Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i guess we're doing this question thing, so I'll go

If Ephram went to New York as planned, do you think Amy would have followed him there?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 12-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Loyal Fan

The Daniel/Marty story was something I never liked, but I am as most know much agains triangles. The woman going from one brother to another brother, just not my storyline

I remember thinking this:
Quote:
MARTY: I don't have a brother, Dr. Brown. Not anymore.
Well what do you expect after stealing his wife, come on

*Amy/Ephram
I thought there was more episodes between the Amy/Ephram kisses in this season... Anyways did anybody notice that in the first kiss it was Ephram leaning into Amy but in this episode it is Amy that leans in and gives him the kiss. I was kind of annoyed of her asking Harold to lie about her not being home, it just didnt seem like she was as upset after this kiss than the other. But it did give us Amy's confirmation about her having feelings for Ephram =)
I wish they would have released the playlist of Ephrams mix cd to Amy, because this was a lovely song
YouTube - You mean everything to me/Shawn Mullins

* This episode has Harold vs his fear of being alone, a lot of witty scenes out of this
Quote:
DR. BROWN: [to Rose] I'm sure more people would have come if it wasn't for the cold.

DR. ABBOTT: Cold? Cold? It's positively balmy and you came you little pisser.

ROSE: I just wish we could have filled the seats.

DR. BROWN: There are some full ones.

[They look over to reveal two grave diggers sitting in seats. The rest are empty.]
I just looove Harold!

Quote:
DR. ABBOTT: You're right, Mother. I do know who I am. I am a man who is unloved and will be unmissed when he's gone.

EDNA: You are not unloved, Junior. It only takes one.

DR. ABBOTT: Mother, that is one of the kindest...

EDNA: I meant Rose.

DR. ABBOTT: Oh.
* Ephram/Delia, loved what he did for her even if it wasnt a success

* Nina/Delia, nice conversation =)

My favourite scene besides Ephram/Amy kiss, is this one

Quote:
EPHRAM: What's the best thing that happened to you this year?

DR. BROWN: The best thing that happened to me this year... [beat] is that I met my son.

[Ephram looks up at him and wasn't expecting that. Dr. Brown smiles at him and he returns the smile.]

BTW What do you think Ephram recorded in his video tradition, I will take a guess and say it was that he met the most beautiful girl he has ever seen

As for your question Patricia:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
If Ephram went to New York as planned, do you think Amy would have followed him there?
No, I dont think they were at that level at that point..
You can't take the sky from me

Last edited by Rolfi Cole; 12-22-2010 at 05:26 AM
Old 12-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
*Amy/Ephram
I thought there was more episodes between the Amy/Ephram kisses in this season... Anyways did anybody notice that in the first kiss it was Ephram leaning into Amy but in this episode it is Amy that leans in and gives him the kiss. I was kind of annoyed of her asking Harold to lie about her not being home, it just didnt seem like she was as upset after this kiss than the other. But it did give us Amy's confirmation about her having feelings for Ephram =)
I wish they would have released the playlist of Ephrams mix cd to Amy, because this was a lovely song
YouTube - You mean everything to me/Shawn Mullins
The first kiss was initiated by Ephram...but Amy did respond. The second kiss was mutual...those darn cranberries.

I hated when Amy asked Harold to lie about her not being home. The disappointed look on Ephram said it all. Even Harold was disappointed. This was my first inclination that Harold respected and admired Ephram.

I love "You Mean Everything To Me." Amy didn't look too displeased with the CD. The way that she was treating Ephram.....she really didn't deserve it.

Quote:
Ephram/Delia, loved what he did for her even if it wasnt a success
He was a wonderful big brother.

Quote:
EPHRAM: What's the best thing that happened to you this year?

DR. BROWN: The best thing that happened to me this year... [beat] is that I met my son.

[Ephram looks up at him and wasn't expecting that. Dr. Brown smiles at him and he returns the smile.]
I get chills when I watch that scene. Beautiful beautiful scene. Yes, Andy's words warmed Ephram's heart. He didn't expect to hear that from his dad.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiT89 (View Post)
The intro music to this episode (daniel's story) always creeped/cheezy'd me out. Fair trade though; quality story for cheesy music, i can live with that.
I've always loved the intro music, I can listen to it everyday

Quote:
Ephram's acting is too good, particularly the way he portrays a kid hopelessly in love. It's too good and I'm sure all dudes can relate to that feeling.
he is amazing. he got the feelings for Amy Abbott perfectly, the boy who could never have the girl that he's always wanted but never knew existed until moving to Everwood.

Quote:
But yeah, "A Thanksgiving Tale" is more about the Brown's 1st thanksgiving without Julia. Its endearing how Ephram desperately attempts to save this thanksgiving but ultimately fails in the process. Its a big gesture and it's sad how it doesn't turn out as expected. However, Nina shines as she takes command and comforts Delia.
I think this episode really showed, for the first time, how much Ephram wanted his family back. Whether he would gouge Andy again for another thing after another thing...it pails in comparison of how badly Ephram just wants a family. He never really had a relationship with his father and had this perceived idea of who Andy really was. To Andy's fault, he was never there to really let Ephram find out who his father really is/was. So in this episode, I really do find it endearing that no matter how mad Ephram is at Andy or the grand move to Everwood, he's willing to put aside everything to have the perfect Thanksgiving. He said it was Delia, ha! It was for Delia, yes, but a little bit of it was for Ephram too

Quote:
- I wonder if Greg Berlanti knew this whole time that he wanted Nina to be a motherly figure for the Browns?
no idea, but she has turned into an excellent mother figure for Delia. She's ready to step in, only when being asked and never overdoing whatever advice she can give. Love Nina!

Quote:
Other than that, it's typical Season 1 Dr. Brown - naive in the fact that Thanksgiving should be ordered in and its remarkable to note his growth from this naive leader to a loving father figure in Season 4.
That part still gets me. He wants to have this great American family in Colorado, but then he goes and does something that is exact opposite of Family. Family on Thanksgiving is cooking dinner, messing up dinner, having family over that you don't normally like but invite them anyway. It's about making the most perfect holiday completely imperfect. Andy doesn't realize sometimes that making things so imperfect happens to be perfect.

I just hate the way he uses money to just fix things, he never learned. Season 3 he never learned with Madison that money can't fix everything. There are emotions, relationship to build in these moments and money goes neither of those things, in fact, it tears them down.

Quote:
I'm loving Dr. Abott's quirky side stories. At first, he seemed like just another sub plot but each rewatch of his adventures makes me realize that he's more that: whether it's a father's sudden ploy to be remember or opening up a bagel shop (mid life crisis), Dr. A represents what it is to be a family man while dealing with his own issues. But above all, Dr. A shows us that even the normal family man has those valuable life experiences.
I adore Harold. He's just quirky, as you say. I cannot imagine Everwood without a Harold Abbott. He's just...perfect. I love how he represents family while dealing with issues that surround his family everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Only Everwood S1 could get away with the opening that this episode has. Hee. It's cheesy, but it does work.
No matter how many episodes I binge watch, I always stop to watch the opening credits, every season, every episode. Because this show is magical and no matter how the opening scene may be cheesy, but I still love it. Every ounce of lyrical anything

Quote:
Andy's"The best thing that happened to me this year... is that I met my son."
agreed, Tos. Best moment of the entire series, hands down. Andy finally realized what he was really searching for. When Julia died, so much of Andy died with him. He was lost and he had no idea, like he said in that church, how to find the joy in his life again. I think, in that moment, he realized where to find it. He got to find Ephram, he got to know Ephram in ways he would never have known if he were still the top neurosurgeon in New York, he knew more about his patients he spent a few hours with then his own children who he had years around so far. I can't say enough about this line. It was so perfectly spoken, written, couldn't have been better.

Quote:
An episode like this really makes me wish that we saw more of Delia and Ephram bonding. They do it SO well, and we see it so rarely. Maybe it's more special because we don't get to see them like this all that often in the whole series?
This one hurts about the Season 4 cancelation. We never really got to see Ephram's relationship with Delia thrive. We got to see Ephram and Andy know each other and become, dare I say it, friends. But we never saw Ephram really connect with Delia. Season 4 was only when Delia was around 12 years old. Not really old enough to go through a lot of the changes that Julia needed to be there for. I wanted Ephram to be there for her, in those moments. Because Ephram went through a lot of important moments in his life with Amy that he would've wanted to tell his mom about, but he never could...and neither could Delia. Unfortunately, they have that in common, and should be able to lean on each other.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-14-2017, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Patricia, did you just recently rewatch this episode? It's one of my favorites. Great thoughts above. The two you are quoting don't post here anymore so I wanted to give you a heads up in case you're looking for specific replies, lol.

We (the regulars) are doing a rewatch around the end of summer. Would love it if you could join us!
Old 06-14-2017, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was just replying, I always find that most of the posts I go and find are full of posters that have moved on. I just like to put my input out there
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-14-2017, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Patricia, did you just recently rewatch this episode? It's one of my favorites. Great thoughts above. The two you are quoting don't post here anymore so I wanted to give you a heads up in case you're looking for specific replies, lol.

We (the regulars) are doing a rewatch around the end of summer. Would love it if you could join us!
I actually wondered if we want to start it sooner or we still will wait for the end of the summer , but I will get with this in PM to not spam here.

Patricia great thoughts! You brought up something that I disliked in Andy, but it had not been mentioned that much. He did think that money could fix almost everything. I have very unpopular opinion about this, but the scene in the Pilot where he said to Ephram and Delia that they are moving is cringe-worthy for me. The way he jokingly told them that they would leave the town they have grown up and their friends and other relatives to go to another place they have never heard of was just so annoying and absurd for a parent to do. And then he bribed Delia with a pony which is equivalent to the notion that money fixes everything.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I was just replying, I always find that most of the posts I go and find are full of posters that have moved on. I just like to put my input out there
I like that.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I actually wondered if we want to start it sooner or we still will wait for the end of the summer , but I will get with this in PM to not spam here.
I'm game whenever. We can figure out a time to get going.

Quote:
Patricia great thoughts! You brought up something that I disliked in Andy, but it had not been mentioned that much. He did think that money could fix almost everything. I have very unpopular opinion about this, but the scene in the Pilot where he said to Ephram and Delia that they are moving is cringe-worthy for me. The way he jokingly told them that they would leave the town they have grown up and their friends and other relatives to go to another place they have never heard of was just so annoying and absurd for a parent to do. And then he bribed Delia with a pony which is equivalent to the notion that money fixes everything.
I know you hated that, lol. We've discussed before. It was kind of outlandish but it was eye catching I guess to the audience... it was the Pilot after all and Berlanti wanted to make it entertaining. Of course we find out the real reason behind why Andy passionately and very quickly moved them to Evewood... Julia. The audience, Ephram/Delia, don't find out for a while though. Ephram/Delia had to have wondered what he was doing and it must have been difficult. Of course everything worked out and it was the best decision they could have made. I think the very fact that Andy had a lot of money was probably a good thing in the end because he could honor Julia and he had the means to stop with the hectic schedule and get to know his children.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Quote:
I'm game whenever. We can figure out a time to get going.

I will do my best no matter what we decide to do.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I will do my best no matter what we decide to do.
Oh that's right, Nadine and the summer beach thing. No way, we will work around you.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh that's right, Nadine and the summer beach thing. No way, we will work around you.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

Betty, of course we will have this in mind! We will figure out schedule that works for all of us!

Quote:
I know you hated that, lol. We've discussed before. It was kind of outlandish but it was eye catching I guess to the audience... it was the Pilot after all and Berlanti wanted to make it entertaining. Of course we find out the real reason behind why Andy passionately and very quickly moved them to Evewood... Julia. The audience, Ephram/Delia, don't find out for a while though. Ephram/Delia had to have wondered what he was doing and it must have been difficult. Of course everything worked out and it was the best decision they could have made. I think the very fact that Andy had a lot of money was probably a good thing in the end because he could honor Julia and he had the means to stop with the hectic schedule and get to know his children.
What is weird is that even I know what were Andy's reasons I still find this scene cringe-worthy every time I see it . I can't help it. Then again this also made me sympathize with Ephram so maybe that was the goal in a way? Plus it also showed quite well that Andy would not get the annual award for best father. Not that year. So the scene fit in the story. I just never liked the way Andy handled things, but then again I needed the end of Season 4 to see Andy as a good parent.

Yes the problem was not that Andy had money. The problem was his inability sometimes to read human emotions well. As a result he would react quite poorly or treat them poorly. Not just the case of offering money, but in general. He did this both with Nina and Ephram.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Betty, of course we will have this in mind! We will figure out schedule that works for all of us!

What is weird is that even I know what were Andy's reasons I still find this scene cringe-worthy every time I see it . I can't help it. Then again this also made me sympathize with Ephram so maybe that was the goal in a way? Plus it also showed quite well that Andy would not get the annual award for best father. Not that year. So the scene fit in the story. I just never liked the way Andy handled things, but then again I needed the end of Season 4 to see Andy as a good parent.

Yes the problem was not that Andy had money. The problem was his inability sometimes to read human emotions well. As a result he would react quite poorly or treat them poorly. Not just the case of offering money, but in general. He did this both with Nina and Ephram.
The scene came off as abrasive but I think that was the point. Berlanti wanted to show all of Andy's faults in order to build him back up. He knew he had this golden nugget in his back pocket to use eventually (late season 1 explaining how Andy was honoring his late wife Julia by moving to Everwood, finally connecting with his children and becoming a true father) so it was constructed in a precise way.

I don't know, I never saw it as thoughtless or sucky even before the Julia reveal. However, I knew there was more to it from the start. I knew there had to be a why behind the hasty decision.

I am one of those who loved Ephram from the start but also rolled my eyes over his bratty ways too. I sympathized with both Andy and Ephram in season 1.

I viewed Andy as a good parent by the end of season 1. He was still rough around the edges but man going from early season 1 to the end of season 1 was night and day.

Back to Andy announcing they were moving to Everwood... what if he would have told his children straight up he was honoring their mother's wish? Would they have believed him? Would they have fought against it all the more or understood?
Old 06-24-2017, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Back to Andy announcing they were moving to Everwood... what if he would have told his children straight up he was honoring their mother's wish? Would they have believed him? Would they have fought against it all the more or understood?
I believe Andy had nothing to lose and everything to gain by telling Ephram and Delia they were moving to Everwood because it was their mother's wish. I really think Ephram would have understood and accepted this with much less anger.
Of course...if this were the case we would have missed out on most of the conflict between Andy and Ephram and much of Ephram's anger and unhappiness. How boring would that have been!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread