Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2020, 05:29 PM
  #61
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 430,960
Love it, thanks
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 05:33 PM
  #62
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 197,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
The main reason that Trump is pushing to get everyone back working prematurely is that he's afraid if the economy tanks, he won't be reelected. Trump's main bragging point up until now is that the economy was booming under him (and that's debatable) but now with record unemployment and no end in sight for a while, the outcome of the election could change, but like you said, it probably won't. One thing different too is that Trumps is basically forced to do this daily press conferences, and people can really see what a blubbering idiot he is, so that could affect some peoples' view of him.
This makes so much sense. He’s a narcissist but a tiny part of him has to know he’s being exposed during these press conferences. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. It makes so much sense he’s scared of the economy so that’s why he wants everyone back to work (all about him as usual). But he looks stupid once again since it’s now reported the US has the most coronavirus cases in the world. Thus, no one is going back to work in April. Nice try, Trump.

Regarding the coronavirus cases in the US... thankfully the US death rate is still very low compared to other parts of the world. Also, we are one of the most populated counties in the world so of course we’ll have many cases.

That said, I’m still doubting the numbers. China didn’t even report this virus until it killed how many and spread everywhere? They are responsible for the spread and deaths. They are secretive and dirty. If they didn’t even want to report this virus in order to save humans across the world from dying, there’s no way they can be trusted to report exact statistical numbers of their own coronavirus cases. Guaranteed, the number of cases and deaths in China are much larger than they are even reporting. They are not to be trusted so we have no idea what their numbers truly are.
Auror is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 05:36 PM
  #63
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 197,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That's true, but now everyone gets to see it on a daily basis.

This is so hilarious and dead on:

https://digg.com/2020/trump-impression-coronavirus
So accurate.
Auror is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 06:53 PM
  #64
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 98,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
This makes so much sense. He’s a narcissist but a tiny part of him has to know he’s being exposed during these press conferences. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. It makes so much sense he’s scared of the economy so that’s why he wants everyone back to work (all about him as usual). But he looks stupid once again since it’s now reported the US has the most coronavirus cases in the world. Thus, no one is going back to work in April. Nice try, Trump.
Trump usually speaks at rallies to the supporters that blindly follow him, or to sycophants on his staff (and before that, sycophants that worked for him) so he isn't comfortable speaking to reporters, who he openly despises and who don't blindly swallow the nonsense he doles out (unless they're from Fox News, and even some Fox News people have had enough of his B.S.) so he's out of his element in these daily press conferences and clearly uncomfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Regarding the coronavirus cases in the US... thankfully the US death rate is still very low compared to other parts of the world. Also, we are one of the most populated counties in the world so of course we’ll have many cases.
That's very true, but I find all this very scary and disconcerting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
That said, I’m still doubting the numbers. China didn’t even report this virus until it killed how many and spread everywhere? They are responsible for the spread and deaths. They are secretive and dirty. If they didn’t even want to report this virus in order to save humans across the world from dying, there’s no way they can be trusted to report exact statistical numbers of their own coronavirus cases. Guaranteed, the number of cases and deaths in China are much larger than they are even reporting. They are not to be trusted so we have no idea what their numbers truly are.
Oh absolutely. Both China and Russia are secretive and dirty countries who hide the truth from the world and from their own people.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 07:17 PM
  #65
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 197,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Trump usually speaks at rallies to the supporters that blindly follow him, or to sycophants on his staff (and before that, sycophants that worked for him) so he isn't comfortable speaking to reporters, who he openly despises and who don't blindly swallow the nonsense he doles out (unless they're from Fox News, and even some Fox News people have had enough of his B.S.) so he's out of his element in these daily press conferences and clearly uncomfortable.
100%. He feels uncomfortable and he knows we can see it.

I actually have a theory that he doesn’t even want to be President of the United States. He doesn’t even like the job. But at this point he wants to win reelection because of his ego and narcissism. It is not about truly wanting this job. Matter of fact, he can’t wait to get back to New York and do his own thing. I don’t think he wants the job but he would never, in his mind, allow the people who hate him to win.

Quote:
That's very true, but I find all this very scary and disconcerting.
I think once we start seeing the numbers slow down a bit it will be such a relief. This will not last forever. We know this but we’re waiting for proof. Unfortunately, we are presently in the eye of the storm so to speak. We just have to get through this rough spot and then we’ll start seeing proof that things are getting better.

Quote:
Oh absolutely. Both China and Russia are secretive and dirty countries who hide the truth from the world and from their own people.
Absolutely. So true about Russia as well. China and Russia are twins in this way.
Auror is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 07:22 PM
  #66
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 430,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
So accurate.
Big time
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 08:09 PM
  #67
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 98,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
100%. He feels uncomfortable and he knows we can see it.

I actually have a theory that he doesn’t even want to be President of the United States. He doesn’t even like the job. But at this point he wants to win reelection because of his ego and narcissism. It is not about truly wanting this job. Matter of fact, he can’t wait to get back to New York and do his own thing. I don’t think he wants the job but he would never, in his mind, allow the people who hate him to win.
That wouldn't surprise me. His ego and his narcissism know no bounds so it makes perfect sense that he would want to be reelected to justify his overly inflated opinion about himself. I once read that he entered the Presidential race in 2016 as a lark and no one expected him to get past the first primary let alone get nominated and elected, but he tapped into a core of resentment, racism and misogyny that had built up, and he was able to get elected. I also feel that Hillary Clinton was a polarizing candidate whose flinty personality and reputation for shady dealings allowed Trump sow seeds of doubt about her in some key states that cost her the election, because although she won the popular vote, she still lost in the Electoral College.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I think once we start seeing the numbers slow down a bit it will be such a relief. This will not last forever. We know this but we’re waiting for proof. Unfortunately, we are presently in the eye of the storm so to speak. We just have to get through this rough spot and then we’ll start seeing proof that things are getting better.
I really hope that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Absolutely. So true about Russia as well. China and Russia are twins in this way.
Yes they are. I had hope for Russia once the Soviet Union collapsed, but under Boris Yeltsin, we're back in the Cold War.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 12:39 AM
  #68
Fan Forum Hero

 
break the window's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 95,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
100%. He feels uncomfortable and he knows we can see it.

I actually have a theory that he doesn’t even want to be President of the United States. He doesn’t even like the job. But at this point he wants to win reelection because of his ego and narcissism. It is not about truly wanting this job. Matter of fact, he can’t wait to get back to New York and do his own thing. I don’t think he wants the job but he would never, in his mind, allow the people who hate him to win.
Another reason why I don't like him. Hell, I voted for the jackass thinking he could do a better job. I don't care how he's handling this COVID-19 thing. He could be coming in like Superman saving the day. One good outcome doesn't erase 4 years of his relationship with Twitter.
__________________
I Love You
I Want To Spend The Rest of My Life With You
Trace & Abby
patricia
break the window is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 03:30 AM
  #69
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 430,960
No it doesn't
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 05:24 AM
  #70
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 197,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That wouldn't surprise me. His ego and his narcissism know no bounds so it makes perfect sense that he would want to be reelected to justify his overly inflated opinion about himself. I once read that he entered the Presidential race in 2016 as a lark and no one expected him to get past the first primary let alone get nominated and elected, but he tapped into a core of resentment, racism and misogyny that had built up, and he was able to get elected. I also feel that Hillary Clinton was a polarizing candidate whose flinty personality and reputation for shady dealings allowed Trump sow seeds of doubt about her in some key states that cost her the election, because although she won the popular vote, she still lost in the Electoral College.
Yes, he never expected to succeed. It then became a game he simply had to win. It is my opinion that erasing Hillary's shady dealings... she would have done a much better job than the current president (as well as former President Obama).

Quote:
I really hope that's the case.
Hope and avoiding the media scare tactics is really the best recipe at the moment.

Quote:
Yes they are. I had hope for Russia once the Soviet Union collapsed, but under Boris Yeltsin, we're back in the Cold War.
This is unfortunately true.

Russia and China simply cannot be trusted. They don't even try to make you think you can trust them either. They don't care what you think. They are really no better than North Korea in this way.
Auror is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 05:27 AM
  #71
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 197,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
Another reason why I don't like him. Hell, I voted for the jackass thinking he could do a better job. I don't care how he's handling this COVID-19 thing. He could be coming in like Superman saving the day. One good outcome doesn't erase 4 years of his relationship with Twitter.
Amen.

What he says on Twitter... I have no words. He reveals his true colors daily.
Auror is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 06:02 AM
  #72
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 98,203
I don't have Twitter and I never read what Trump says on Twitter. He's an arrogant, irresponsible idiot.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 06:33 AM
  #73
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 98,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Yes, he never expected to succeed. It then became a game he simply had to win. It is my opinion that erasing Hillary's shady dealings... she would have done a much better job than the current president (as well as former President Obama).
I didn't, and don't, like Hillary Clinton, but I agree that she would have done a better job than Trump. She spent a lifetime in politics (although she was only elected to one political office herself as a U.S. Senator) so she would have been better equipped to deal with the office of President of the United States than Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Hope and avoiding the media scare tactics is really the best recipe at the moment.
I completely agree. I really need a haircut for example, but I don't want to go until this crisis has passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
This is unfortunately true.

Russia and China simply cannot be trusted. They don't even try to make you think you can trust them either. They don't care what you think. They are really no better than North Korea in this way.
Absolutely. One thing I don't like about this country is how we'll turn the other way when it comes to repressive regimes like China and Saudi Arabia for economic reasons. One thing I saw years ago in something called "25 Rules for being a Good Republican" said: You have to believe that trade with Cuba is wrong because it is communist, but trading with China and Vietnam is just dandy.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 08:28 AM
  #74
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 197,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I didn't, and don't, like Hillary Clinton, but I agree that she would have done a better job than Trump. She spent a lifetime in politics (although she was only elected to one political office herself as a U.S. Senator) so she would have been better equipped to deal with the office of President of the United States than Trump.

I completely agree. I really need a haircut for example, but I don't want to go until this crisis has passed.
I need a haircut as well. I needed a haircut a couple months ago. LOL. My hair is the longest it has even been (even if I typically have medium length hair). Right now it's in the long hair category. I am looking into cutting my own hair. My sister actually cuts her own even if she still gets it done professionally. She will trim her hair. So either I'm going to have my sister cut mine or I'll do it myself. I already bought professional scissors. Now it's a matter of having enough nerve to go there on my own.
Auror is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 08:35 AM
  #75
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 197,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry
Absolutely. One thing I don't like about this country is how we'll turn the other way when it comes to repressive regimes like China and Saudi Arabia for economic reasons. One thing I saw years ago in something called "25 Rules for being a Good Republican" said: You have to believe that trade with Cuba is wrong because it is communist, but trading with China and Vietnam is just dandy.
Doesn't make sense, does it?

Okay, a past board member and friend (you know who she is) just told me something interesting about China... she's brilliant so of course she brings this up:

Has anyone read about the 33 year old Chinese doctor that died of the virus? Like she said, it is a fishy story. The guy was an ophthalmologist and the first whistle blower on the coronavirus in December. China government reprimanded him for spreading panic in early January (3rd/4th). He got sick around January 8th, was admitted to the hospital and on January 31st (that much later!) he got diagnosed with coronavirus. He died beginning of February from the virus.

Talk about weird and... possibly deliberate.

First, he was the first whistle blower of the virus and was not even a family doctor or internist, he was an eye doctor. Second, he had been sick for more than 20 days before being diagnosed with corona. Then he was 33 years old (that young!) with no preexisting conditions (he was healthy). Thus, it was rare and weird for him to die from the virus just a few days after the diagnosis.

Like K said... something is not right here.

She is bang on.

We can fill in the blanks as to what truly happened to this poor guy...
__________________

Last edited by Auror; 03-27-2020 at 08:55 AM
Auror is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Emily VanCamp, Chris Pratt Universe, Emily VanCamp Brasil, Chris Pratt Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:48 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020.

Copyright © 1998-2020, Fan Forum.


TEST