Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
(not to spoil anything for Kris, hopefully!)
You so should spoil me because I have no clue what happened in the upcoming episodes. No, joking. I'll try to continue watching soon (maybe this weekend. )

Quote:
But would Colin be able to let things move on, even if he was healthy mentally and physically?
But on of you wrote in the other episode thread that Laynie said Colin wanted to break up with Amy before the accident. Maybe he could have let things move on then. But really difficult to say. We (or maybe you but now me) don't know about the reason why he wanted to break up with Amy before his accident. So we will only be able to speculate.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)

But on of you wrote in the other episode thread that Laynie said Colin wanted to break up with Amy before the accident. Maybe he could have let things move on then. But really difficult to say. We (or maybe you but now me) don't know about the reason why he wanted to break up with Amy before his accident. So we will only be able to speculate.
I am speculating the the reason that Colin wanted to break up with Amy was because she was too clingy and in his face. You saw how she acted with boyfriends...they were her whole world...her main focus...at the expense of other things. Amy probably smothered Colin to death! He was a cool, popular jock...a little full of himself....probably a little immature. He liked Amy a lot...but she probably often got on his nerves. He probably wanted to go on and try other pastures.

After his coma....he gained some maturity. Amy behaved with Colin in a different manner. He saw her as a new person...not the old Amy (who he couldn't even remember). They both started from scratch and this time they clicked.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Betty, I got the answer when I watched the next episodes.
Laynie told something about Colin not loving her as much as Amy loves him. Could that really be? I think we've seen to less of them from before the accident.

Quote:
They both started from scratch and this time they clicked.
Couldn't more than agree with you.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I am speculating the the reason that Colin wanted to break up with Amy was because she was too clingy and in his face. You saw how she acted with boyfriends...they were her whole world...her main focus...at the expense of other things. Amy probably smothered Colin to death! He was a cool, popular jock...a little full of himself....probably a little immature. He liked Amy a lot...but she probably often got on his nerves. He probably wanted to go on and try other pastures.

After his coma....he gained some maturity. Amy behaved with Colin in a different manner. He saw her as a new person...not the old Amy (who he couldn't even remember). They both started from scratch and this time they clicked.
I agree We don't really know who the old Colin was, the only thing we go on is he was a guy who lived for adventure and didn't know any consequences. But when he came back, everything was different. He paid attention more and didn't want to be apart of everyone's world. Amy always puts EVERYTHING in her life in her heart, she gets so close to everything. She treated Colin's coming home as like a farwell to the president of the united states or something. She puts everything into one thing and can't let it go until she's ready. And with Colin, the last thing he wanted was to have someone in his face the entire time. He wanted to be a normal guy, not the Great Colin Hart that he was before the accident.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

I really did sympathize with Colin's desire to be a normal guy. Especially since during that time he had a great friendship with Ephram, that was really dark and cool. That desire and that friendship didn't really last all that long, unfortunately, heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 06-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Colin didn't know who the Colin before him was and everyone tried to get him to be that guy. He couldn't be who he didn't know who he was. He just had to figure out this new world. Colin, IMO, was like Ephram the second. He came into this world not knowing anyone. Sure it was different but Colin had a past, but not to Colin. He was the new kid who happened to know everyone. And Colin identified with Ephram in that way. And Ephram was the only person probably in the entire school that didn't try to remind him of the old days or (sorry to say) kiss his ass because he's popular. everyone was doing it. It didn't help that Amy wanted everything back to the way it was when Colin didn't know what 'back to the way it was' meant.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
Colin didn't know who the Colin before him was and everyone tried to get him to be that guy. He couldn't be who he didn't know who he was. He just had to figure out this new world. Colin, IMO, was like Ephram the second. He came into this world not knowing anyone. Sure it was different but Colin had a past, but not to Colin. He was the new kid who happened to know everyone. And Colin identified with Ephram in that way. And Ephram was the only person probably in the entire school that didn't try to remind him of the old days or (sorry to say) kiss his ass because he's popular. everyone was doing it. It didn't help that Amy wanted everything back to the way it was when Colin didn't know what 'back to the way it was' meant.
It says a lot about the expectations people have for other people. Often unrealistic ones, especially in this case. For anyone to think that Colin would just wake up and be Colin again was too much to ask. I most liked Colin when he decided against being that guy, and decided to be his own person. A little more of an outsider, less focused on being popular or cool, wanting to do good at school, wanting a good friendship with Ephram. To me, that says something about Colin. That when he didn't have to worry about who he used to be and his old life, he chose the complete opposite of that old life. To me, that might hint at some dissatisfaction with that old life. Although that's completely over-analyzing, I'm sure.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 06-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Although that's completely over-analyzing, I'm sure.
that is what we do best here Tos!

another topic, we're digging this into the ground!

how long did it take before Colin realized that Amy didn't love him the way she said she did.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
that is what we do best here Tos!

another topic, we're digging this into the ground!

how long did it take before Colin realized that Amy didn't love him the way she said she did.
Hmm. I'd have to rewatch some of S1 again to pinpoint that, but definitely by "Snow Job", if not before that. But that's my first memory of him realizing that she didn't love him the way she said she did because of Ephram. I think he thinks she'll get over Ephram, but he gets angrier and angrier as the season goes along when she doesn't.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Somehow I think Colin would have been better off if everyone left him alone and came to everyone on his terms
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

True. Which is why Ephram is so great. He never approaches Colin, Colin approaches him. Everyone else in Colin's former life goes up to him and pressures him to be that person he used to be.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Ephram would have rather be as far away from Colin as possible.

He was the the most liked guy in town for no reason

And he was the reason Amy wasn't Ephram's girlfriend, not to Colin's fault though
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think Ephram would have rather be as far away from Colin as possible.

He was the the most liked guy in town for no reason

And he was the reason Amy wasn't Ephram's girlfriend, not to Colin's fault though
Right. At the same time, Ephram pushed Amy to stay with him in "Vegetative State" when Colin came back, so as much as he wanted to be Amy's girlfriend, he also was great about making sure that happened in the right circumstances.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

and with Amy pushing everyone to be how she saw it didn't help things
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 12-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Ephram/Amy: I think Michelle explains best what I felt about them in this episode. I had all forgotten about this side of Amy. I remember the first time watching this show that Amy never was my favourite, she was the type of character that just grew on you if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
I could ramble on about this episode and I have before in the past, LOL, but throughout this episode I was so annoyed with Amy. The scene at the Brown's even though whenever Ephram delivers the line of, "I don't know....maybe he thinks I'm pretty" cracked me up beyond words, to the cafeteria scene, Amy was really cruel and insensitive. I understand why whenever looking at the big picture but inserting myself as Ephram during those moments, I cannot imagine how he felt because that must been so painful. Amy was my favorite character throughout the entire series and that never wavered even throughout her bad moments and that's all thanks to Emily but I wanted to strangle her while watching this episode admittedly.
Just had to add one thing on the conversation between them at Ephrams house:

Quote:
EPHRAM: I don't know. I mean, I'm not gonna lie. You did kiss me.

AMY: You kissed me first
Did anybody else thought it was funny to see how defensive Amy was when she said that?

* Colin/Ephram
I really liked their friendship in this episode, I could see that they had that one thing in common, being new.

Quote:
COLIN: You're cool with me.

[Ephram looks extremely uncomfortable.]

COLIN: It's nice to meet you, Ephram.
* Bright/Ephram
Bright trying to be Ephrams friend was hilarious, especially the basketball scene
Who would have ever thought that these two would become such great friends.

* Harold vs being the best actor. I just loved the look in his face when he realised that Andy had gotten the role as the King He also looked very good at the end as the King =)

* Andy wasnt the best actor, I do understand that it might be difficult remembering your lines even if you have a very good memory, he probably had some performance jitters

* Andy/Ephram, there was rally just one incident with them in this episode that caught my eye:

Quote:
EPHRAM: Dad? It's nice to know you're not awesome at everything.
You can't take the sky from me
Closed Thread   Post New Thread