Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, Andy & Ephram of Season 2 are still pretty far from that Season 4 relationship, hee!
I think I've said this before, but their relationship became much more of a typical teenager warring with parent over stuff like dating/them thinking they're an adult & the parent knowing they're not. Obviously, there are still moments where Ephram has to parent Andy or point out the obvious to him , especially regarding the Linda situation, but for the most part, it's "normal" parent worries about not wanting your kid's heart to be broken, and those totally intense adolescent feelings that come with a first love/relationship (painful does not begin to cover it, IMHO), college drama/worries & all that High School has to offer, good & bad.
Oh, and I have to add that I thought Bright's dating advice was hysterical, but, um, not exactly very accurate or adequate. I think there's a middle ground between desperation & completely ignoring the object of your affections! But I'll shut up, as I have had precisely no romantic relationships!
Louisa C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
I'm all for starting the new episode!
Goodie! Hee. I'll get on that tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
Oh, and I have to add that I thought Bright's dating advice was hysterical, but, um, not exactly very accurate or adequate. I think there's a middle ground between desperation & completely ignoring the object of your affections! But I'll shut up, as I have had precisely no romantic relationships!
Hee, true on all points, and I'm about the same as you. I'm not sure why Ephram would go to Bright for relationship advice, anyway, really. I mean, other than he would have nobody else, heh, but Bright? Not exactly Mr. Relationship at this point either. He just talks a big game.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Addicted Fan

OK so I had some spare time today so I rewatched Holidays already and am in the middle of Movies now.

I still believe that Tommy was being honest with Amy when he told her that he was clean now, but sadly he just wasn't able to maintain it. But I really don't care enough about Tommy to become his advocate, so I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. Heh.

This is the Laynie that I truly can't stand. Party party party. Blah.

Felt really bad for Harold when he figured out why Linda was "not interested" in Andy. Edna was funny trying to throw Andy off track though.

Ephram and Madison - gag. After sitting through their "relationship" enough times, I really think Madison was just flattered that he was pursuing her, and she confused that with thinking she truly returned his feelings.

Bright......always good for a laugh. He's such a typical teenage guy here. But the karaoke scene is so much awesome. He had that whole room of young girls hanging off his every word, but it was so completely innocent and sweet and cute. Love.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn
This is the Laynie that I truly can't stand. Party party party. Blah.
Yeah. What happened to our quirky, little outsider? *bummed out* That Laynie was awesome. This Laynie is not. I guess it can be somewhat realistic to have people experiment with the other side, the party side, in high school, but I just never bought it with Laynie.

Quote:
Bright......always good for a laugh. He's such a typical teenage guy here. But the karaoke scene is so much awesome. He had that whole room of young girls hanging off his every word, but it was so completely innocent and sweet and cute. Love.
Bright S2 in general is so great, but this scene is for very different reasons than most of the season. Not really mature, not really responsible, just a fun goof that's pure joy to watch.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread