Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2010, 05:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Something else I've just remembered from the episode is the look Ephram has on his face as Andy puts his hands on his cheeks before he kisses him. He just gets this look of "What the hell is Dad doing? ", followed by an "Oh yeah, I think I see where this is going & it's not horrible" air, all in the space of a few seconds. Like I've said before, it's one of my all-time favourite scenes of the show. I love how things are still slightly awkward between them, with Ephram's "Gotta get home & pack" line, that everything's not fixed between them after that fairly intense bonding moment.
It would have been really awesome to see Andy tell Delia about the reason for moving to Everwood...
In regards to the Season 5 secret that Delia finds out, I have no idea what it could be, 'cause Ephram knows everything (Julia's affair, Andy's mother dying & the subsequent rift with Eugene, reason for the move to Everwood...).
Old 01-15-2010, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
In regards to the Season 5 secret that Delia finds out, I have no idea what it could be, 'cause Ephram knows everything (Julia's affair, Andy's mother dying & the subsequent rift with Eugene, reason for the move to Everwood...).
How about......Ephram had a twin who was kidnapped at the age of 2.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

Betty! That actually sounds like an idea Berlanti would really have had for S5, .
Old 01-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

Maybe the twin was kidnapped to Scotland, so we can finally fake-cast James McAvoy! (Completely random and OT aside, but apparently they're making a Wanted 2, so hopefully Chris Pratt gets in on that.)

Quote:
Something else I've just remembered from the episode is the look Ephram has on his face as Andy puts his hands on his cheeks before he kisses him. He just gets this look of "What the hell is Dad doing? ", followed by an "Oh yeah, I think I see where this is going & it's not horrible" air, all in the space of a few seconds. Like I've said before, it's one of my all-time favourite scenes of the show. I love how things are still slightly awkward between them, with Ephram's "Gotta get home & pack" line, that everything's not fixed between them after that fairly intense bonding moment.
Agreed completely. I love that Ephram is shocked and kind of uncomfortable at first, because he never expected this from Andy, and he's never had a moment like this with him. But then once he's in that moment of getting the kiss, he appreciates that he's finally getting to have a moment like this with his father. Seriously, the ACTING! Gah.

As far as a secret, we would probably have to come up with a very minor one. There's so much that we don't know about Julia, that it would be easy. Making up one that Andy wouldn't have told Ephram, one that would resonate with Delia, one that isn't so big that it looks like we're retconning the series...it's a tough job, to say the least, heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 01-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Maybe the twin was kidnapped to Scotland, so we can finally fake-cast James McAvoy! (Completely random and OT aside, but apparently they're making a Wanted 2, so hopefully Chris Pratt gets in on that.)
I thought that the twin was a sister...can James McAvoy play a female?

Quote:
As far as a secret, we would probably have to come up with a very minor one. There's so much that we don't know about Julia, that it would be easy. Making up one that Andy wouldn't have told Ephram, one that would resonate with Delia, one that isn't so big that it looks like we're retconning the series...it's a tough job, to say the least, heh
Maybe Julia was adopted and wasn't really Jewish...
Old 01-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
=BettyI thought that the twin was a sister...can James McAvoy play a female?
Sure, just pop him in a dress, heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 06-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just watched this episode...

I really love the flashbacks they did with Ephram and Julia. The Ephram we got, up until this point, he was always angry and he had reason for it. But to see him happy, on purpose and laughing. That was the best to see. Seeing Ephram actually talk about real stuff.

Yeah, explained in another thread. I was shocked that it was Julia who had met someone else. It was so easy for Andy to meet someone and for us to hate him for it. But for Andy to not only not blame Julia for having an affair, but to say he understood. Andy was a far better husband than we gave him credit for. I agree for him staying at a hotel, in efforts of saving his marriage. And he didn't mind being hated for it. Because he was never there. He took so much heat from Ephram because he could sense the anger that Ephram had built up over the years and finally wasn't afraid to let it out.

I watched it with the commentary and I agree, Ephram argued with Julia but so differently. He made his points, but didn't scream and yell like he did with Andy.

Yeah, the part about Greg having to keep his hair purple and it sweating out was pretty funny
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Patricia, did you get the DVDs?
Old 06-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Patricia, did you get the DVDs?
I hear that she did. And she'll have S2 pretty soon too.

Quote:
Yeah, explained in another thread. I was shocked that it was Julia who had met someone else. It was so easy for Andy to meet someone and for us to hate him for it. But for Andy to not only not blame Julia for having an affair, but to say he understood. Andy was a far better husband than we gave him credit for. I agree for him staying at a hotel, in efforts of saving his marriage. And he didn't mind being hated for it. Because he was never there. He took so much heat from Ephram because he could sense the anger that Ephram had built up over the years and finally wasn't afraid to let it out.
Oh, so well said, Patricia. I really agree with all of that. I think we finally get the sense in this episode that Andy, although a bad father and husband, realized the effect he was having on Julia and probably even Ephram to an extent. That he wasn't the worst thing ever. It's just sad, though, that the cheating didn't push him to really reflect and change. It just made him realize. That's not enough. But he was amazing in this episode understanding why Julia did what she did, and just handling Ephram beautifully. That kiss in the office, I've said it before and will undoubtedly will say it again, will always give me chills.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was glad that Ephram came down on his anger and let Andy explain. He's always been so angry at Andy, for everything...breathing in fact. For Eprham to actually stop talking and letting Andy explain was really good.

And the last scene where Andy said Julia wasn't perfect, but damn close to it...that was what Andy always wanted to say to Julia, but never had the chance too. Andy knows what he lost, carries it around with him that he never appreciated Julia until she was gone...which a lot of people do...we all at one point take things for granted until we don't have them around anymore.

But props to Greg and Treat for just taking that scene to another level. Greg always does, he's perfect when delivering angry scenes. But the emotion, the bitterness, my faorite scene with them...to date
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
I was glad that Ephram came down on his anger and let Andy explain. He's always been so angry at Andy, for everything...breathing in fact. For Eprham to actually stop talking and letting Andy explain was really good.
Absolutely. He had built up in his head about how much he hated Andy and how much wrong Andy did, and to finally understand that, hey, he didn't do the wrong in this one I think was a big deal. Kind of a breakthrough moment for both of them, where they just listened to each other.

Agreed about how we all take people and things for granted in some ways until they're really gone. Although I hope most of us appreciate people better than Andy did Julia or his family in NYC. And from what I hear, most of us do!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope I do, sometimes I feel like I don't

But in that moment, Andy really coming down on Ephram for accusing Andy of being unfaithful, that showed the love that Andy still had for Julia. He was defending his marriage even though he was never there to really enjoy it.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
He was defending his marriage even though he was never there to really enjoy it.
Second great line!

That's very true, though. His emotional response really showed his respect for not only his marriage, but also for himself. I think in a lot of ways, he had allowed Ephram to talk back to him and say what he wanted for most of S1 because he felt he kind of deserved it. But Ephram crossed a line at that point.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
I think in a lot of ways, he had allowed Ephram to talk back to him and say what he wanted for most of S1 because he felt he kind of deserved it.
ICA...totally Ephram never would have talked that way to Julia, he didn't when he, in his way, argued with her in the flashbacks about getting out and leaving. And Andy never faught back, he just took it. He took the blame for everything, and sometimes quite humorously. But it was really sad how he let Ephram just beat him down becuase he wasn't there for him. But a great scene though. Andy completely defending Julia's affair because he wasn't there, for any of them. H ow can you not love a husband for that? I mean, he almost lets Ephram think he was okay with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
But Ephram crossed a line at that point.
yes he did. A lot of times Ephram crossed the line, but this one was the breaking point. He just assumed had ever idea that Andy was the one who cheated, that Andy was breaking up the marriage. He never wanted to believe, even when Andy told him that Julia had been unfaithful and by going away, relieving the tension, it was Andy who tried to save the marriage. There was no way of saving that marriage. Andy would have always been Doctor Brown first, family man second. Julia would have always been defending him. But everyone has their breaking point of bitterness and lonliness that they crack. I believe Julia would have given Andy some sort of ultimatum, no matter how much she loved him. The hospital or his family. At the rate Ephram was getting angry, Julia would have to make a choice in order to keep her son.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

It's amazing to see Andy stand up for himself after kind of just taking all of Ephram's insults and personal attacks. And to stand up for his marriage. But, yes, he's so close to just letting Ephram blow off some steam and not saying a word. But, Ephram needed to know. It was important to have Ephram trust Andy's word, even with the last thing that he would ever want to hear.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread