Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2020, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I am presently watching Governor Cuomo's news conference update. (Because of where i live I get to hear his update, my governor's update, and Connecticut's update..we're all connected). Cuomo is So impressive. I wish he would run for president. He's just not interested.
Maybe in the future. You never know.

My sister loves him and his brother.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:53 AM
Administrator

This article is a little long, but it's so dead on:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ilures/609532/

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-09-2020, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Maybe in the future. You never know.

My sister loves him and his brother.
They are adorable together. The governor has been guesting on Chris's nightly show. Such sweet brother/brother repartee. My daughter Nadine listens to CNN in the Netherlands and commented to me how much they remind her of the relationship between her brothers Chris and Joe. So cute they way they "bust" each other.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They are adorable together. The governor has been guesting on Chris's nightly show. Such sweet brother/brother repartee. My daughter Nadine listens to CNN in the Netherlands and commented to me how much they remind her of the relationship between her brothers Chris and Joe. So cute they way they "bust" each other.
Awe, that’s so sweet.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
This article is a little long, but it's so dead on:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ilures/609532/
Thanks for this! I’m going to read when I have a longer work break around lunch time.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Shu, what is the approval rating for Justin Trudeau? Is he more or less love or hate? I was on a hockey site and endless Canadians were ripping him apart. They loathe him. So I was curious what his approval rating would be and why there is some strong hatred for him? Some were saying he bullies women and is a flat out racist? Exaggeration or true?
He is hated in the prairies. He made mistakes but most Canadians prefer him to these other morons. His CoVid reaction has increased his popularity which is making right wingers mad. I would say he has about a 52% approval rating.

He isn’t racist. Has never bullied women. He is pro immigrant and the racists hate that.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
He is hated in the prairies. He made mistakes but most Canadians prefer him to these other morons. His CoVid reaction has increased his popularity which is making right wingers mad. I would say he has about a 52% approval rating.

He isn’t racist. Has never bullied women. He is pro immigrant and the racists hate that.
Got it. Someone was talking about as a young man he had dressed in blackface and brownface and that he was accused of bullying his own female attorney general. I wasn’t sure what they were talking about.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Got it. Someone was talking about as a young man he had dressed in blackface and brownface and that he was accused of bullying his own female attorney general. I wasn’t sure what they were talking about.
There was a scandal that involved the attorney general. Apparently his underlines pushed for her to take it easy on a company and people thought he was behind it. He may have been but she was also close to someone he beat for the leadership. The blackface dud thing happened but he also admitted it was wrong. Def not perfect but the alternative would mean throwing immmigrants out of the country and increasing racism. So it backfired on the conservatives
Old 04-09-2020, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
There was a scandal that involved the attorney general. Apparently his underlines pushed for her to take it easy on a company and people thought he was behind it. He may have been but she was also close to someone he beat for the leadership. The blackface dud thing happened but he also admitted it was wrong. Def not perfect but the alternative would mean throwing immmigrants out of the country and increasing racism. So it backfired on the conservatives
Got it. How long has he been in office?
Old 04-09-2020, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Got it. How long has he been in office?
He just started his second term so five years.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He just started his second term so five years.
Is this his last or how many terms can they have?

I really have to read up on Canadian politics more, and the structure of the government. I've always wanted to. I am going to read up.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Just dumb:

Sweden's Relaxed Approach to the Coronavirus Could Already Be Backfiring
Old 04-09-2020, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is why I hope we don't relax too soon.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This is why I hope we don't relax too soon.
100% agree.

I just can’t believe Sweden has done nothing. I remember reading years ago how smart Sweden was, especially in education, advanced in Europe. So why would they pull stupid with this? United Kingdom and the Netherlands were trying to do this initially too. At least they switched game plans. This could be why the UKs death rate % is high since they’re playing catch up.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
100% agree.

I just can’t believe Sweden has done nothing. I remember reading years ago how smart Sweden was, especially in education, advanced in Europe. So why would they pull stupid with this? United Kingdom and the Netherlands were trying to do this initially too. At least they switched game plans.
Yes, thank God the Netherlands totally switched game plans.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread