Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2020, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Is there any way out of this? Even trade? I know it can't happen overnight but this really is a nightmare and you're right, we are paying the price. Is there anything China relies on the US for? Wheat?
I honestly don't think that there's any way out of this unless we bring manufacturing of consumer goods back to the United States, which I don't feel that we'll do. I feel that we'e stuck.

Here in Houston, the Trump Administration closed down the Chinese Embassy for suspected espionage/spying activities, so tensions are really high right now. I honestly don't know how everything is going to play out.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-25-2020, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I honestly don't think that there's any way out of this unless we bring manufacturing of consumer goods back to the United States, which I don't feel that we'll do. I feel that we'e stuck.

Here in Houston, the Trump Administration closed down the Chinese Embassy for suspected espionage/spying activities, so tensions are really high right now. I honestly don't know how everything is going to play out.
I heard about the Houston situation.

It feels paralyzing not seeing an obvious way out.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 07-26-2020, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's sadly true for you guys
Old 07-26-2020, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
South China Sea dispute: Australia says Beijing's claims have no legal basis

Good for your Australia, Sam. Hope more will join in and stand ground, not taking crap from China.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I find it funny that so many were scared of terrorism in the Middle East and North Korea. Not saying these aren't concerns but with some people they took it to the paranoia extreme. I never did. Maybe intuitively knew something. The real threat has always been China for multiple reasons. They have the money, power and control too so it's going take the collective to break down this dirty country and its leaders.
That is good news, hopefully we continue to follow through on it
Old 07-26-2020, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That's sadly true for you guys
That being said:

1. US is a major tourist and business destination.

2. Endless people from both Europe, China and throughout the world carried the virus over here in March (and even earlier). The borders were open for far too long. However, the damage was done.

3. But the US cannot help how many people flocked to this country from around the world and carried the virus with them.

4. That's why NYC and California were bombarded, foreign travel for business and pleasure.

5. So we've had tons more to deal with then a New Zealand.

6. The problem is HOW some chose to deal with it.

7. Democrat states relied on science, took it seriously.

8. Republican states FAILED since it was money over life. Kind of ironic since Republicans claim to be pro-life...

9. California is the exception. Just sooooooo many people, beach goers being stupid plus the on top of each other protests have put them in a hotspot.

10. We do not have a competent president. He cares about himself, money and golf over anything else.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

As for the Portland and NYC situation... Force needs to happen to achieve order and calm.

But again, I go back to why weapons are so easily available. What political party supports all these weapons?

So let's get weapons in there to use force and then what? How does it stop the REAL problem? A problem Republicans don't think is a problem... the availability of these weapons! They caused this as well.

#facts
Old 07-26-2020, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love Four Seasons.

This is where I live and specifically, where I work. LOL.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Frightening Image.

Old 07-26-2020, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
As for the Portland and NYC situation... Force needs to happen to achieve order and calm.

But again, I go back to why weapons are so easily available. What political party supports all these weapons?

So let's get weapons in there to use force and then what? How does it stop the REAL problem? A problem Republicans don't think is a problem... the availability of these weapons! They caused this as well.

#facts
Availabilty of weapons or not...right now these anarchy groups have tons of weapons and they are terrorizing our cities. Yes...force is needed, but policemen's hands are tied because the mayors are just letting violence play out and many of our media are not even reporting it.

I AM SO SICK OF THE POLITICS. WE NEED TO BE UNITED AND SAFEGUARD OUR COUNTRY.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Frightening Image.

That was the first night of hell. Awful. I'm so thankful it was taken care of very quickly but hell yes a lot of damage was done.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Availabilty of weapons or not...right now these anarchy groups have tons of weapons and they are terrorizing our cities. Yes...force is needed, but policemen's hands are tied because the mayors are just letting violence play out and many of our media are not even reporting it.

I AM SO SICK OF THE POLITICS. WE NEED TO BE UNITED AND SAFEGUARD OUR COUNTRY.

That's the problem though. Politics will never be removed. And I am sorry, the Republicans have failed this pandemic and they fail when it comes to weapons in this country too. Two very significant things.

Democrats are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. But at least they rely on science during this pandemic and if we would've followed the democratic approach as a whole we would be like Europe right now. You would be with your family in the Netherlands right now!

Regarding weapons... You cannot create such anarchy and destruction in Minneapolis, Portland, New York City if you don't have these weapons!

So much has to change.

So use force, create the balance and get rid of the dangerous situations right now. I'm all for it! But after this, so much has to change.

The question is… Will it change?
Old 07-26-2020, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's the problem though. Politics will never be removed. And I am sorry, the Republicans have failed this pandemic and they fail when it comes to weapons in this country too. Two very significant things.

Democrats are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. But at least they rely on science during this pandemic and if we would've followed the democratic approach as a whole we would be like Europe right now. You would be with your family in the Netherlands right now!

Regarding weapons... You cannot create such anarchy and destruction in Minneapolis, Portland, New York City if you don't have these weapons!

So much has to change.

So use force, create the balance and get rid of the dangerous situations right now. I'm all for it! But after this, so much has to change.

The question is… Will it change?
Agree! We need to deal with our arms problem...mixed messages in dealing with Covid....all the above!!

Right now, though, we all have to be on the same page regarding violence in our cities. I don't see that happening.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Agree! We need to deal with our arms problem...mixed messages in dealing with Covid....all the above!!

Right now, though, we all have to be on the same page regarding violence in our cities. I don't see that happening.
I know.

This is where the president demands unity and takes care of the situation. It's not going to happen with Trump. He doesn't even have complete support within his own party. Canada's leader was a true leader. Even the Canadians that don't prefer him politically followed him because he took charge and made sure everyone was united.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I know.

This is where the president demands unity and takes care of the situation. It's not going to happen with Trump. He doesn't even have complete support within his own party. Canada's leader was a true leader. Even the Canadians that don't prefer him politically followed him because he took charge and made sure everyone was united.
Trump wants to send in federal forces to stop the violence, but the cities' mayors won't allow it. I don't know what the correct solution is, but just letting it happen and wringing our hands isn't it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread