Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2021, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Everwood Melting Pot (OT3) #71: Cultural Exchange

EVERWOOD

This thread is for discussing different cultures and customs around the world.
Current events are welcome.
Political-related discussions are allowed.

We enjoy the atmosphere and peaceful environment. We know that sometimes in the heat of the moment there's temptation to cross the line so we would kindly ask you to follow the rules below:

1. Discuss opinions and ideas. Do not bash people.
2. Respect the opinions of fellow posters.
3. Attack ideas. Do not attack people.
4. Accept that someone having a different opinion does not mean that they hate or dislike you. They just disagree with you.
5. If you feel that someone shows any disrespect towards you, please do not engage in arguments. Contact us and we will handle it.
6. Most important of all... we need to be open-minded and show respect for our fellow posters.

We thank you for reading and hope that you will have fun posting here!

~ Michelle & Betty

Old 02-08-2021, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Last Page of Posts on Previous Thread
Old 02-08-2021, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new Thread, Michelle!!
Old 02-08-2021, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You're welcome!
Old 02-08-2021, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Liz Cheney...

Can anyone figure her out?

What I mean is this:

As a Democrat, I disagree with her policies/stances, 100%. She is not only conservative but extremely conservative.

However, she's not radicalized or crazy either. I know this much. I also Intuitively understand (I SEE this) higher ups in the background are protecting her (her past corrupt father, Bush, etc) so she'll never lose her place within the GOP.

However, up until 1/6, she also sided with Trump about 95% of the time. 1/6 turned things for her.

But what I do not understand is this... why did she vote in favor of Greene keeping her job duties? What was that all about? It doesn't make sense to me. Was she feeling good because the secret ballot kept her in so she returned the favor by voting to keep Greene? I don't think it's that simple. My dad believes she went there because she knows Greene is sunk anyway and it didn't really matter. All I know is there has to be a political reason why she defended Greene even if she understands Greene is a big problem and a flat out Trump Cult Member and supporter who could do further damage to an already wounded and messed up Republican Party.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:28 AM
Administrator

I think she's caving in to the hardliner members of the GOP because she was censured in Arizona and came close to being ousted from her leadership spot in the House of Representatives. They're all afraid of Trump and his base.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-08-2021, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I think she's caving in to the hardliner members of the GOP because she was censured in Arizona and came close to being ousted from her leadership spot in the House of Representatives. They're all afraid of Trump and his base.
That's what I believe as well. Trump has so much power...unfortunately.

We need Republicans like Liz Cheney who have some common sense and reason. Too bad there are not enough of them.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I don’t understand the fear angle. It’s as simple as convicting him and then he’s severed and removed from the party. He loses all that power he has now. Don’t they realize this? You convict him and he’s done. He can never run again and he doesn’t have anymore power within the party once he’s convicted. It’s the easiest solution to get rid of him and start to transform your party. I don’t understand what they’re doing.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

What’s also so ridiculous is they created Donald Trump. So accept your creation failed, convict him, and move on knowing IF you don’t fix your party you will never be able to compete for big time political positions ever again.

I guess they fail to understand they still have power to fix things. It starts by convicting him and then transforming your party into a party that is a viable option once again. It’s going to take time but nothing can start to change until you get that albatross known as the orange monster out of your path.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

As for Liz Cheney... I believe she is one of the so-called “good” Republicans who is just ultra conservative. So yes, if the party had the vast majority like her it would be a good thing. However, she was in bed with Trump throughout 90-95% of his time in office. It took 1/6 for her to see the light. What that means is she contributed to and enabled him throughout most of his presidency and that is disgusting. She will also be known as one of those 199 Republicans who voted for/defended Greene, a despicable, dangerous politician who is in favor of executing Democrats, hates Jews, hates Muslims, hates blacks, hates gays, thinks 9/11 wasn’t real and school shootings were set ups so let’s harass school shooting families who lost loved ones, and the list goes on.

Like, I can’t comprehend how those 199 could vote for someone like that... I don’t care how “scared” they are. If you are a decent person, you don’t let fear get in the way of decency.
Old 02-08-2021, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That all said... better late than never... Liz Cheney calling on the Republican Party to cleanse itself of Trumpism is to be commended... not just for the Republican Party but in general, getting rid of the darkness is absolutely what has to happen. If you get rid of it within your own party then these conspiracy theorist wackos have no one to follow to help keep their delusional thinking going. You essentially help these people to move on as well.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

There’s your Republican Party.

I sit here in Minnesota watching the governors of Iowa, SD and ND not caring about science knowing it’s only a matter of time before our borders are affected and Minnesota’s numbers will go up again due irresponsible leaders in bordering states.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ I have multiple reasons for not liking the Republican Party and here’s another reason to add to the list.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Check this out:

How is that a stable response? It is scary and vile. Like we’ve stated on this thread... the vast majority of the Republican Party are... radicalized. This “threat” should be immediately questioned for meaning.

If I was in a room filled with only Republicans from the Senate and House I wouldn’t feel safe.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I don’t understand the fear angle. It’s as simple as convicting him and then he’s severed and removed from the party. He loses all that power he has now. Don’t they realize this? You convict him and he’s done. He can never run again and he doesn’t have anymore power within the party once he’s convicted. It’s the easiest solution to get rid of him and start to transform your party. I don’t understand what they’re doing.
They're not afraid of Trump....but his fan base. The fan base will not go away even if Trump does.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread