Fan Forum Hero

Enjoy some lasting images of the campaign:

Optimum Online - Sign In
Old 11-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Sweet.

I can hardly believe it's all going to be over come tomorrow.

Well I should bite my tongue since anything could happen!

Think 2000. Yeah I shouldn't even bring this up.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Awe I just heard Obama's grandmother died.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh man, 2000 when Bush stole the election illegally, yes bite that cute tongue of yours, Michelle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Yeah. That sucks. Too bad she couldn't have lived to have seen him win. Awe.

Michelle, that Obama/Rachel M interview was mint. Wow, I loved every minute of it.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Yes, he said that she died peacefully after a bout with cancer. Too bad she'll never know if/when he wins the election.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Yes, he said that she died peacefully after a bout with cancer. Too bad she'll never know if/when he wins the election.
Awe. So it was cancer. I thought as much considering it appeared terminal as she seemed to be in the active stages of dying, especially since he went to her side last week for a couple days. Thankfully he took that time off on the campaign trail to have that special time with her. That's so great he did that. That was their last time together. Awe. She meant everything to him. How sad. In a way and I don't mean to sound too philosophical but there could be bigger meaning to the timing of her death. Almost like a death/rebirth thing. She is leaving him on this earth in good hands and tomorrow, more than likely, he will become the President of the United States, and her time of "prepping him" for this very moment is over now. She could die peacefully and watch him from above.

Yeah, that's deep but I went with it. LOL.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-03-2008 at 04:02 PM
Old 11-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

That's spectacular and awesomely deep Michelle. Love it.

I can't wait to vote tomorrow! Going at 9 AM on the dot!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

LOL. Pretty insane coincidence but that is the exact time I'm going, too. Exactly at 9, though I guess given driving time, it will take me 12 minutes from where I'll be so ok, I'll be at the voting place at 9:12 AM. LOL.

Obama was speaking in NC and started to cry over his Grandmother. How moving. Awe.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-03-2008 at 05:13 PM
Old 11-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

That's cool about us going at the same time.

Yes, I saw the Obama speech. So moving. You know what I noticed? I flipped it to conservative, horrific, FOX news and guess what they had on? NOT the Obama speech, instead, they had on their conservative line up of Brit Hume and a bunch of other conservatives dorks trying to figure out a way for McCain to pull off an upset.

I thought it was tacky they didn't cover the Obama speech but that's FOX news for you. MSNBC might be more liberally slanted (although NOT nearly as slanted to the left as FOX is to the right) but they always cover McCain's speeches. They are not biased in this way, only with certain talk show hosts whereas FOX is so obvious in this conservative bias. Makes me sick.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Bring out the pepto, makes me nauseous, too.

FOX is known for these antics. Happens all the time and they claim they're fair and balanced. Yeah, right. Next. Not in the least. I always check to see if FOX is covering something appropriate and more times than not, if it's democratic in nature, they will find a way to head to a commercial or cover something else. But if something conservative is needed to be aired, oh man, the world stops, they will break in and cover 100% of it. I don't understand how they get away with this, to be honest. Oh they can do what they want but don't pretend you are in the middle, you are so far to the right and unbalanced you're falling off a fricken cliff.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow. Whoo. Exciting. I'll definitely be watching tomorrow. I know I say this about the Emmys, the Oscars, other nerdy stuff, but this is another of my Superbowls, heh. American election coverage, oh yeah, I'll be glued to the TV.

I assume you guys are voting Libertarian?

Should be an interesting day. Hopefully a historic one too!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 11-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Michelle, you cannot possibly realize how funny you are so let me remind you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
Bring out the pepto, makes me nauseous, too.
Quote:
FOX is known for these antics. Happens all the time and they claim they're fair and balanced. Yeah, right. Next.
Quote:
But if something conservative is needed to be aired, oh man, the world stops,
Quote:
Oh they can do what they want but don't pretend you are in the middle, you are so far to the right and unbalanced you're falling off a fricken cliff.
I cannot stop laughing over your comments, you are sooooo witty. I love it and thanks for bringing your wit back to us.

Also, *while still laughing* Tos I was wondering how Canada will cover the election tomorrow? Will your local channels cover it or only from to time they'll break in and say something about it? Of course you'll get your live info from CNN but I was wondering how Canada covers it as a whole.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just returned from voting. In case you're all wondering....this staunch Moderate voted for Obama. I really tried. I tried to find a reason to vote for McCain. He failed to impress me. His running mate (Palin) proceeded to depress me!

I hope that he wins and I hope all of you are correct in that he will bring about good changes and do great things for our country and the world.Let's face it....the President of the United States is pretty much a president of the whole world!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

Yay, go Betty! Just think, your vote may save the world from having to endure Sarah Palin in the White House! *shudders*

Quote:
Also, *while still laughing* Tos I was wondering how Canada will cover the election tomorrow? Will your local channels cover it or only from to time they'll break in and say something about it? Of course you'll get your live info from CNN but I was wondering how Canada covers it as a whole.
I think most will just break in and then have it as the top story on the news. We get all the broadcast networks--ABC, NBC, CBS--so I think they figure most people will watch it on American channels anyway, so they'll just show their usual stuff.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 11-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I just returned from voting. In case you're all wondering....this staunch Moderate voted for Obama. I really tried. I tried to find a reason to vote for McCain. He failed to impress me. His running mate (Palin) proceeded to depress me!

I hope that he wins and I hope all of you are correct in that he will bring about good changes and do great things for our country and the world.Let's face it....the President of the United States is pretty much a president of the whole world!
Betty, I officially love you.

That's so awesome! I was meaning to ask which way you were leaning. Glad you leaned left.

Also, you're so right about the President of the United States being the president of the whole world! That's absolutely true. Today, I bumped into a girl from Brussels and we talked because apparently I look too approachable and this girl just came up to me and asked if I voted. LOL. Anyway she said the interest in Europe is so huge, the love for Obama is enormous, and she even stated how this is the most powerful job in the world and having Obama in there is the right choice.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-04-2008 at 01:34 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread