Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2020, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Everwood Melting Pot (OT3) #62: Cultural Exchange

EVERWOOD

This thread is for discussing different cultures and customs around the world.
Current events are welcome.
Political-related discussions are allowed.

We enjoy the atmosphere and peaceful environment. We know that sometimes in the heat of the moment there's temptation to cross the line so we would kindly ask you to follow the rules below:

1. Discuss opinions and ideas. Do not bash people.
2. Respect the opinions of fellow posters.
3. Attack ideas. Do not attack people.
4. Accept that someone having a different opinion does not mean that they hate or dislike you. They just disagree with you.
5. If you feel that someone shows any disrespect towards you, please do not engage in arguments. Contact us and we will handle it.
6. Most important of all... we need to be open-minded and show respect for our fellow posters.

We thank you for reading and hope that you will have fun posting here!

~ Michelle & Betty
Old 11-04-2020, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks, Betty!
Old 11-04-2020, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, Biden is up in Wisconsin by close to 30,000 votes. It was just reported in Wisconsin there's only 300 votes left to be counted, one tiny county. Thus, Biden wins Wisconsin. However, the Trump side just came out and said they're requesting a recount. Let them do it. It won't change anything and nothing wrong with counting votes.
Old 11-04-2020, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Come on Midwest, WI and MI!
Old 11-04-2020, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

THISSSSSS is interesting:

Old 11-04-2020, 11:38 AM
Administrator

I'm still holding out hope that Biden will win, but I'm so appalled and disgusted that so many people voted for Trump when he's a vile, racist, homophobic and misogynistic bastard whose policies have contributed to the deaths of 240,000 people and counting, and thanks to him and his Republican cronies, this pandemic isn't close to being over, and he willfully disregards science and he treats anyone who listens to people like Dr. Fauci with contempt. I despise him with every core of my being. I just don't understand it. What the hell is wrong with the people of this country?

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-04-2020, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I'm still holding out hope that Biden will win, but I'm so appalled and disgusted that so many people voted for Trump when he's a vile, racist, homophobic and misogynistic bastard whose policies have contributed to the deaths of 240,000 people, and thanks to him and his Republican cronies, this pandemic isn't close to being over, and he willfully disregards science and he treats anyone who listens to people like Dr. Fauci with contempt. I despise him with every core of my being. I despise him with every core of my being. I just don't understand it. What the hell is wrong with the people of this country?
Well said, Jerry. I completely agree. My sister was so upset last night and said the same, exact thing. She's in a better mood this morning but still cannot believe the Republican Party and others that voted for Trump.

Whenever I focus on this, I just take a glance at the popular vote. They are outnumbered and at least we have this.

Also, should Biden win as they say in sports... a win's a win's a win. Trump will be defeated and that's the most important thing.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-04-2020 at 11:48 AM
Old 11-04-2020, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Thanks Michelle.

Another lesson learned is that all these polls that showed Biden way ahead ultimately meant nothing and were misleading, and it could have made some people complacent.

Another issue is how here in Texas Abbott made it so difficult for people who don't have access to transportation to vote by restricting mail-in ballots and allowing only one drop-off place per county to drop off mail-in ballots. Harris County (Houston) which has a large underprivileged population is huge, which would make it very difficult for people to drop off their mail-in ballots if they didn't leave near the drop off point. You could drive for 45 minutes and still be in Harris County! The Republicans can't win fair and square so they'll lie, cheat and steal to get what they want, and they're proud of it!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-04-2020, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I feel physically ILL.
a meaningful, sane existence
Old 11-04-2020, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane (View Post)
I feel physically ILL.
Hi Myra!

Welcome, and I completely understand.

Old 11-04-2020, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

They're saying PA still has 2 million votes left to count but that Biden will win that state as well. It's too close for my comfort.
a meaningful, sane existence
Old 11-04-2020, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Tftnt
Old 11-04-2020, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Trump campaign trying to stop PA from counting the votes.

Unbelievable. Literally trying to prevent every American from getting their vote to count. Pure evil.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Thanks Michelle.

Another lesson learned is that all these polls that showed Biden way ahead ultimately meant nothing and were misleading, and it could have made some people complacent.

Another issue is how here in Texas Abbott made it so difficult for people who don't have access to transportation to vote by restricting mail-in ballots and allowing only one drop-off place per county to drop off mail-in ballots. Harris County (Houston) which has a large underprivileged population is huge, which would make it very difficult for people to drop off their mail-in ballots if they didn't leave near the drop off point. You could drive for 45 minutes and still be in Harris County! The Republicans can't win fair and square so they'll lie, cheat and steal to get what they want, and they're proud of it!
Definitely.

Governor Abbott is filth. Disgusting. Yet... the Republican Party is about freedom away from Government control. The reality is the Republican Party lies, cheats, manipulates, tries controlling women, is trying to control when your right to vote is possible, etc.

What a joke of a party. Trump is a vile creature but Republicans in general are more similar to Trump than they'd ever admit. Hope this party pays a high price for still sticking with Orange-faced narcissistic criminal.
Old 11-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Biden/Harris talking now. As an Empath, I feel so peaceful and confident in this ticket. They are so united, strong, intelligent, and FOR the American people.

Biden just said the REST of the PA votes are all by mail aka Democrats. Oh man, I hope so!

Let's go, Blue! Let's GO Biden/Harris!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread