Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2020, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
That being said:

1. US is a major tourist and business destination.

2. Endless people from both Europe, China and throughout the world carried the virus over here in March (and even earlier). The borders were open for far too long. However, the damage was done.

3. But the US cannot help how many people flocked to this country from around the world and carried the virus with them.

4. That's why NYC and California were bombarded, foreign travel for business and pleasure.

5. So we've had tons more to deal with then a New Zealand.

6. The problem is HOW some chose to deal with it.

7. Democrat states relied on science, took it seriously.

8. Republican states FAILED since it was money over life. Kind of ironic since Republicans claim to be pro-life...

9. California is the exception. Just sooooooo many people, beach goers being stupid plus the on top of each other protests have put them in a hotspot.

10. We do not have a competent president. He cares about himself, money and golf over anything else.
That's very true, but it does say a lot about your leadership too
Old 07-26-2020, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Trump wants to send in federal forces to stop the violence, but the cities' mayors won't allow it. I don't know what the correct solution is, but just letting it happen and wringing our hands isn't it.
Trump offered that too but Walz declined. Minnesota used the local national guard and was willing to use Wisconsin's and Iowa's too. Worked very quickly. Why not the state national guard?
Old 07-26-2020, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That's very true, but it does say a lot about your leadership too
Well yes, thus, 10. Lol.

But like I said... depending on the state... on a STATE level some of the leadership has been phenomenal.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Well yes, thus, 10. Lol.

But like I said... depending on the state... on a STATE level some of the leadership has been phenomenal.
True
Old 07-27-2020, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This is so great. Good for him!

Old 07-27-2020, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Trump offered that too but Walz declined. Minnesota used the local national guard and was willing to use Wisconsin's and Iowa's too. Worked very quickly. Why not the state national guard?
Anything would be good. Nothing wrong with state national guard. It's just that the other states are not doing anything at the moment.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Anything would be good. Nothing wrong with state national guard. It's just that the other states are not doing anything at the moment.
I need to watch the news more. I'm avoiding it so much because of the pandemic. It only enrages me to see these incompetent governors in the red states. So I have ignored most national news outside of headlines on Twitter I ignore. I'm seeing New York City, I'm seeing Portland and I'm seeing Seattle. Any other cities?
Old 07-27-2020, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I know you said the New York City Mayor is awful but in his defenseā€¦ New York City is a little different than Minneapolis. Minneapolis is way more spread out with less people so I'd assume it was much easier to get things under control even with active protests. It has to be much tougher in New York City.

Even the Minneapolis Mayor seemed totally over his head. Nicest guy in the world, and overall a great politician but he seemed overwhelmed when things got out of control which is why Governor Walz took over and got the State level national guard involved. Like I said, Trump offered his resources but Walz chose state level national guard with Wisconsin's and Iowa's national guards on standby and ready to help if necessary. Thankfully it wasn't necessary.

I really hope the cities in trouble right now get the help they need!

Last edited by jediwands; 07-27-2020 at 02:21 PM
Old 07-27-2020, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
This is so great. Good for him!

That's great
Old 07-27-2020, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That's great
It really is.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I need to watch the news more. I'm avoiding it so much because of the pandemic. It only enrages me to see these incompetent governors in the red states. So I have ignored most national news outside of headlines on Twitter I ignore. I'm seeing New York City, I'm seeing Portland and I'm seeing Seattle. Any other cities?
I figured that since you didn't know what was going on in our cities.

Another city that is in a mess is Chicago. They have babies and young children being shot.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I know you said the New York City Mayor is awful but in his defenseā€¦ New York City is a little different than Minneapolis. Minneapolis is way more spread out with less people so I'd assume it was much easier to get things under control even with active protests. It has to be much tougher in New York City.

Even the Minneapolis Mayor seemed totally over his head. Nicest guy in the world, and overall a great politician but he seemed overwhelmed when things got out of control which is why Governor Walz took over and got the State level national guard involved. Like I said, Trump offered his resources but Walz chose state level national guard with Wisconsin's and Iowa's national guards on standby and ready to help if necessary. Thankfully it wasn't necessary.

I really hope the cities in trouble right now get the help they need!
It's tougher in NYC, but they it has excellent cops who can take care of it if allowed. Unfortunately they don't have the backing of the mayor and their hands are tied. He really is the absolute worst.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 07-27-2020 at 04:09 PM
Old 07-27-2020, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I figured that since you didn't know what was going on in our cities.

Another city that is in a mess is Chicago. They have babies and young children being shot.
Oh yes, I did hear about Chicago.

This is bad.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's tougher in NYC, but they it has excellent cops who can take care of it if allowed. Unfortunately they don't have the backing of the mayor and their hands are tied. He really is the absolute worst.
Man that sucks. I don't really understand? Do you mean the police can't even stop the chaos? WTF does he expect? This sounds awful.
Old 07-28-2020, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It really is.
Yep
Closed Thread   Post New Thread