Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

I think we really need more people doing this rewatch, because look at what the thread's become with just three of us having watched, hee.

I don't even know why I care, because it's so besides the point of the show, heh, but...dagnabbit, some things just shouldn't have been left as confusing as they were!
Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

I'm hoping that it's just the Christmas season, because the discussion in general--even with some really great questions and thoughts and potential discussion points--has been confined to just a few lately. I'll start cracking the whip after the Christmas season if it's still like this, heh. Still, I can understand people not really being big into Everwood right now with other festivities and such going on.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Loyal Fan

I really don't have much to add, you guys pretty much covered everything!

I will say that I too still wince when I see the "You're not smart enough!" scene. Harold can be a bit harsh at times, especially when it comes to Bright and this was no exception. But Tom and Chris played it beautifully. And MG's reaction shot was excellent. The Harold/Rose arc is really fantastic this season, rivaling probably only season 4's cancer/baby story lines.

"Oh and good luck with your breasts!" will never not crack me up. Hee!
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
ShadowMagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

You should have got here earlier then, shadow! Heh.

Always great to have you on the Rewatches!

Yeah, it's a tough call for what's the best between this Harold/Rose story, or the cancer story in S3, or the baby storyline in S4. I'd probably go with this, since the cancer storyline is even more depressing than marriages and families being potentially ripped apart. And the baby storyline had a TV baby, so that gets it thrown out by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
"Oh and good luck with your breasts!" will never not crack me up. Hee!
Yet another on the list of funny lines that we forgot about and need to include in another tourney!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 12-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ouch! I just felt the whip! I plead guilty as charged.
I've been having difficulty getting to the TV lately...but I promise to try harder.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Ouch! I just felt the whip! I plead guilty as charged.
I've been having difficulty getting to the TV lately...but I promise to try harder.
It seems like that busyness is going around! But you've been posting some great thoughts lately, so it's very appreciated. It is difficult at this time of the year for everyone, so that's why I said I'd crack the whip after this time of the year, hee. Even I have my bad days! I know, I know. Hard to believe.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

this episode was a million times better than 201, thank god! the one thing that i deeply appreciated is bright finally moving to the forefront of the show, because lets face it, season one hardly utilized his character to the extent it could have, so it's nice that they are doing it here. and i really liked how the ep tried to contrast both seemingly central father/son relationships being bright/harold and ephram/andy, but obviously, as different as they both are, they are really the same too. i kept thinking how what bright wanted/needed from harold was what andy was offering to ephram, so to see both sort of come to a head at the end was nice.

back to bright though, the one thing that really struck me was how hard he truly wanted to try and make it on his own versus taking the easy way out. i think that really showed the profound impact colin's death had on him, which is interesting because tragedy tends to push people down, not up. it's like, bright's struggle with losing his best friend and him feeling somewhat responsible for his death is ambiguous enough for you to empathize with his character, but he doesn't have to share his personal struggle with anyone for you to know how badly he feels.

oh, and the bright/ephram friendship is finally starting! YAY!!! i think out of any pairing this show had, they had the most organic build up to take place. well, them and andy/harold imo.
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

I'm so glad you liked this one more after you disliked 201, metal heart, heh. And a Bright fan!

Quote:
the one thing that i deeply appreciated is bright finally moving to the forefront of the show, because lets face it, season one hardly utilized his character to the extent it could have, so it's nice that they are doing it here.
Definitely. S2 is Bright's breakout season where he really becomes a major character for me. He had a few moments in S1, like when he admits to being the one who drove the car that caused the accident. Now, though? He has a moment like that in almost every episode. SO cool.

Quote:
i kept thinking how what bright wanted/needed from harold was what andy was offering to ephram, so to see both sort of come to a head at the end was nice.
Good point. And so much of what Ephram needs from Andy most of the time, is what Bright gets from Harold. Like, how Bright and Harold often can have a truly honest relationship and just bond and talk like normal father and son without the yelling. This episode is the exception to that, where, yes, Ephram is getting from Andy better than what Bright is getting from Harold.

Quote:
oh, and the bright/ephram friendship is finally starting! YAY!!! i think out of any pairing this show had, they had the most organic build up to take place. well, them and andy/harold imo.
Yeah, for sure. I really agree with that. Both friendships happen out of characters growing. Bright grows to be more mature and less of a goof, heh, and there's Ephram. Harold also grows to be less and less resistant, and Andy grows to earn Harold's respect, and voila. Both are very well done!
Reply   Post New Thread