Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2020, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Everwood Melting Pot (OT3) #58: Cultural Exchange

EVERWOOD

This thread is for discussing different cultures and customs around the world.
Current events are welcome.
Political-related discussions are allowed.

We enjoy the atmosphere and peaceful environment. We know that sometimes in the heat of the moment there's temptation to cross the line so we would kindly ask you to follow the rules below:

1. Discuss opinions and ideas. Do not bash people.
2. Respect the opinions of fellow posters.
3. Attack ideas. Do not attack people.
4. Accept that someone having a different opinion does not mean that they hate or dislike you. They just disagree with you.
5. If you feel that someone shows any disrespect towards you, please do not engage in arguments. Contact us and we will handle it.
6. Most important of all... we need to be open-minded and show respect for our fellow posters.

We thank you for reading and hope that you will have fun posting here!

~ Michelle & Betty

Last edited by jediwands; 08-22-2020 at 10:55 AM
Old 08-22-2020, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Former Vice President Joe Biden said in an exclusive interview with ABC "World News Tonight" Anchor David Muir on Friday that as president, he would shut the country down to stop the spread of COVID-19 if the move was recommended to him by scientists.

“I would shut it down; I would listen to the scientists,” Biden told Muir Friday, alongside his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., during their first joint interview since officially becoming the Democratic Party’s presidential and vice presidential nominees.
If a Democratic President was in office right now it would have been "Covid who?" a long time ago.
Old 08-22-2020, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
If a Democratic President was in office right now it would have been "Covid who?" a long time ago.
True, but Trump could use that statement to play to peoples' fears about the economy shutting down. I think that things are going to get vicious in these last two months before the election, and by things I mean Trump and the Republicans.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-22-2020, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
True, but Trump could use that statement to play to peoples' fears about the economy shutting down. I think that things are going to get vicious in these last two months before the election, and by things I mean Trump and the Republicans.
He's so stupid though because the economy is still suffering even with his need to keep things open. He attempted to put a Band-Aid on things while keeping the economy going and it did not work. Sometimes you have to suffer and take your lumps but in the end it will turn out even better. Canada did it right which is how the US would have done it had a Democratic president been in there. Canada is not suffering economically in a severe way. It will definitely get nasty the next couple months. He's already lied about multiple things in the last 24 hours. I was just reading some of the idiotic things he has said that are blatant lies. His cronies are stupid enough to believe every lie.
Old 08-22-2020, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Trump lie

In tags due to language:

Spoiler:
Old 08-22-2020, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
He's so stupid though because the economy is still suffering even with his need to keep things open. He attempted to put a Band-Aid on things while keeping the economy going and it did not work. Sometimes you have to suffer and take your lumps but in the end it will turn out even better. Canada did it right which is how the US would have done it had a Democratic president been in there. Canada is not suffering economically in a severe way. It will definitely get nasty the next couple months. He's already lied about multiple things in the last 24 hours. I was just reading some of the idiotic things he has said that are blatant lies. His cronies are stupid enough to believe every lie.
I completely agree with you, but Trump plays on fear and ignorance, and that scares me. I don't want four more years of Trump and his ever changing cadre of corrupt criminal cronies running this country.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-22-2020, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Trump lie

In tags due to language:

Spoiler:
That didn't work

Old 08-22-2020, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That didn't work
Do you see it? Or you mean Trump's lie?
Old 08-22-2020, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Michelle!!
Old 08-22-2020, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Welcome!
Old 08-22-2020, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Do you see it? Or you mean Trump's lie?
When I clicked on it, it just showed numbers, but it's working now. Thanks!

That Tweet is Trump to a tee: He's playing on fear and lying to make the Democrats look bad. He's so despicable.

Old 08-22-2020, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
When I clicked on it, it just showed numbers, but it's working now. Thanks!

That Tweet is Trump to a tee: He's playing on fear and lying to make the Democrats look bad. He's so despicable.
Exactly. The smart people know better. Problem is there’s lots of clueless, blinded people who inhale everything he says as gospel.
Old 08-22-2020, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Trump lie

In tags due to language:

Spoiler:
One of the many from this week I suppose
Old 08-22-2020, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
one of the many from this week i suppose
100%.
Old 08-23-2020, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
100%.
It's ridiculous how much he is lies
Closed Thread   Post New Thread