Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Agreed completely. Why couldn't Bright just protect Ephram by, oh I don't know, telling him the TRUTH? I guess there's another reason why his name is Bright.
Yeah, dont you just find his name ironic?
You can't take the sky from me
Old 12-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfi Cole (View Post)
Yeah, dont you just find his name ironic?
Just a little ironic.

I wonder where Harold and Rose would get the name from. I'm sure they were hoping it wasn't an ironic name, unless they both have weirder senses of humour than we think we do.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 12-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Just a little ironic.

I wonder where Harold and Rose would get the name from. I'm sure they were hoping it wasn't an ironic name, unless they both have weirder senses of humour than we think we do.
Maybe Harold and Rose had high hopes?
Old 12-20-2010, 01:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Maybe Harold and Rose had high hopes?
Hee, I guess so. Talk about starting your kid off on the wrong foot, though. No wonder Bright has to be a bully early on, he must have been made fun of a lot with that name!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 12-16-2016, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I decided to post in these threads since they have all the episodes listed in the guide. The original rewatch threads seem to be missing a few episodes.

104:

This episode didn't interest me as much as the others did. I don't care for Deliah's crush, since hes so rude to her.

Ephram/Amy scenes were cute as usual but i was hoping for more progress. It was hard to watch her with Colin at the hospital.

Just an FYI, I'll probably be doing 4 episodes a week because I'm watching from my DVDS. But I can't guarantee I wont do more since ill be on break on tuesday.

And can I just say, all the best shows were around in 2003. This is truth.

Last edited by Alexa; 06-30-2018 at 02:34 AM
Old 12-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I decided to post in these threads since they have all the episodes listed in the guide. The original rewatch threads seem to be missing a few episodes.

103:

I finally started to like Nina in this episode, she actually had some personality. I felt like the first few episodes she just seemed to be "there" but we got to see her personality this episode. I didn't understand why everyone was so weird about Nina being a surrogate. It felt a bit far fetched. People might judge but I don't feel like they'd say anything to her about it. 55 is really not that old. I'm sorry buts not. I have parents in law who are about 70 and they are great grandparents to my sisters kids and would be fine parents with a child who is 15. Especially with people are are living to be older in this day and age. (With that said, the lady looked a lot older than 55 lol) Also she surely popped out of nowhere with that pregnancy? Are we supposed to assume there was a big time jump between episodes or what? How did she go from 0 to 9 months pregnant and no on knew? I'm so confused.

I love Amy being a dancer and it was cute to see how impressed she was when Ephram was playing. I loved their little argument because it just showed the chemistry between them. Ephram was right that her friends were rude but he did tend to get over-upset about things. i mean they are dumb teenage girls. Its their party. They have ever right to disinvite him if they dont want him there IMO. Amy's little speech to Ephram about how she cared about him was really cute.

104:

This episode didn't interest me as much as the others did. I don't care for Deliah's crush, since hes so rude to her.

Ephram/Amy scenes were cute as usual but i was hoping for more progress. It was hard to watch her with Colin at the hospital.

Just an FYI, I'll probably be doing 4 episodes a week because I'm watching from my DVDS. But I can't guarantee I wont do more since ill be on break on tuesday.

I liked Nina the first time she appeared in the series. I loved how non-judgemental she was with Andy...which wasn't easy! lol I could see these two having a connection from then on.

I agree about Delia and her crush. I never took to him even after finding out the reasons behind his behavior.

Quote:
I love Amy being a dancer and it was cute to see how impressed she was when Ephram was playing. I loved their little argument because it just showed the chemistry between them. Ephram was right that her friends were rude but he did tend to get over-upset about things. i mean they are dumb teenage girls. Its their party. They have ever right to disinvite him if they dont want him there IMO. Amy's little speech to Ephram about how she cared about him was really cute
These two are so adorable together! How impressive it was for Amy to see this weirdly funny guy with purple hair playing Swan Lake so beautifully! How can she not be smitten? Yes, that argument was full of sexual tension and chemistry!

I love that Amy did not go to that party. She can do better in the friend department!
Old 12-19-2016, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

103:

I finally started to like Nina in this episode, she actually had some personality. I felt like the first few episodes she just seemed to be "there" but we got to see her personality this episode. I didn't understand why everyone was so weird about Nina being a surrogate. It felt a bit far fetched. People might judge but I don't feel like they'd say anything to her about it. 55 is really not that old. I'm sorry buts not. I have parents in law who are about 70 and they are great grandparents to my sisters kids and would be fine parents with a child who is 15. Especially with people are are living to be older in this day and age. (With that said, the lady looked a lot older than 55 lol) Also she surely popped out of nowhere with that pregnancy? Are we supposed to assume there was a big time jump between episodes or what? How did she go from 0 to 9 months pregnant and no on knew? I'm so confused.

I love Amy being a dancer and it was cute to see how impressed she was when Ephram was playing. I loved their little argument because it just showed the chemistry between them. Ephram was right that her friends were rude but he did tend to get over-upset about things. i mean they are dumb teenage girls. Its their party. They have ever right to disinvite him if they dont want him there IMO. Amy's little speech to Ephram about how she cared about him was really cute.
I guess it was the small town conservative thing with Nina being a surrogate which is ridiculous.

I loved Ephram/Amy in this one. I loved watching the tension and bickering between them... Greg and Emily played it so perfectly... chemistry was flying all over the place. Ephram definitely had a little temper back then. I guess between being pissed at his father, mourning his mother, being in a new town, instantly falling for Amy probably caused it but you're right about it not being a big deal. Girls, especially teenage girls can be really dumb. I loved how Amy made sure Ephram was okay. Her speech was, indeed, beautiful.

Oh and Emily is a great dancer in real life so I enjoyed seeing Emily get to show off her dancing talent on the show.

Quote:
104:

Soooooooooo true! All the best shows were, indeed, around that time period.

Take your time. We're just so excited having you around here watching and giving such great thoughts! This show is too unique and it's always so much fun discussing.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I liked Nina the first time she appeared in the series. I loved how non-judgemental she was with Andy...which wasn't easy! lol I could see these two having a connection from then on.
I wish Nina would have opened up about her troubled marriage earlier. Between her idiot cheating husband (even if she didn't know he was going there at this time) and Andy dealing with his children in a new town, along with mourning his late wife, they really could have mutually helped each other. Well, they did that anyway but you know what I mean. Nina's marriage was strained even back then. She hated the distance. Unfortunately there was even more bad stuff going on she was unaware of too.

Quote:
I agree about Delia and her crush. I never took to him even after finding out the reasons behind his behavior.
Yes, this was a stupid storyline.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)

Yes, this was a stupid storyline.
Everwood was a remarkable/memorable show that I adore, but one can definitely find several stupid storylines.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Everwood was a remarkable/memorable show that I adore, but one can definitely find several stupid storylines.
So true.

- Andy dating his stroke patient's wife.
- Ephram dating Madison.
- Madison getting pregnant.
- Everwood Confidential as a whole not being as strong as the other season 1 episodes and sticking out as a result.
- Ephram not going through with the audition. < This one will always bother me tremendously.

... to name a few.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I totally forgot about the pregnant madison SL. ugh. by far my least favorite in the show i think, I hated that they did that to Ephram.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I totally forgot about the pregnant madison SL. ugh. by far my least favorite in the show i think, I hated that they did that to Ephram.
Right?! Horrible storyline, terrible situation all around. In my mind, it's THE storyline of the series that was just way too dark and annoying. Very unnecessary and too soapish given Everwood's flavor and quality.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I totally agree. UGH I'm annoyed over that now.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes I totally agree. UGH I'm annoyed over that now.
I get so annoyed by it too when I think of it like it just happened.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread