Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2020, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Everwood Melting Pot (OT3) #65: Cultural Exchange: Looking forward to January 20, 2021.

EVERWOOD

This thread is for discussing different cultures and customs around the world.
Current events are welcome.
Political-related discussions are allowed.

We enjoy the atmosphere and peaceful environment. We know that sometimes in the heat of the moment there's temptation to cross the line so we would kindly ask you to follow the rules below:

1. Discuss opinions and ideas. Do not bash people.
2. Respect the opinions of fellow posters.
3. Attack ideas. Do not attack people.
4. Accept that someone having a different opinion does not mean that they hate or dislike you. They just disagree with you.
5. If you feel that someone shows any disrespect towards you, please do not engage in arguments. Contact us and we will handle it.
6. Most important of all... we need to be open-minded and show respect for our fellow posters.

We thank you for reading and hope that you will have fun posting here!

~ Michelle & Betty

Quote:
57 years ago today, this country lost a great President, and the world lost an inspirational leader. Beyond that, a First Lady lost her husband, and two small children lost their father. I’ll always remember where I was when President Kennedy was assassinated, and even though I was just a month away from turning six years old, I remember that day vividly. I was in 1st Grade in St. John's Elementary School in The Bronx and the Principal announced it on the loudspeaker. We were sent home and when I got home my mother was crying. I remember watching the funeral that weekend and being mad that my cartoons weren’t on, and I remember my mother saying “Watch this! This is history!” And so I watched it, and I mostly remember the sound of the drums as the funeral procession made its way to Arlington National Cemetery. I’ve read countless books about President Kennedy and I have his speeches and the story of his life and assassination on VHS and DVD, and my Den is a Mini-Memorial to him, with his White House Portrait and my 50th Anniversary Coin Collection on display, and I’ll always feel that the world has never been the same since his tragic death. Rest in Peace President Kennedy and God Bless you.

-Jerry D/Administrator/Historian
11/22/20

Last edited by jediwands; 11-23-2020 at 11:32 AM
Old 11-22-2020, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Michelle!!
Old 11-22-2020, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Welcome!

Last Page of Posts on Previous Thread
Old 11-22-2020, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Outside of him being thick enough to vote for the lunatic madman twice, he's finally making sense:

Old 11-22-2020, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the new thread Michelle. Perfect title!

I'm shocked that Christie would be so honest, but he's no longer in any elected office so he has nothing to lose. I'll bet that Trump blamed him for the disastrous 1st Debate, because he apparently encouraged Trump to be aggressive to throw Biden off his game and it backfired.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-22-2020, 01:26 PM
Administrator

57 years ago today, this country lost a great President, and the world lost an inspirational leader. Beyond that, a First Lady lost her husband, and two small children lost their father. I’ll always remember where I was when President Kennedy was assassinated, and even though I was just a month away from turning six years old, I remember that day vividly. I was in 1st Grade in St. John's Elementary School in The Bronx and the Principal announced it on the loudspeaker. We were sent home and when I got home my mother was crying. I remember watching the funeral that weekend and being mad that my cartoons weren’t on, and I remember my mother saying “Watch this! This is history!” And so I watched it, and I mostly remember the sound of the drums as the funeral procession made its way to Arlington National Cemetery. I’ve read countless books about President Kennedy and I have his speeches and the story of his life and assassination on VHS and DVD, and my Den is a Mini-Memorial to him, with his White House Portrait and my 50th Anniversary Coin Collection on display, and I’ll always feel that the world has never been the same since his tragic death. Rest in Peace President Kennedy and God Bless you.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-22-2020, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread Michelle. Perfect title!

I'm shocked that Christie would be so honest, but he's no longer in any elected office so he has nothing to lose. I'll bet that Trump blamed him for the disastrous 1st Debate, because he apparently encouraged Trump to be aggressive to throw Biden off his game and it backfired.
You're welcome!

That's very true. I didn't know it was Christie who told Trump to be aggressive. Interesting. You have to be right and Trump holds it against him. Then I bet Christie blames Trump for getting Covid. Both significant things have probably separated them and Christie knows Trump has lost so all the more he doesn't care. He is probably trying to put himself in a better light knowing Trump is leaving soon.
Old 11-22-2020, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)

So very beautiful.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I still can't get over Rudy Giuliani and what that evil pig did during 9/11. Well, I can get over it because I knew he was dark, but just hearing the facts now is absolutely incredible. He is Satan. The biggest assault on US soil and he took advantage of it by lying and scheming. Pure evil. Imagine the pain, confusion, sorrow, mourning, and every other heartbreak going on WHILE Rudy Giuliani was lying and scheming.

Taking advantage of a terrorist attack on US soil as a leader AND attempting to assault a minor = purely SATANIC. I hope he burns in hell.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-22-2020 at 04:33 PM
Old 11-22-2020, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread
Old 11-22-2020, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Welcome.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Incredible!
Old 11-22-2020, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Something Alan (and Koni, I have to show her!) would have loved.

Also... Alan's Oklahoma Sooners Football won the other night... a complete Bedlam blowout.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
^ Something Alan (and Koni, I have to show her!) would have loved.

Also... Alan's Oklahoma Sooners Football won the other night... a complete Bedlam blowout.
That's wonderful!

Old 11-22-2020, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)

Incredible!
Wow, that's incredible!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread