Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Christopher Nolan, eh? Screw Berlanti then, heh. Although I am really really interested in where he, Michael Green and Michael Guggenheim take these superhero movies. Just having Berlanti involved in something like that seems so different to me. But then the trend lately is to have these movies focus on character and for them to just be more than action, so it also makes sense to have him on them at this point. I just think he's going to do something different. Good or bad different? Who knows. Hee.
Berlanti was/is involved in The Green Lantern movie, right?. I didn't keep track of that one. I'm a little out of the Berlanti loop. Lol.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 06-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
Berlanti was/is involved in The Green Lantern movie, right?. I didn't keep track of that one. I'm a little out of the Berlanti loop. Lol.
Yes, I believe he co-wrote it, and is co-writing the sequel that has already been given the go ahead without the first one even being shot yet! Hollywood, I tells ya. Heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 06-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Yes, I believe he co-wrote it, and is co-writing the sequel that has already been given the go ahead without the first one even being shot yet! Hollywood, I tells ya. Heh.
Geez. They just recently started filming!. A little too confident there, Hollywood!.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Master Fan

A big listing of what the cast is up to now: 'Everwood' Cast: Where Are They Now?

Most things we know, because most of the info was probably done on an imdb search, heh.

One thing that I don't think we knew:

Quote:
Beasley started the John Beasley Theater & Workshop, a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to plays written by or featuring African Americans.
Neat! Quite appropriate from the "the lone black man living in a racially homogeneous town." I still love that scene.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 06-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for posting Tos!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

While I'm sure you guys have already seen this, I wanted to bring it by anyway just in case:

No longer in EVERWOOD anymore, we shine the spotlight on ROOKIE BLUE star Gregory Smith | the TV addict

We Take a Trip Down Memory Lane with EVERWOOD’s Gregory Smith | the TV addict
Old 06-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, Augusta. Yes, the Greg Thread has been very busy with interviews. It's so cool to see Greg actively out and about again and people knowing who he is again after so long with him under the radar after Everwood.

Are you going to check out his new show?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I already have it on a series recording...I'm ready!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

If anyone is wondering what Vanessa Taylor has been up to:

Quote:
#5 GREAT OSCAR HOPES

Oscar winners Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges are in advanced talks to star in a dramedy called Great Hope Springs. When the project was first announced this week, the director was listed as Jessie Nelson (I Am Sam). However, within a few hours, the news broke that Mike Nichols (Closer, Charlie Wilson's War) is now in talks for the job. Nichols and Streep previously worked together on 1984's Silkwood, which earned them both Oscar nominations. Great Hope Springs will tell the story of long-married couple who spend a weekend attending an intense counseling session to decide the fate of their marriage. Streep's Doubt costar Philip Seymour Hoffman had been interested in costarring as the counselor, but reportedly dropped out due to scheduling conflicts. Great Hope Springs will be the theatrical debut of television screenwriter Vanessa Taylor, whose previous work includes episodes of Alias, Everwood and HBO's Tell Me You Love Me. Great Hope Springs is an independent production that appears likely to start filming this fall.
ROTTEN TOMATOES: Weekly Ketchup: Disney Makes Plans for Dr. Strange

Must be a good script to get these kind of name actors.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

who's Vanessa Taylor
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-26-2010, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
If anyone is wondering what Vanessa Taylor has been up to:

ROTTEN TOMATOES: Weekly Ketchup: Disney Makes Plans for Dr. Strange

Must be a good script to get these kind of name actors.
Good for Vanessa!. And look at that cast and director!. Nichols is getting the AFI Lifetime Achievement Award tonight too.

Good to see our EW writers doing well.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
Good for Vanessa!. And look at that cast and director!. Nichols is getting the AFI Lifetime Achievement Award tonight too.

Good to see our EW writers doing well.
Absolutely. Especially Vanessa. She seems to always to something a little different. Heck, even sometimes controversial. This doesn't sound like my kind of movie from the first look of the premise, but I do have some confidence in Vanessa to make it something interesting.

Patricia, Vanessa was one of the more major Everwood writers in the first two seasons. She wrote "Episode 20" (the abortion episode), among others.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ah, thanks Tos
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

No problem. Most people don't know who Vanessa Taylor is either, really. I'm just...sort of obsessed with our writers. Just a tad.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

Rina Mimoun has a new pilot:

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, a medical drama by Privileged creator Rina Mimoun has landed at CBS with a put pilot commitment.

The untitled project, from Warner Bros. TV where Mimoun is under an overall deal, centers on a mother who reconnects with her adult children when she joins the family medical practice.

In addition to creating and executive producing WBTV’s CW series Privileged, UTA-repped Mimoun also worked on studio's hourlong series Everwood, on which she rose to showrunner, Gilmore Girls, Pushing Daisies and Eastwick.
Rina Mimoun Medical Drama Gets Put Pilot Commitment At CBS – Deadline.com

Medical drama? Eh. Family medical drama? Better. I mean, that's technically what Everwood started as. Although I'm sure this will be more of a procedural, being on CBS and all. Still, it's Rina. I'll tune in.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread