Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
And do you think she's recognized that Ephraim might have fallen in love with her? Or doesn't she know? I'm not sure about it because she should know how much it hurts Ephraim, when she talks about Collin. Their conversation in the big wheel confused me a little because she didn't seem to care about talking to Ephraim about Collin. Not a little bit. At least not that she might hurt Ephraim because he fell in love with her

I honestly think that in the first couple of episodes...Amy was trying to be nice to Ephram because she wanted to use him, but I don't believe that she Purposely wanted Ephram to fall in love with her...she enjoyed talking to him because he was sweet, funny, but I don't believe that during this episode she realized that he really liked her. I think that Amy talked to Ephram about other stuff because she didn't want be so obvious and didn't want to bring up the subject of Colin too soon...she was enjoying making small talk with Ephram on the ferris wheel and warming him up before she brought up the subject of Colin.

In the later episodes....she will realize that Ephram is falling for her....you will see how she handles that. Let me just say the during those episodes...I despised Amy.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
Hmm. It's tough. I think he does see that he's being a bad father, he's just so used to doing that kind of thing (choosing people in medical need over his own children), that he doesn't really see how big of a deal it is? I don't know. He definitely needed Ephram to be so harsh with him, telling him that he and Delia didn't choose to be in this situation. That was a wake up call, Andy needed to understand the effect his bad parenting was having on his kids. He just didn't seem to get it, eh?
I always think that he tries to sanctify his choice with the poor ill people and doesn't even recognize that he hurts his kids. And yeah, I totally agree with you about that he's simply used to do such things. And yeah, Andy needs Ephraim to talk to him the way he did that evening.

Quote:
I honestly think that in the first couple of episodes...Amy was trying to be nice to Ephram because she wanted to use him, but I don't believe that she Purposely wanted Ephram to fall in love with her...she enjoyed talking to him because he was sweet, funny, but I don't believe that during this episode she realized that he really liked her. I think that Amy talked to Ephram about other stuff because she didn't want be so obvious and didn't want to bring up the subject of Colin too soon...she was enjoying making small talk with Ephram on the ferris wheel and warming him up before she brought up the subject of Colin.
Interesting to hear that opinion. Like I said before I'm so not sure about her. And yeah, she doesn't know him, hears that his father is an world famous surgeon and she's so friendly to him... She's simply too friendly to him from the beginning.

But I'm glad that she already starts to recognize how funny and nice he is and that he can be a really good friend! I assume she wouldn't have gone to the hospital with him if she wouldn't like him or trust him...
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Re-rewatched TGDB recently, thought I'd continue on with my thoughts...

As much as Andy needed to hear the 'Great Doctor Brown' speech, man that must have really torn him up to know that Julia was going right along with Ephram in mocking him with it. Especially since in one of his flashbacks, she calls him that. Ouch.

There is absolutely no excuse for the way Miss Violet was treating Delia, especially the way she was basically inviting the other students to make fun of her for wearing hats and wanting to sit in the front. Way to make the new kid feel included there. Also, the 'are you really a boy' bit with Magilla in the class? That's just flat out cruel. She had no business being around kids. Though Andy's 'you're going to have one rowdy father on your hands' was great.

I agree that Mrs. Dudley and her infested crew was annoying and thoughtless. As long as they had been and were sick, why couldn't she call his office during the day, even if she needed him to come out there? He wasn't completely run over with patients at that point, he could have had Edna hold down the fort while he ran out there. And having her pack all of the sick kids up to bring into town to fill the prescription? Whaaa? Andy, just go pick the thing up and bring it back. Sheesh. You know how brains work, use one. I didn't get the bit about 'offer her a ride home' either. Surely - SURELY - they weren't trying to imply that she walked fifteen miles into town to tell him she was glad he was there. Uphill both ways in the snow with holes in her shoes too, I'm sure. Gah.

Gino Chang rolling his eyes after that exhausting conversation with Harold over the Browns sitting at his table had me ROFL.

Who was it that was complaining about Rose being condescending toward Harold? I can't remember now. I definitely noticed that in this episode when Harold and Amy came in arguing about the Thaw Fest. Parents should never jump in and side with the child during an argument unless it's something really major, and this wasn't. She should have waited until Amy went upstairs to disagree with Harold. But overall I think Rose rocks so I'll overlook this, heh.

As nutty as it probably gets sometimes, I really wish my town had the sense of community that Everwood has. We live in a much smaller place but it's still not there. That makes me sad. I want to have a Thaw Fest with a Melting Man and a ferris wheel.

Quote:
About Amy... Do you think she really only spends time with Ephraim because of her boyfriend?
Nah, I don't think that's all of it. I think when the Browns moved into town she really saw it as an answer to prayer for Colin (which, IMO, is kind of deep in itself since Julia died several months before Colin's accident and had already picked out Everwood for him) but she genuinely enjoyed hanging out with Ephram. Let's face it, Amy was bold enough to approach Andy without having to befriend his son first. I think the fact that she was willing to put off her other friends so much (even if they were bitches most of the time, she had a point about how long they had been friends and sometimes you just have to overlook personality traits you don't like) to hang out with him says something. I think Bright just kept telling Ephram Amy was playing him because that's what Bright wanted to believe. I think it's important to keep in mind that Colin was Bright's best friend as well as Amy's boyfriend, and it seems the three of them hung out and did everything together. So Bright sees Amy kind of perking up for the first time in four months and it's over another guy? I'm sure he felt threatened and jealous by that, and it just brought home the fact that Colin may never wake up and be the same. If Amy of all people can start to move on, maybe there really is no hope.

I rewatched the next two eps too, but I'll get back to them later. We're going to a cookout today and I need to get in there and make some guacamole and start cutting up veggies.
Taryn74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
There is absolutely no excuse for the way Miss Violet was treating Delia, especially the way she was basically inviting the other students to make fun of her for wearing hats and wanting to sit in the front. Way to make the new kid feel included there. Also, the 'are you really a boy' bit with Magilla in the class? That's just flat out cruel. She had no business being around kids. Though Andy's 'you're going to have one rowdy father on your hands' was great.
Yeah, I totally agree with you! I totally forget mentioning it before... How can such a person be a teacher of kids? Couldn't get her behavior at all.

Quote:
Who was it that was complaining about Rose being condescending toward Harold? I can't remember now. I definitely noticed that in this episode when Harold and Amy came in arguing about the Thaw Fest. Parents should never jump in and side with the child during an argument unless it's something really major, and this wasn't. She should have waited until Amy went upstairs to disagree with Harold. But overall I think Rose rocks so I'll overlook this, heh.
Wow, you recognize things I've never spent a thought of.
But yeah, I again totally agree. It's not good for one parent to stab the other one in the back.

About Amy and Ephraim I now know for sure because of what she said in episode 1.03. She said exactly what you told us in your post above, Taryn74.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

The one thing that angered me about the scene where Mrs. Violet mocks Delia is that she gets such an obvious thrill from making the other students laugh at Delia. She has this almost proud look at her face from making a bunch of little kids laugh.

Delia's S2 teacher is much better. AND he has to deal with Brittany on a consistent basic, heh. Seeing Mrs. Violet mock Brittany, who actually deserved it, would have been a little more tolerable than seeing her mock sweet, little Delia for asking a simple question.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Oh yeah... In my eyes she's in the wrong job! These are kids and she should be the mature and rational one there... But she acts like a kid herself, like a mean stupid kid.

Brittany isn't in Delia's class at this time, is she? I have to admit that I didn't pay attention on it.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Brittany isn't in Delia's class at this time, is she? I have to admit that I didn't pay attention on it.
No, she isn't. Luckily. Delia gets to be a kid for the whole season. She gets a good friend next season, but that comes with drama and..well, Brittany's general obnoxious behaviour, heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 09-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

She gets another friend the next season which isn't Brittany? What's her/his name? I can't remember this friend... Or do you mean Brittany?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
She gets another friend the next season which isn't Brittany? What's her/his name? I can't remember this friend... Or do you mean Brittany?
Oops, I missed this. I meant Brittany. Who is not the best influence on Delia, but I guess at the very least, she does finally get a close friend.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

No prob, Tos I just wondered and because I haven't seen all episodes of Everwood I just wondered.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Okey I rewatched this episode together with the pilot today. This episode is also amazing, at the end of it when I was thinking about what I should say about it my mind was like Where Do I Start? There is just so many great scenes in it! So I will go through the episode and talk about the moments I liked the best, The whole episode starts with Andy making meatloaf in the Brown house, the whole scene is sparked with Ephrams many snarky comments:

Quote:
DR. BROWN: I found Mom's old recipe book.

EPHRAM: And you cooked it?
It sure made me laugh, he also ends up telling Andy that he is certain that there will be left overs for him. Andy leaving right in the middle of the dinner and a situation that comes later in this episode, is just a great way of giving us a little taste of how he was in New York. The scene with Ephram responding Sound the trumpets and telling Andy that he hadnt noticed that he had been away and gives him the hint when he says The Door, is just such a great scene of showing at which level their relationship is at.

Amy nicknaming Ephram for Bubba, how random wasnt that? I liked it much better when she later on called him Ham and told him that Everwood finally got their dark prince

Then of course the toilet scene between Bright and Ephram.
The famous Ephram quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPHRAM
Spoken for? Hey Bright, the fifties called. They want their lingo back
I have to say that I cant believe that Bright and his friends didnt beat up Ephram when he came with all his sarcastic comments towards him

Next scene that I just love is Ephram at the restaurant Gino daydreaming of Amy coming towards his table.

Quote:
AMY: My boyfriend, Colin, is in a stage four coma and I was wondering if you would perhaps consider using your unique and gifted talents in neurosurgery to help awaken him from his severe head trauma... so that I can sleep with him.

DR. BROWN: I'd be glad to!
The whole scene there just makes me laugh so hard Poor Ephram

Another part of that scene that makes me laugh is this.

Quote:
AMY: I know it's hard to believe but he can be kind of cool... when no one's looking.

DR. ABBOTT: [in the background] Amy? Hellooo.
Harold is just so adorable

This scene of course doesnt end up all good with Andy again leaving Delia and Ephram alone at the restaurant, and Harold unwillingly ends up driving them home. But because of this we also get to see the part were Amy invites Ephram to the Thaw Fest and Delia tries to get his attention because they are locked out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephram
I said, just a second! [to Amy] Little sisters, you know. But, yeah, ah, no, I-I was thinking about going to the festival. Of the... thaw. That came out wrong
He is so in love with Amy It is so obvious at the way he speaks to her

Ephram/Delia
This episode has a lot with those two together, which I love =) The scene were Delia has a nightmare and Ephrams stays with her to calm her down is just lovely. The way Ephram took the responsibility of Delia that Andy didnt was just another example of how great Ephram is! Thank you Julia!

Ephram and Andy has a fight when he comes home late that night and there is one thing that really sticks to my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPHRAM: [sarcastically
]The Great Doctor Brown. That's what Mom and I used to call you. You always thought it was endearing but it wasn't. It was our own private joke. Will The Great Doctor Brown be here for dinner? Will The Great Doctor Brown be joining us this weekend? Don't you see? You're still that guy. You'll always be that guy. It doesn't matter if it's the Dudleys on Forest Lane or some rich lady on Park Avenue, they'll always come first. The only difference is, this time, Mom's not here to cover for you. At least I've got her. Who's Delia get?
I cant say nothing but great writing, what he says here really grips me and it definitely opens Andys eyes!

Now we have gotten to the Thaw Fest scenes, Im not going to say much about it other than I love the whole melting man scene and the fact that Bright needs to stay with E/A I have to say its cute that Amy tells Ephram about Grover, but as I have said before I dont really see that scene as very romantic. In fact it is here were Amy pushes the question whether Ephram had asked Andy or not about the operation. You can look how disappointed Ephram is when he says that yes he is going to do it, its like he know that it is the only reason she is hanging with him.
He also gets that confirmation later when he tells Amy that Andy rejected the operation, suddenly she didnt want to have lunch with him. But in that scene you can see that Ephram didnt like the fact that he lied to her and he surely hated seeing her sad!

But back to the Thaw Festival, here is my favourite scene from it:

Andy's goodbye to Julia is just so said

and I have to quote Julia:
Quote:
JULIA: "He" was, Andy. You came here so you could know "him".
After this everybody looks at Andy as he is crazy and he takes with him Delia and Ephram home, the car scene when they are home after that is just so brilliant. At least its a proof of how smart Delia is

Quote:
DR. BROWN: So... what did everyone think of the festival?

[Dr. Brown and Delia chuckle.]

EPHRAM: It's not funny.

DR. BROWN: It's a little funny.

[Dr. Brown and Delia chuckle again and Ephram joins in. Soon all three are bursting into laughter. Delia seizes the opportunity and hands her father a note.]

DR. BROWN: [reading it] What's this?

DELIA: It's a note from school. I'm in "big trouble".

[They continue laughing.]

DELIA: See you inside.

[She jumps out of the vehicle. Dr. Brown and Ephram continue laughing.]

DR. BROWN: She's a crafty, that one.

We also get a serious conversation between Ephram and Andy. I like the fact that Andy tells Ephram that he isnt sure that everything will be okay, but that they need to stay together and help eachother, especially with Delia.

Andy yelling at teacher Miss Violet! Right in your face, you dont mess with Delia

The end scene when you see Julia sitting together with them all eating dinner just gives me goosebumps, I am both glad to see her there but also sad knowing that she is dead..

Anyways that was all I had to say about this great episode, at least for now
You can't take the sky from me
Rolfi Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, with thoughts like these, I'm so glad you're on the rewatch train, Rolfi. Seriously CAN'T wait to hear how your friends react when they start watching too. I just...I can't imagine them not enjoying the show. I pretty much think if anyone gives it a chance, they'll enjoy it. But I guess we're all a little biased here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfi
Andy leaving right in the middle of the dinner and a situation that comes later in this episode, is just a great way of giving us a little taste of how he was in New York.
It also shows that Andy isn't going to be perfect right away, that he has a long way to go yet. Just because he's moved and grown a beard doesn't mean he's learned how to be a father yet.

Quote:
Amy nicknaming Ephram for Bubba, how random wasnt that?
Yeah, where the heck does that come from?? When I hear of Bubba, I think of a big, big, big guy, and Ephram is anything but!

Quote:
This episode has a lot with those two together, which I love =) The scene were Delia has a nightmare and Ephrams stays with her to calm her down is just lovely. The way Ephram took the responsibility of Delia that Andy didnt was just another example of how great Ephram is! Thank you Julia!
Agreed completely. I wish we got to see so much more between them. SO good together.

So many sad episodes near the end, but that cute car scene is a lot of fun. Shows that the Browns will get through this, together. I like that both the pilot and this episode left us with some hope. Otherwise, it'd be a pretty depressing series!
Old 12-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love all of your thoughts, Rolfi. Did your friends start to watch these episodes with you yet?

Quote:
the car scene when they are home after that is just so brilliant. At least its a proof of how smart Delia is
That is one of my favorite scenes of the series. It was such a sad scene and I expected Ephram to lace into Andy....instead they all cracked up laughing! I don't think that they could have handled that scene any differently. Something had to break the sadness...otherwise it would have been too devastating.

Quote:
I have to say that I cant believe that Bright and his friends didnt beat up Ephram when he came with all his sarcastic comments towards him
I don't know about that. I'm wondering exactly what kind of bully Bright was. I don't believe that he was the type of bully who had goons and beat other kids up. I think that he was the type of bully who was sure of himself and asserted himself on others by his mere presence and words..and that was it. What do you guys think?
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I love all of your thoughts, Rolfi. Did your friends start to watch these episodes with you yet?
No, we will start in January when the school starts =)

Quote:
That is one of my favorite scenes of the series. It was such a sad scene and I expected Ephram to lace into Andy....instead they all cracked up laughing! I don't think that they could have handled that scene any differently. Something had to break the sadness...otherwise it would have been too devastating.
I agree with you on this, they needed to break up the all too much sadness, and what better way than doing it like this hilarious scene

I don't know about that. I'm wondering exactly what kind of bully Bright was. I don't believe that he was the type of bully who had goons and beat other kids up. I think that he was the type of bully who was sure of himself and asserted himself on others by his mere presence and words..and that was it. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]
I agree, I think Bright at the beginning was supposed to represent the regular cool and athletic bully guy at school. But we get to know very fast that he is far away from this. I just think that in a situation with a "geek" saying these kind of this to the coolest guy at school, he would probably need to defend his rumour or something.
You can't take the sky from me
Rolfi Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I don't know about that. I'm wondering exactly what kind of bully Bright was. I don't believe that he was the type of bully who had goons and beat other kids up. I think that he was the type of bully who was sure of himself and asserted himself on others by his mere presence and words..and that was it. What do you guys think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfi
I agree, I think Bright at the beginning was supposed to represent the regular cool and athletic bully guy at school. But we get to know very fast that he is far away from this. I just think that in a situation with a "geek" saying these kind of this to the coolest guy at school, he would probably need to defend his rumour or something.
Agreed with both of you. I can't imagine Bright beating people up, or letting goons beat people up. Even this Bright, who is so different from the Bright we all know and adore. Intimidation was definitely his thing. And writing in girls' handwriting, apparently.

I'm also wondering if Bright and Colin were bullies, or if Bright became more of a bully once Colin was in a coma? Kind of a defense mechanism since his best friend was no longer there? Because when Colin comes back, it's not like they walk around beating people up and stealing their lunch money. They're just...popular.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top