Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Right!?!

Can't wait!
Old 10-17-2020, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Wow, that's so awesome!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-17-2020, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It is, I'm so excited!
Old 10-17-2020, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

We can definitely open up a new thread like an "episode thread" on that night and discuss!
Old 10-18-2020, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
We can definitely open up a new thread like an "episode thread" on that night and discuss!
Great plan!!
Old 10-18-2020, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Great plan!!
Old 11-22-2020, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
She really was a nightmare. Everything she said didn’t make sense. It was so obvious she was biased. She preferred the other network by far. At least there was a form of justice and she got canned for her horrible behavior and decisions.

It really didn't make sense. You could tell she was biased. She put Pussy Cat Dolls instead of One Tree Hill on. It was so stupid. She put her personal feelings above what the viewers wanted. I'm shocked she lasted so long. She's the reason I stopped watching the CW network all together for so many years
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-22-2020, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
It really didn't make sense. You could tell she was biased. She put Pussy Cat Dolls instead of One Tree Hill on. It was so stupid. She put her personal feelings above what the viewers wanted. I'm shocked she lasted so long. She's the reason I stopped watching the CW network all together for so many years
Wow. Pussy Cat Dolls. What a joke. Just based on the title of that show you can tell what type of flavor she was going for and it certainly wasn't high-quality Everwood.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I wasn’t sure where to put this but thought this thread was appropriate...

This article makes me slightly mad thinking about everything... the higher ratings, better in substance and numbers over all those shows that made the merger... we should be thankful Berlanti didn’t have to go with those ridiculous storylines just to play the game since Everwood was better than that.

Still, reading this brings back memories:

Everwood Season 5: Why The Show Was Canceled
Old 12-23-2020, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I wasn’t sure where to put this but thought this thread was appropriate...

This article makes me slightly mad thinking about everything... the higher ratings, better in substance and numbers over all those shows that made the merger... we should be thankful Berlanti didn’t have to go with those ridiculous storylines just to play the game since Everwood was better than that.

Still, reading this brings back memories:

Everwood Season 5: Why The Show Was Canceled
Great article! Thanks Michelle! It's still so unfair that Everwood was cancelled for a show that only ended up airing three episodes because it was so bad, and to bring back 7th Heaven, a show that had become total garbage at that point and had aired its Series, not Season, Finale that year, and it totally bombed in the ratings that following season and it was cancelled (again). It was an incredibly short-sighted and stupid decision on the part of Dawson Ostroff and the Completely Worthless (Trademark: You! ) Network.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-23-2020, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Great article! Thanks Michelle! It's still so unfair that Everwood was cancelled for a show that only ended up airing three episodes because it was so bad, and to bring back 7th Heaven, a show that had become total garbage at that point and had aired its Series, not Season, Finale that year, and it totally bombed in the ratings that following season and it was cancelled (again). It was an incredibly short-sighted and stupid decision on the part of Dawson Ostroff and the Completely Worthless (Trademark: You! ) Network.

I remember the 7th Heaven actors didn’t even want to return! It was so ridiculous. I think they used 7th Hell as an excuse though because they didn’t like Everwood’s high quality and mature audience. They wanted a reason not to take it since it didn’t fit their flavor. Ratings didn’t matter to the new network at the time, amazingly. Tone/theme/target audience did.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:

I remember the 7th Heaven actors didn’t even want to return! It was so ridiculous. I think they used 7th Hell as an excuse though because they didn’t like Everwood’s high quality and mature audience. They wanted a reason not to take it since it didn’t fit their flavor. Ratings didn’t matter to the new network at the time, amazingly. Tone/theme/target audience did.
I think that you're completely correct about that. What a stupid and short-sighted decision.

Old 12-23-2020, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I think that you're completely correct about that. What a stupid and short-sighted decision.
It's ridiculous but Dawn and her stupid decisions came back to bite her since she was canned and had to pay the price for her carelessness and stupidity. Karma is real.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread