she's so adorable and age-appropriate. They did such a fantastic job writing her character.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Seriously, most people don't like Colin? Why? Just curious.
'Tos will be overjoyed to have you as an ally in the Colin wars, hee.

In my case, it goes back to the structure of S1. I was fond of the show, but not in love with it at that point in time; then, I was mainly invested in the storylines of only a few characters, namely, the Browns, and Ephram in particular. When Colin woke up, it sort of felt to me like the show became the Colin Hour; each week would bring another chapter in his saga, but, given that all he really was to me was Amy's boyfriend and Bright's best friend -- besides being Andy's patient -- I couldn't bring myself to care very much as I couldn't stand Amy and was at this point indifferent to Bright. So Colin was something of a drag on my Everwood experience.

Besides that, though, I'm just not fond of that "high school golden boy" type of character, which we see in full force in this episode's flashbacks. (Bright only won me over when he showed some layers beginning here, and especially with the events of early S2.) He's just so cocky. Ugh. But I will admit to liking him for one very brief 2-episode window, just after he returns to school but before he completely loses it, when he bonds with Ephram.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Seriously, most people don't like Colin?
I don't get it as well because I loved his character a lot (although I'll always be an Ephram/Amy shipper). I enjoyed all the flash backs / memories him included.
And yeah, he wasn't really himself when he punched Bright and acted like a jerk. He was ill and it wasn't his fault at all...
Old 09-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I don't get it as well because I loved his character a lot (although I'll always be an Ephram/Amy shipper). I enjoyed all the flash backs / memories him included.
And yeah, he wasn't really himself when he punched Bright and acted like a jerk. He was ill and it wasn't his fault at all...

I honestly didn't feel that all of Colin't bad behavior was caused by his illness. As I have said on previous posts....punching Bright, smashing the car window and the trophie case were a direct result of his damaged brain...but....when he was cruel to Ephram at that dance....when he mocked him and was annoyed with Amy when she felt sorry for Ephram and danced with him.....that wasn't a sick young man. That was the action of a Prick.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
but....when he was cruel to Ephram at that dance....when he mocked him and was annoyed with Amy when she felt sorry for Ephram and danced with him.....that wasn't a sick young man. That was the action of a Prick.
OK you do have a point there. *G*
Old 09-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

You can say "prick" on the board but you can't say touche with a d? Interesting. I am learning by the day, heh.

Um, but yeah! Yay for Colin fans. I always liked him. Sure, he was cocky and a jerk and mean for no reason, but that just shows that he's flawed, right? I just really like his little friendship with Ephram (which I think is genuine side of him just as much as the jerky side of him is), his tragic story, and I really like Mike Erwin. I still think he was probably the best guest star on the show, acting wise. I'm a little biased towards Colin, hee, but I hate his attitude towards Ephram as well. Although I would say Amy is just as mean to Ephram in S1, it's just that Colin seems to take a little bit more enjoyment out of it, heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 09-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
You can say "prick" on the board but you can't say touche with a d? Interesting. I am learning by the day, heh.
Maybe they just think I'm Pretty.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Well, you can prick your finger with a needle, say. The uses for that one are wider and at least some senses of the word are relatively likely to be non-offensive to the automatic board censoring system, heh.

Quote:
Although I would say Amy is just as mean to Ephram in S1,
And I'm not going to disagree with that.

Colin's jerkier side seemed like a bit of a legacy of his whole center of attention popular guy role; someone like that can get away with a lot, and may -- though not always, but frequently in TV depictions of popular kids, at least -- have his moments of lording various things over others, like mocking Ephram. But the interesting thing is that his friendship with Ephram, which, of course, has much to do with Colin's feeling lost and ill at ease post-surgery, perhaps also shows a side of Colin that was never entirely comfortable with the position he inhabited prior to the accident. Or maybe I'm just making things up out of thin air. Who knows at this point, heh. George Eliot is addling my brain.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
Well, you can prick your finger with a needle, say. The uses for that one are wider and at least some senses of the word are relatively likely to be non-offensive to the automatic board censoring system, heh.

Thanks for sticking up for me, Thief...because I think that I was just reprimanded by my co-mod.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Oh, unless something just happened off-board that I don't know about, I am pretty sure your co-mod was just musing on something that happened to a word he typed last night, hee.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
Oh, unless something just happened off-board that I don't know about, I am pretty sure your co-mod was just musing on something that happened to a word he typed last night, hee.
OH. Well that explains it.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

Heh, yes, definitely not a reprimand. I'm not that much of a touche with a d.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 09-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
but....when he was cruel to Ephram at that dance....when he mocked him and was annoyed with Amy when she felt sorry for Ephram and danced with him... that wasn't a sick young man. That was the action of a Prick.
I have to admit that I haven't seen all the episodes yet but I think maybe he acted like a jerk because he was jealous of Ephram. And I think it could have something to do with the following as well:

Quote:
But the interesting thing is that his friendship with Ephram, which, of course, has much to do with Colin's feeling lost and ill at ease post-surgery, perhaps also shows a side of Colin who was never entirely comfortable with the position he inhabited prior to the accident.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I honestly didn't feel that all of Colin't bad behavior was caused by his illness. As I have said on previous posts....punching Bright, smashing the car window and the trophie case were a direct result of his damaged brain...but....when he was cruel to Ephram at that dance....when he mocked him and was annoyed with Amy when she felt sorry for Ephram and danced with him.....that wasn't a sick young man. That was the action of a Prick.
I haven't seen those episodes, but I agree. Even though his brain had forgotten about Amy, his relationship with her and all his friends; the feelings never go away. He got to know Amy and saw Ephram as a threat, as he should, Ephram is a way better guy for her than Colin was. Brain surgery patients can only take things so far and then the real personality comes in. The person who was there before the surgery comes back and it's not always pretty. As was shown in the episodes.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Closed Thread   Post New Thread