Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2018, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Everwood Melting Pot (OT3) #31: Cultural Exchange

EVERWOOD

This thread is for discussing different cultures and customs around the world.
Current events are welcome.
Politics related discussions are allowed.

As moderators we enjoy the atmosphere and environment and would like it to remain peaceful. We know that sometimes in the heat of the moment there's a temptation to cross the line so we would kindly ask you to follow the rules below:

1. Discuss opinions and ideas. Do not bash people.
2. Respect the opinions of fellow posters.
3. Attack ideas. Do not attack people.
4. Accept that someone having a different opinion does not mean that they hate or dislike you. They just disagree with you.
5. If you feel that someone shows any disrespect towards you, please do not engage in arguments. Contact us and we will handle it.
6. Most important of all... we need to be open-minded and show respect for our fellow posters.

We thank you for reading and hope that you will have fun posting here!
Old 06-10-2018, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Yeah. Not that this excuses her behavior, but her whole family is weird.
Absolutely. She's certainly not as smart as Einstein like she believes she is but apparently she has a fairly high IQ. The fact that she dropped out of high school says something. Apparently not including the semester before she dropped out, she was getting really good grades too. Obviously something in her environment triggered her need to start messing up her life. It's also strange that her parents never attempted to intervene so she wouldn't drop out. It seems they didn't even make an attempt. Why? How could her parents just give up and be okay with her moving out, moving in with some guy and not try to make things right? I don't care if age 18 made her an adult. They couldn't legally control the situation but they were still her parents. They could have tried to work things out before she went down a wrong path.

Quote:
I think that the religion was his savior from the abuse he endured as a child. I think that he was weak when it comes to his mind. He needed something to hold on and he found it in religion. The fact that he was making fun of other Christians only proves this even further. He had idolized the Mormon faith in his mind. It was the best thing that ever happened to him. The thing that saved him. He had however issues following the faith and he most probably had huge internal conflict which is why he needed to remind himself so much that the Mormon faith is the answer to his issues.
Completely agree. Religion and his Grandmother's influence "saved him" essentially.

Quote:
He had perverted mind and he definitely was aroused by thinking rather disgusting stuff but that's not always a proof that he would do it. Some people love to fantasize about stuff like that but they don't do them. There are people and people. Some people are a lot more sexually active and have quite wild imagination when it comes to stuff like that. Was he over the top with Jodi? He was. Is that a crime? No. And he was not like with that other women which tells me that part of this was Jodi encouraging him to go there and basically exploiting this side of him.

And some of the things he told to her was a reaction to things she had done to him. I am not saying that he is perfect, but I also don't think that we could now judge him based on what is shown because we had not heard his part of the story. Truth be told his friends loved him. Based on the videos I have seen of him I do sense his good energy. I am not saying that he was not arrogant, but I am not sensing bad vibe of him. I am sensing good person that wanted to help people and treat them nicely as long as they do not cross any boundaries.
According to Lisa, he did want to talk about sex a lot and he was always attempting to cross some lines. He did this with other women too and there's proof via text and emails. The Hughes were aware of this side of Travis and they didn't like it. He enjoyed women falling for him but he had zero intention of following through with any sort of serious commitment. He also cheated on Lisa not once but twice (well more than twice but I mean twice when they became official) with Jodi. So he certainly was not squeaky clean and I'm not sure it was just Jodi's influence because he tested boundaries with other women as well. However, Jodi brought out this part of Travis for sure. She was like his fantasy in real life. His fantasy thoughts he could play out with her and he knew he couldn't go there with anyone else truly even if he pushed buttons trying to see how far he could go with other women as well.

But yes, Travis and Jodi were like oil and water... a moth to a lame. Toxic.

Travis did and does have Light Energy. Absolutely. He was human, he was flawed like all of us. He just made the mistake to getting tangled with a sociopathic witch in Arias.

Quote:
For some reason this was not meant to be. It is sad because he had a tragic childhood, he managed to pull himself away from it and then Jodi put an end to this. Jodi used his weakness. I am sure that deep down Travis did have a bit of this victim mentality. Victims of abuse quite often carry around this with them. She used this for sure.
It just wasn't meant to be for sure. He was meant to pass on when he did and unfortunately how he did. I wonder how his family is doing. I hope they are okay. His brother especially seemed to broken.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread, Michelle!!
Old 06-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You’re welcome!
Old 06-10-2018, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread
Old 06-10-2018, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You’re welcome!
Old 06-10-2018, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 06-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Do you have any trips planned in the near future?
Old 06-10-2018, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not at the moment, don't have the money for it lol
Old 06-10-2018, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah. LOL

What countries in Europe have you been to? I know Ireland, France and I think, Spain? Any others?
Old 06-10-2018, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That it's so far
Old 06-10-2018, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Got it.

What about states in the US?
Old 06-10-2018, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

California, Nevada and New York
Old 06-10-2018, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Favorite place out of the three?
Old 06-10-2018, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Absolutely. She's certainly not as smart as Einstein like she believes she is but apparently she has a fairly high IQ. The fact that she dropped out of high school says something. Apparently not including the semester before she dropped out, she was getting really good grades too. Obviously something in her environment triggered her need to start messing up her life. It's also strange that her parents never attempted to intervene so she wouldn't drop out. It seems they didn't even make an attempt. Why? How could her parents just give up and be okay with her moving out, moving in with some guy and not try to make things right? I don't care if age 18 made her an adult. They couldn't legally control the situation but they were still her parents. They could have tried to work things out before she went down a wrong path.
I agree with you that it's strange how uninterested her parents were. My parents would have never let me drop out of high school no matter if I had 18 or not. They would have tried everything possible to make me graduate. It seems that she was not super close with her parents as she lived with her grandparents.

Quote:
Completely agree. Religion and his Grandmother's influence "saved him" essentially.
Any idea when how old was he when he turned into religion?

Quote:
According to Lisa, he did want to talk about sex a lot and he was always attempting to cross some lines. He did this with other women too and there's proof via text and emails. The Hughes were aware of this side of Travis and they didn't like it. He enjoyed women falling for him but he had zero intention of following through with any sort of serious commitment. He also cheated on Lisa not once but twice (well more than twice but I mean twice when they became official) with Jodi. So he certainly was not squeaky clean and I'm not sure it was just Jodi's influence because he tested boundaries with other women as well. However, Jodi brought out this part of Travis for sure. She was like his fantasy in real life. His fantasy thoughts he could play out with her and he knew he couldn't go there with anyone else truly even if he pushed buttons trying to see how far he could go with other women as well.
I kind of blame a bit religion for this though. When you are taught that sex is this bad thing and you are told times and times that you should avoid it and then you try it, you could get addicted to it. It's like the forbidden thing that everyone wants to try. There are numerous stories about catholic school girls that waited to graduate and turn to sex so much that it was not healthy. I kind of feel the same happened with Travis and honestly it happens with a lot of others. Nowadays celibacy is not an easy thing in our society.

Also most probably this celibacy thing was in conflict with his Fire energy. Do not get me wrong. I do believe that he was sexual. I do believe that he enjoyed sex and he kind of wanted it. However I also believe that the more he suppressed it because of religion, the worse his obsession over sex became. Before Jodi he was surrounded by Mormon women so it was easier for him to control himself. Jodi opened another world for him. A world he was not ready to leave. This is why he never declined her offers for sex. He knew that she was not for him, but he was not ready to let go of this woman that was willing to do things with him that his Mormon women did not want. And this is why he wanted to get married so much in the end. He wanted sex. He did not want Jodi. He needed a wife to be able to have sex without feeling in sin.

And ultimately this is why I am against religion when the things are represented as so black and white. No one should follow a doctrine if they do not believe in it. Travis was not ready to be Mormon and he should have let it like that. Sometimes I feel like if he had realized sooner that the Mormon life is not for him, he would have had far better control over his sexual urges because he would not need to hide. And Jodi would not have used this against him making him feeling bad for committing a sin.

Quote:
But yes, Travis and Jodi were like oil and water... a moth to a lame. Toxic.
They were toxic together. Most probably Travis brought out the worst in Jodi and vice versa.

Quote:
Travis did and does have Light Energy. Absolutely. He was human, he was flawed like all of us. He just made the mistake to getting tangled with a sociopathic witch in Arias.
That's the bottom line. As flawed as he was, he did not deserve what happened to him.

Quote:
It just wasn't meant to be for sure. He was meant to pass on when he did and unfortunately how he did. I wonder how his family is doing. I hope they are okay. His brother especially seemed to broken.
I hope that they are OK too. I don't think that they will ever get over this. They never got closure. This will haunt them for the rest of their lives. I only hope that they will be able to have healthy families despite all of this.