Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And same about Andy... His speech in the church comes really surprising. The viewer doesn't thing something like this would happen. The last episodes he was so normal 'outside' and you could assume he's over her and better now but this moment in the church again showed us that he beyond being ok.
I guess when a parent loses a spouse...he really doesn't have time to grieve. He has to step up and be both parents for his kids immediately. You have to be strong for them. I guess everything....all of his feelings of sadness and loneliness finally hit him in that moment when he was alone in the church. It was overdue.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I guess when a parent loses a spouse...he really doesn't have time to grieve. He has to step up and be both parents for his kids immediately. You have to be strong for them. I guess everything....all of his feelings of sadness and loneliness finally hit him in that moment when he was alone in the church. It was overdue.
Yeah, that of course could be true. There always have been Delia and Ephram and really no time for Andy to grieve... A parent who lost a spouse only put it away because of the kids and there's almost no possibility to assimilate (hope I used the right word)... No wonder that it hits the viewers (and maybe him) out of the blue in that situation.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And Andy never let himself grieve. He never let the kids see his sadness or not to have all the answers.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
And Andy never let himself grieve. He never let the kids see his sadness or not to have all the answers.
I don't know, I think he grieved a lot in S1. He hit rock bottom so many times during the season, imagining Julia there or wishing she was there, wishing he was with her.

But, yes, I do agree that he rarely let the kids see it. Which showed that he still knew how to parent, I think. He broke down in front of Delia a little in the first episode, and Ephram knew that he didn't know what he was doing, but he almost always put a smile on his face and stood strong no matter what in front of them. Even if he didn't want to get out of bed and face the world anymore, he always did for hids. Gah, he was really trying so hard, didn't he?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 06-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Andy was trying so hard in the beginning. He didn't know how to really parent the kids. He could talk all day long about how to deal with the loss of a parent through the textbook version. But what to say to make them feel okay and feel that he was really there for them, that was tough. And Ephram was so angry about so many things, he couldn't see that Andy was trying. And it was just making things worse with both Ephram and Andy not talking to each other. It wasn't until Andy confided in Nina that he really realized that maybe letting Ephram be Ephram was a good thing. And maybe even Andy can admit that the grandparents visiting did a lot of good for the relationship of the boys (grandpa included)
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

Oh, the grandpa. What did you think of him? I agree he was probably good for Andy and Ephram to have them really talk about what was going on and get Andy to really tell Ephram that he needs him there, but that guy made me want to pull my hair out.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 06-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, Grandpa was like the perfect dad. He knew how to talk to Ephram, he was a great doctor. He was the man who could do it all. Have the family and the career at thes ame time. Andy never knew how to do that. But him, I don't know. It seemed like he would always be the father on the other side of the table always trying to one-up Andy. But in the end, Andy won out, which was really important And they were both keeping Ephram in their corner for the same resaon....he's one of the few pieces of Julia both of those men have left. And it was selfish of Grandpa to make a decision without talking to Andy first. And I think Grandpa was thinking of him first but then realized he was wrong.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 12-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I'll probably be a little bit shorter on this one due to it not being so many great scenes, but still some As soon as I saw reverend Keyes I knew what the main storyline was about, the chicken being the poison What is it with this Keyes and all his ladies Anyway the woman playing his wife, miss Melinda Clarke. I have learned to love her after watching her in sooo many of the shows I follow (The O.C., Ghost Whisperer, Firefly, Chuck, The Vampire Diaries and Entourage), she goes under the term milf But moving on and past her, the storyline between her and the reverend really wasnt any of my taste even if I loved the part when she told the Reverend that Andy thought she was beautiful and that there is so many others that will have sex with her, and you hear Andy say:
Quote:
DR. BROWN: Oh, I-I didn't say... I-I said she looked great but that doesn't mean that...
Priceless expression

Back to the start, because there were some moments that made me laugh in the intro, especially Andy's lack of knowledge about how things goes in church

Quote:
DR. BROWN: Of course I know. Right now he's doing the, um... [reading from the program] welcome speech. Then there's gonna be a brief order for confession and forgiveness; that's where people confess and forgive... briefly and in an orderly fashion. Ah, then we'll do the first hymn; then lesson number two; gospel lesson; another hymn; then the sermon; then the offering... [louder] Jesus! How long is this thing?
Another Priceless moment

Just to add one more funny line on this scene:
Quote:
[Cut to Reverend Thomas Keyes who has begun scratching his cheek. Delia notices.]

DELIA: Why's he still scratching?

DR. BROWN: He's probably just feeling the power of the Lord.

* Amy stood up against Kayla in this episode with telling her to relax, that if Wendell wants to join then let him join, good girl!

* Harold/Salsa, the expression of Louise seeing Harold trying to dance and forgetting what she was going to ask him about

* Andy/Harold had a nice conversation here which we have quoted from many times in the quote game One of my favourite lines from this episode must be this:
Quote:
DR. BROWN: But I can tell you this much: If you're lucky enough to meet the right woman, and she's stupid enough to fall in love with you, you hang on to her like a son of a bitch
* Harold/Rose it was a very nice conversation between them close to the end, always remember Harold that you will alway be Rose's stick in the mud

* Andy/Julia, I really felt bad for Amy when he got that call about their anniversary trip And the speech he had in the church that I dont think I need to mention more than it was heart-breaking

* Ephram/Andy, the gift Ephram gave to Andy and trying to say it was from Delia, just so sweet and especially when Andy realised that it was just from Ephram I also thought it was nice to see that Ephram was really sorry that he couldnt make it home because of being stuck in the mine.

* Ephram/Amy what more can I say, everybody knows about their miracle in the mine I also loved seeing Ephram almost kick some butt for Amy. The ending with Amy ignoring him was totally understandable, I think she was very shocked of herself letting her feelings go and kiss him like that, it didnt even help more that Colin woke up. Probably some guilt feelings from that.

* Amy realising that Colin cant remember anything was painful to watch

Thats all I had to say about this episode, did I miss something?
You can't take the sky from me
Old 12-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

D
Quote:
R. BROWN: Of course I know. Right now he's doing the, um... [reading from the program] welcome speech. Then there's gonna be a brief order for confession and forgiveness; that's where people confess and forgive... briefly and in an orderly fashion. Ah, then we'll do the first hymn; then lesson number two; gospel lesson; another hymn; then the sermon; then the offering... [louder] Jesus! How long is this thing?
Quote:
[Cut to Reverend Thomas Keyes who has begun scratching his cheek. Delia notices.]

DELIA: Why's he still scratching?

DR. BROWN: He's probably just feeling the power of the Lord.
Andy is adorable.

Quote:
Amy stood up against Kayla in this episode with telling her to relax, that if Wendell wants to join then let him join, good girl!
I hate Kayla.

Quote:
* Ephram/Amy what more can I say, everybody knows about their miracle in the mine I also loved seeing Ephram almost kick some butt for Amy. The ending with Amy ignoring him was totally understandable,
I didn't like it, Rolfi. I really felt sorry for Ephram on that bus.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Agreed with both of you, poor Ephram on that bus. Did not deserve it.

Obviously Amy was in a very tough situation at a young age, but what do you think was the hardest to take as an E/A fan? Ephram being ignored here? Amy saying he and Colin had nothing in common? Something else?
Old 12-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Agreed with both of you, poor Ephram on that bus. Did not deserve it.

Obviously Amy was in a very tough situation at a young age, but what do you think was the hardest to take as an E/A fan? Ephram being ignored here? Amy saying he and Colin had nothing in common? Something else?
I found all of these situations hard to take. That's because at this time, I was a huge Ephram fan and not so much an Amy fan. I put Amy ignoring Ephram on the bus and telling him that he and Colin had nothing in common in the same catagory as Amy telling Ephram, "Maybe you should move on" and just sitting there while her creepy friends dis-invited Ephram to the party.
I find every one of these incidents equally awful.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I found all of these situations hard to take. That's because at this time, I was a huge Ephram fan and not so much an Amy fan. I put Amy ignoring Ephram on the bus and telling him that he and Colin had nothing in common in the same catagory as Amy telling Ephram, "Maybe you should move on" and just sitting there while her creepy friends dis-invited Ephram to the party.
I find every one of these incidents equally awful.
I agree with everything you said here, and I felt exactly the same the first time I saw this show. I think I am more protective over Amy in season 1 because of how amazing she is in the rest of the seasons But I can understand her being very confused with the whole Colin/Ephram thing, and that made her do many things she otherwise wouldnt. I do wonder what type of girl she was before Ephram knew her, I mean considering her hanging around with girls like Kayla and Paige..
You can't take the sky from me
Old 12-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have so much....confusion to how Amy acted in season 1. I didn't agree with how she went about the Colin/Ephram thing. So I really don't have a lot of good feelings towards her around that time.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 12-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfi
I do wonder what type of girl she was before Ephram knew her, I mean considering her hanging around with girls like Kayla and Paige..
That's a good question. She did seem a bit different from the Kaylas at the Paiges if only because she even noticed Ephram and talked to him. But was that only because she wanted Andy to work on Colin? Probably. Still, just her sense of humour always seems different to me. She's a little twisted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
I have so much....confusion to how Amy acted in season 1. I didn't agree with how she went about the Colin/Ephram thing. So I really don't have a lot of good feelings towards her around that time.
I think a lot of fans would agree with that. It says a lot about how much she grew into an amazing young woman that she became a favourite in late S2, S3 and S4 after a lot of frustration I think people felt for her early on. She redeemed herself and then some!
Old 12-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Master Fan

OO a rewatch eh! My dvds are all in Lubbock but when I get back I will definately try and join. How does this work yall have certain days you watch or what?