Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2018, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I don’t want to start a fight. You guys have a right to your opinions even if what was said caused me great pain. This current discussion hits me in a way I am not sure you guys understand. It goes deeper than a simple disagreement or differing opinions.
It doesn't have to be a fight. We can discuss? Or not. It is your choice.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
It doesn't have to be a fight. We can discuss? Or not. It is your choice.
Frankly put I don’t believe in reverse racism. I believe black people can be bigots, but there is a power and privilege dynamic that exists with racism. I also think what Oprah was saying was in reference to an ideaology. It was more metaphorical than literal. I get that I am probably alone in this sentiment. I have just had many a nasty conversation on this subject and that was why I reacted the way I did.

Last edited by ds44; 03-11-2018 at 09:30 AM
Old 03-11-2018, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I don’t want to start a fight. You guys have a right to your opinions even if what was said caused me great pain. This current discussion hits me in a way I am not sure you guys understand. It goes deeper than a simple disagreement or differing opinions.
Obviously, we all come from different backgrounds and we have different experiences. We definitely weren't trying to cause you pain with our opinions and we're always very careful to post our opinions with consideration and respect of others. We've all known each other and posted with each other for a long time here so I would hate to see the relationships that we've built here end due to a difference in opinion.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-11-2018, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Obviously, we all come from different backgrounds and we have different experiences. We definitely weren't trying to cause you pain with our opinions and we're always very careful to post our opinions with consideration and respect of others. We've all known each other and posted with each other for a long time here so I would hate to see the relationships that we've built here end due to a difference in opinion.
Completely agree.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Which is why I reacted from an emotional place.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:21 PM
Administrator

On another topic, last night when my wife and I were at dinner, the TV was on, and it showed Trump speaking at a rally. Fortunately for us, the sound was off but it was closed captioned, and I would glance up every once in a while to see what this lunatic was saying and I would shake my head in disbelief.

Here's an article that features some of that speech:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/11/opini...Most+Recent%29

He's the textbook definition of a narcissist. Everything is me, me. me.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-11-2018, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Which is why I reacted from an emotional place.
Understood.

Old 03-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
On another topic, last night when my wife and I were at dinner, the TV was on, and it showed Trump speaking at a rally. Fortunately for us, the sound was off but it was closed captioned, and I would glance up every once in a while to see what this lunatic was saying and I would shake my head in disbelief.

Here's an article that features some of that speech:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/11/opini...Most+Recent%29

He's the textbook definition of a narcissist. Everything is me, me. me.
He is a flipping moron.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Textbook narcissist, indeed, and moron as well!!!!!

I cannot believe people voted for him. I still can’t get over it.
Old 03-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Textbook narcissist, indeed, and moron as well!!!!!

I cannot believe people voted for him. I still can’t get over it.
It still blows me away too. 2020 can't get here soon enough, but we'll still have two years and ten months of this lunatic, unless the Mueller Investigation leads to either his resignation or Impeachment.

One thing though, an Impeachment is essentially meaningless unless it leads to conviction in a Senate Trial. Two Presidents have been impeached: Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton, but neither one was convicted in their Senate Trials so they both finished out their terms. Andrew Johnson missed being convicted in his Senate Trial by one vote while Clinton didn't come close to being convicted in his Senate Trial. It's very difficult for a President to be convicted and removed from office in a Senate Trial.

Like Richard Nixon though, if Trump sees that he's going to be Impeached, he'll probably resign.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Like Richard Nixon though, if Trump sees that he's going to be Impeached, he'll probably resign.
You really think so? I'm not so sure. Trump is so full of himself that he would never believe he'd lose.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It still blows me away too. 2020 can't get here soon enough, but we'll still have two years and ten months of this lunatic, unless the Mueller Investigation leads to either his resignation or Impeachment.
I was watching the Minnesota Timberwolves versus Golden State Warriors on ABC. Right after the game concluded local news came on. Trump’s narcissistic mug was on the screen. I listened to 15 seconds before changing the channel. I just can’t listen to him without getting upset.

Quote:
One thing though, an Impeachment is essentially meaningless unless it leads to conviction in a Senate Trial. Two Presidents have been impeached: Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton, but neither one was convicted in their Senate Trials so they both finished out their terms. Andrew Johnson missed being convicted in his Senate Trial by one vote while Clinton didn't come close to being convicted in his Senate Trial. It's very difficult for a President to be convicted and removed from office in a Senate Trial.

I think resignation is most likely if he doesn’t finish it his term. But then we’re stuck with Pence should he resign.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I have a theory that Trump never wanted the presidency. He enjoyed all the fun, drama and strategy when campaigning but I don’t believe he ever stopped to consider if it’s what he truly wanted. I don’t think he ever reasonably thought he’d win. I don’t believe he enjoys the job either. I think he’s going to be relieved when he resigns, is impeached or finishes his four years so he can get back to NYC being a pain in the a$$ businessman which is what he’s always been.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-11-2018 at 04:02 PM
Old 03-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
You really think so? I'm not so sure. Trump is so full of himself that he would never believe he'd lose.
Yes, that's true Betty. Nixon was never the egomaniac that Trump is, plus Nixon knew when he resigned that his Impeachment and Conviction in a Senate Trial were a certainty, so he wanted to spare himself and the country that ordeal.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I have a theory that Trump never wanted the presidency. He enjoyed all the fun, drama and strategy when campaigning but I don’t believe he ever stopped to consider if it’s what he truly wanted. I don’t think he ever reasonably thought he’d win. I don’t believe he enjoys the job either. I think he’s going to be relieved when he resigns, is impeached or finishes his four years so he can get back to NYC being a pain in the a$$ businessman which is what he’s always been.
I think that you're right Michelle. I think he liked the attention he got during the primaries and it was almost like he was throwing out every misogynist, racist and generally offensive thing he could think of to see how far he could push the envelope before he would take things too far and eliminate himself from contention, but unbelievably, the more outrageous things he would say, his standing in the polls would go even higher, until he won the Republican nomination and then was elected President.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-11-2018 at 04:02 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread