Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
CW Greenlights Greg Berlanti-Julie Plec's 'Tomorrow People' & David Marshall Grant-Produced 'Blink' As Pilots - Deadline.com

Not for me. Sounds very Heroes-ish and I don't like Superhero stuff. Sorry, Greg, and it's on the CW, so it will be something teenageresk.

Sounds way out there....a little different for the CW?

Quote:
Tomorrow People, based on a 1970s U.K. drama series, tells the story of young people around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution and possess special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate with one another telepathically. Together, they work to defeat the forces of evil.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yes, that's true. But Nikita already and Cult are shows that are not typical CW stuff. It's definitely a good thing that the network is trying to be more interesting and they should, because ratings of too many shows are far away from what they used to be. Read Is the CW a Dying Network? for that, I found that article days ago and it was interesting to see how ratings went down. I know why I don't start watching CW (exception is Nikita), because they make nothing that interests me and it's way too much teenager stuff and soap and so on.

The interesting thing is: I'd watch that 70s UK series but wouldn't touch the modern CW remake.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The interesting thing is: I'd watch that 70s UK series but wouldn't touch the modern CW remake.
I could definitely understand that!
Old 01-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Scott Wolf Joins TNT's Perception | tvline.com
Old 02-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Do you know anything about that show, Matt?
Old 02-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Sorry, Michelle, have no clue at all, but don't care much for attorney shows (or I have watched enough for my entire life), so I'll pass.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Sorry, Michelle, have no clue at all, but don't care much for attorney shows (or I have watched enough for my entire life), so I'll pass.
Agreed. It has to be something like Ally McBeal for me to be interested.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Don't get me wrong: I just finished Ally some months ago (it was a nice show but not really great) and the first Boston Legal (which was okay, but I'll watch season 2 soon and some people said it gets better) and I enjoyed Eli Stone (finished rewatching it some weeks ago), and will watch The Good Wife also maybe this year, but that's enough for one lifetime. I agree, characters have to be interesting and the show has to be something different than just something you already have seen before hundreds of times.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Matt, everyone I know who watches The Good Wife absolutely loves it. I have never started watching it and am sorry I haven't.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Betty, I just got it because I got it for a good price and now it's waiting for me watch it but I got so many sesaons to watch, it's hopeless. I hope it's a good show, just got it because I think the idea sounds interesting and it has a lot of well known guest actors on it all the time. We'll see.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You might as well watch it since you have it! Everyone says that it's EXCELLENT.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

The Good Wife is a good show . I stopped watching it, because right now I don't have time for this show and quite frankly I'm not in the mood, but it has good premise and good conflict - especially in the first two seasons.

The law aspect of the show is well law . I'm not familiar, so I can't say if it's bad or good, but the main character is interesting. Plus I like the fact that for once they show a woman who has to provide for her kids while her husband is in jail. Especially having in mind that after she married she didn't work for about I don't know at least 15 years or maybe it was 20. She was a good wife - classic housewife and it didn't pay out very good for her. And then she has to be the one working and taking care of her kids. That's actually what I like about this show - she has to fight for a job with youngsters who have no families, she has to deal with what her husband did and she has to do the parenting.

Ugh I talked more about Good Wife in a thread about Everwood cast . So yeah if you have the time you should really watch this show - at least the first two seasons that I've watched are good.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ugh I talked more about Good Wife in a thread about Everwood cast . So yeah if you have the time you should really watch this show - at least the first two seasons that I've watched are good
It's okay, Koni. Talk as much as you want about whatever you want!!
Old 02-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Don't get me wrong: I just finished Ally some months ago (it was a nice show but not really great) and the first Boston Legal (which was okay, but I'll watch season 2 soon and some people said it gets better) and I enjoyed Eli Stone (finished rewatching it some weeks ago), and will watch The Good Wife also maybe this year, but that's enough for one lifetime. I agree, characters have to be interesting and the show has to be something different than just something you already have seen before hundreds of times.
Yes, I get super bored unless the characters are interesting and they carry the show over a big, dark courtroom that is the main character, instead.

Gaby watched The Good Wife. I am not sure if she still watches but she used to be a huge fan of the show.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Just posting this here to maybe get somebody interested:

CBS' Golden Boy | tvline.com

It started yesterday/today, on Tuesday. I watched a promo, looks like nothing special, so sorry Greg. Also I wonder why tvline writers "Executive-produced by Greg Berlanti (Jack & Bobby)" - I mean, he has done Everwood (HIS show), was involved with Brothers & Sisters, Eli Stone, Arrow - but they mention that little show? Okay, doesn't matter. Still hoping - sure we all do - for something more the Everwood direction than Arrow or Golden Boy shows.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread