Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Everwood Official Soundtrack (and other music on Everwood) Thread#2.

Everwood Music (soundtrack and other music) Thread

Here's the list of original music, as per Matt (thanks!), taken from the Everwood Music website's music guide.

The Official Soundtrack

1. Lonely People - Jars of Clay (popularized by America)
2. Trouble - Kristin Hersh (popularized by Cat Stevens)
3. These Days - Griffin House (popularized by Jackson Browne)
4. Only Living Boy in New York - David Mead (popularized by Simon & Garfunkel)
5. Summer Breeze - Jason Mraz (popularized by Seals & Crofts) 6. Father and Son - Leigh Nash (popularized by Cat Stevens)
7. The Harder They Come - Guster (popularized by Jimmy Cliff)
8. Don't Be Shy - Travis (popularized by Cat Stevens)
9. Operator (That's Not The Way It Feels) - Toby Lightman (popularized by Jim Croce)
10. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Stereophonics (popularized by Roberta Flack)
11. Jump Little Children - Cathedrals
12. Main Title Theme for Everwood - Blake Neely
13. Love Song - Treat Williams (Bonus Track)

The Unofficial Ephram & Amy Soundtrack

The songs are played in order of the episodes they appeared on. This way, you can listen to it and relive the entire Ephramy history through Music.

The Complete Music Listing of Everwood, per episode.

All credit goes to the now former everwoodmusic.com website. We don't want their hard work and dedication to go down the tubes.

Last edited by 'Tos; 03-26-2012 at 11:48 PM
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

From the previous thread...posted by Matt....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
You think that's a problem? You think that takes me more than 10 minutes?

No, so here we go,

Comfort: 4x17 - At the end of the episode, the last 3 minutes. Just a great/awesome collection of scenes without much talking, Reid in hospital bed, Jake + Nina, Delia + Andy watching tv and eating popcorn (), the Abbotts at home, Hannah phoning, and then Ephramy so sweet. They are not allowed to change that!!!! That song fits so perfectly!!! Here's the song!

Good Enough: 4x18 - one hand one broken arm Bright sitting at home, being sad, listening to ... surprise, surprise ... "Good Enough" by the great Sarah McLachlan. They won't be able to change that, cos sweet Emily says "you're listening to Sarah McLachlan?"

Result: We need both songs!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

From the previous thread..originally posted by Dolfan......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
Well, just checked TheWB.com for the episode "Getting to Know You" and it doesn't have DeVotchka. Here's the link if you're curious: Everwood: Watch Full Episodes on TheWB.com

The replacement song is not bad or anything but this probably means there's no chance for Dave Matthews and a few others later in the season.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

I have to say: The Amy & Ephram Soundtrack is really sweet, listened to it yesterday, great music.
ForVanAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
I have to say: The Amy & Ephram Soundtrack is really sweet, listened to it yesterday, great music.
Oh, awesome. I'm so glad that that still works! Awesome idea of Alex to make that for all of us.

Quote:
Well, just checked TheWB.com for the episode "Getting to Know You" and it doesn't have DeVotchka. Here's the link if you're curious: Everwood: Watch Full Episodes on TheWB.com

The replacement song is not bad or anything but this probably means there's no chance for Dave Matthews and a few others later in the season.
Thanks for the bad news, heh. I can't play it (only works in US), but does the replacement song at least bring a certain intensity to it? That was a great aspect of the DeVotcka song, it really set the mood for the episode...

Although, watching the opening again, Jake playing Solitaire while on prescription drugs while this intense song plays over it is still pretty funny to me.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I actually think the replacement song is pretty good and still seems to fit. I'm guessing that won't be the same for some of the other replacements, though.
Dolfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It does fit, but it's not as powerful as the DeVotchka song.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
From the previous thread...posted by Matt....
Ooh yeah! Comfort was a great song choice. It's appeared in some of Berlanti/Mimoun's other shows as well. I'd imagine this is a lock for the DVD as well, they seem pretty big on Deb Talan and she's a small enough artist(I think) that her song's would be fairly cheap(I'm assuming).

Wasn't there another DeVotchka song EW used? Sometime in season 3? I think that got replaced as well.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
ShadowMagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Master Fan

Oh, I kept forgetting to mention this. "Cathedrals" was used for a performance number on So You Think You Can Dance two weeks ago. It was...jarring, to say the least, heh. And the storyline of the dance wasn't even about a high school student preparing to undergo ultimately fatal brain surgery!!! I mean, really guys.

Here it is, hope I don't get the uploader's account disabled by linking it...:

Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
And the storyline of the dance wasn't even about a high school student preparing to undergo ultimately fatal brain surgery!!!
Hee! I'm not sure how I feel about the use of the song and the dance style. Now I've never seen that show before and my knowledge of dancing is pretty much slim to none, but I think if they had done a slower routine of some kind, it would've gone over better. Did they get high marks?

I wonder how they came across the song anyways...our fandom is pretty much the only one who's heard of JLC...and even then, it's only their one song at that!
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
ShadowMagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Such a beautiful song...no matter how it's used.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

I still get chills from that song.

Quote:
I wonder how they came across the song anyways...our fandom is pretty much the only one who's heard of JLC...and even then, it's only their one song at that!
Let's just pretend they're Everwood fans, because that would rock and hopefully then they win...and it turns out they've never even heard of the show, so we can then boo them. Sounds like a plan to me!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, checked TheWB.com and, like we figured, "Steady As We Go" (from the dance scene between Ephram and Amy) was changed to some crappy song. Oh well!
Dolfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Well, checked TheWB.com and, like we figured, "Steady As We Go" (from the dance scene between Ephram and Amy) was changed to some crappy song. Oh well!
That change is a travesty.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMagist (View Post)
Hee! I'm not sure how I feel about the use of the song and the dance style. Now I've never seen that show before and my knowledge of dancing is pretty much slim to none, but I think if they had done a slower routine of some kind, it would've gone over better. Did they get high marks?

The judges liked the routine pretty well, although the judges also praised all but one routine that night so it's tough to assess what they really thought, heh. I also thought there was a mismatch between music and movement, though. Too...upbeat for a fairly melancholy song. (If you want a dance perspective, they have a real technical problem insofar as their not well-matched physically for lifts, but they've been improving as a team over the past two weeks and have found ways around the height problem.)

As for the song choice, you can credit the routine's choreographer: Stacey Tookey. Looking at her bio, maybe she ran into Greg at some point and got the suggestion from him, .
Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top