Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2020, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
He’s why she went to NYC, right?
Did you not ever watch it?

Yeah she was a little crazy in season 1, not gonna lie. I understood Ben's POV lol.

Quote:
you could have the character be the reason why there’s a reunion in Everwood (Nina’s passing). If so, would we want Andy to find someone else?
I think coming together for her funeral would be a good plot point, plus it would be a way for us to say goodbye to both Nina and Stephanie in a nice way. They could share memories and have flashback scenes of her?

I def. wouldnt want a recast and I wouldnt want Andy to find someone new. In a reboot I dont think there would enough time for that. Though, if they did a second flashforward after the funeral then maybe they could plany the seeds of someone new, but Id want it to be just a positive outlook for him, not really him dating again.

Quote:
At least TGD and Greys are doctor shows
Yes, and they deal with Covid in real life so that makes sense that doctor shows would do it. It makes sense. And it gives them material to work with now.

But i think they could do a flashforward to when its mostly controlled. Too bad we dont really know what that looks like or when that will happen lol.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

She was rep kinda crazy in s1. The power of Keri Russell to make crazy rootabke.

Idk I really liked Andy/Nina but I am not sure I just want to see him mourning the entire time.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've also been tempted to watch Felicity, Michelle. I saw the pilot but was so annoyed she followed her crush to NYU that I quit there and then Clearly there was a lot more to the story than I thought--thanks Shu for the 'real' story of Felicity Is it streaming anywhere??

It is too bad about female actresses and time passing and their 'worth'. And it is awful about Stephanie's passing. I think the show could "come back" for a funeral for her. Hannah could fly in, (tbd if she and Bright are together), Amy and Ephram and their family, Delia, Sam, and of course Andy and Harold. I think thats the way a reboot could be. It could be Andy post-everything fall/winter/spring/summer like how Gilmore Girls (Year in a Life) did it. (with the seasons/4 episodes)

Jerry you made a good point up thread that if Rose and Harold kept the baby after season 4 she would be in high school by now. Do we think she'd be on a 'revival'?
And yes please, no Madison. The only reference I could think of is...one of my favorite shows Bloondline (Netflix) had a character's child show up at their doorstep at the last episode (season 2, maybe?). It was a gooood cliffhanger and I could see that being done not with Madison, but with her & Ephram's son.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
No, it’s purely a college show but you find out where the characters are after the four years are done.

ETA: I agree. It really is such shame that they act like a woman has lost all value once she buys 40. It’s why I love seeing workmen like Tiraji P. Henson and Angela Bassett excelling and prospering in their 50s.
Got it. That’s great you get a glimpse into the future. Did you overall like the series finale?

Oh me too. Have to embrace the ones who are not treated inappropriately. It’s infuriating there’s a time limit on women in Hollywood but not men. The other night I saw one of many westerns John Wayne was in. He was well into his 50s/60s during this one. I thought about this very thing we’re discussing. John Wayne could pull it off (even if he looked his age) but there’s no way a woman in her 50s/60s was carrying films back then and still showcased as charming and beautiful.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarianx01 (View Post)
I've also been tempted to watch Felicity, Michelle. I saw the pilot but was so annoyed she followed her crush to NYU that I quit there and then Clearly there was a lot more to the story than I thought--thanks Shu for the 'real' story of Felicity Is it streaming anywhere??
I watched Felicity for a few seasons and I even moderated the Felicity board here briefly when it first opened, but I sort of lost interest after a while.

Quote:
It is too bad about female actresses and time passing and their 'worth'. And it is awful about Stephanie's passing. I think the show could "come back" for a funeral for her. Hannah could fly in, (tbd if she and Bright are together), Amy and Ephram and their family, Delia, Sam, and of course Andy and Harold. I think thats the way a reboot could be. It could be Andy post-everything fall/winter/spring/summer like how Gilmore Girls (Year in a Life) did it. (with the seasons/4 episodes)
I think that could work but it would also be sad to have the revival start out with Andy having just lost a wife again.

Quote:
Jerry you made a good point up thread that if Rose and Harold kept the baby after season 4 she would be in high school by now. Do we think she'd be on a 'revival'?
I think that she could be in the revival if her mother hadn't come back and they raised her.

Quote:
And yes please, no Madison. The only reference I could think of is...one of my favorite shows Bloondline (Netflix) had a character's child show up at their doorstep at the last episode (season 2, maybe?). It was a gooood cliffhanger and I could see that being done not with Madison, but with her & Ephram's son.
Maybe, but it would still be too soap opera like for my taste. Still, I'd rather see see Ephram's now teenage (I assume) son than Madison.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Did you not ever watch it?

Yeah she was a little crazy in season 1, not gonna lie. I understood Ben's POV lol.
I’ve never seen Felicity, not even a scene, unbelievably.

LOL, crazy to move there or crazy in general?

Quote:
I think coming together for her funeral would be a good plot point, plus it would be a way for us to say goodbye to both Nina and Stephanie in a nice way. They could share memories and have flashback scenes of her?

I def. wouldnt want a recast and I wouldnt want Andy to find someone new. In a reboot I dont think there would enough time for that. Though, if they did a second flashforward after the funeral then maybe they could plany the seeds of someone new, but Id want it to be just a positive outlook for him, not really him dating again.
Those scenes would be so powerful. Imagine the actors both mourning Nina and Stephanie at the same time. The performances would feel so passionate and real.

I remember Berlanti toyed with the idea of going into the future in the series finale and having it be Andy’s funeral. I’m so thankful that (lame) idea was scratched. It would have sucked.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I love how pro-women you are, Jerry. Your wife hit a jackpot.
Thanks!

Quote:
I think it would be a distinct possibility too. It would also go back to when Andy met Linda and he was mourning Julia... this time he’ll be mourning Nina. It would oddly fit. Of course, we wouldn’t want an inference that he was meant to be with Linda only because two of his wives passed away. But there could be a sort of meant to be magic involved with Andy/Linda ending up together. They did not break up due to lack of feelings or incompatibility. Circumstances, only.
Personally, I would prefer that some time had passed since Nina's death. They should acknowledge her death of course in honor of Stephanie Niznik, but I'd rather see Andy at peace with her passing in a revival.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
She was rep kinda crazy in s1. The power of Keri Russell to make crazy rootabke.

Idk I really liked Andy/Nina but I am not sure I just want to see him mourning the entire time.
She’s a great actress. I know that much. Critics have discussed her for years.

Agreed. I loved Andy/Nina too but seeing Andy so sad and mourning would be tough.

Last edited by jediwands; 12-29-2020 at 08:21 PM
Old 12-29-2020, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
So funny.

I think it is airing somewhere... you told me the other day, Shu, and I forgot where?

Quote:
Love your thoughts!
Old 12-29-2020, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Thanks!

Personally, I would prefer that some time had passed since Nina's death. They should acknowledge her death of course in honor of Stephanie Niznik, but I'd rather see Andy at peace with her passing in a revival.
Oh yes, definitely. By mourning I was thinking even a year after her passing. I’m thinking in my terms considering I’m still grieving and mourning my mom after five years. Every timetable is unique but I know mine is longer than usual. So I was thinking 1-2 years after Nina’s death. Maybe we could see the funeral and then fast forward into the future when they would meet up again.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Got it. That’s great you get a glimpse into the future. Did you overall like the series finale?

Oh me too. Have to embrace the ones who are not treated inappropriately. It’s infuriating there’s a time limit on women in Hollywood but not men. The other night I saw one of many westerns John Wayne was in. He was well into his 50s/60s during this one. I thought about this very thing we’re discussing. John Wayne could pull it off (even if he looked his age) but there’s no way a woman in her 50s/60s was carrying films back then and still showcased as charming and beautiful.
I enjoyed up to 417.
It’s on the abc.com website. It’s basically a coming of age story. Yes, it leans heavily on romance but also we see her form friendships that are far stronger than the romances. I mean it’s not for everyone but I really enjoy it.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I enjoyed up to 417.
It’s on the abc.com website. It’s basically a coming of age story. Yes, it leans heavily on romance but also we see her form friendships that are far stronger than the romances. I mean it’s not for everyone but I really enjoy it.
Thank you!

Up until 417? How much is left after that?
Old 12-29-2020, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Thank you!

Up until 417? How much is left after that?
Just the weird crack episodes. I look at that as a fun miniseries.
Old 12-29-2020, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Just the weird crack episodes. I look at that as a fun miniseries.
Got it. How many are they?
Old 12-29-2020, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Got it. How many are they?
101-417 is the true series. Crack miniseries 418-422. I really love Keri in the Americans