Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2018, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
This is a terrific first step. Long road ahead but like I mentioned above, baby steps. It's a start. I believe the dominoes are starting to fall. It will continue. Those amazingly brave teens are being heard!
Old 02-20-2018, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
This is a terrific first step. Long road ahead but like I mentioned above, baby steps. It's a start. I believe the dominoes are starting to fall. It will continue. Those amazingly brave teens are being heard!
It's really great to see
Old 02-20-2018, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's what we needed. Children standing up and acting like leaders. Enough is enough. Yes!
Old 02-20-2018, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Wow! Excellent news. It’s definitely a start.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Wow! Excellent news. It’s definitely a start.
It really is
Old 02-21-2018, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

The Rev. Billy Graham, prominent Christian evangelist, dead at 99 | Fox News
Old 02-21-2018, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Thanks Alan. I just read that. I think he did this world a lot of good, and now he's with the God he served so well.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-21-2018, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks Alan. I just read that. I think he did this world a lot of good, and now he's with the God he served so well.
I agree. I know he's going to rest in peace.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I will never understand why people are so crazy about guns.
Guns are a fact of life where I live. Hunting is a popular recreation here, and it is not all that uncommon to see people with gun racks in their truck windows. People start hunting at 10-12 years old here, so it is a lifelong love for a lot of people. I also know a lot of people who collect guns. Like any other collector, those people have large collections. Without that knowledge, and knowing that person A own 50 guns, it would seem like they are a crazy person who is stockpiling weapons, when in fact they are a collector that owns a variety of guns.

I won't say that I'm crazy about guns, but I enjoy owning a gun, and I enjoy shooting targets. On a personal level, I am glad that I have a gun for personal safety. When I say this online, people always want to spout the old "if you don't feel safe, call the police" line at me. That doesn't work for me though. At this moment in time, I'm dealing with a family situation in which my sister's children were taken by DHS and placed with my other sister, and I was named co-guardian. In the course of the investigation of the case, it came out that my sister's ex had threatened to kill me in the presence of all three of my nieces and a couple of their friends. The last time we went through this, the ex drove back and forth in front of my house at all hours of the night, blasting music and yelling threats and obscenities or driving through my yard itself or around the driveway. In one of those instances, I called the sheriff's department at 7:00 pm to tell them that I felt threatened and in fear of my life, and they promised to send an officer to my home. At 2:00 am, that officer knocked on my door. So, for 6 hours, anything could've happened to me, and if I hadn't been armed, I would've been completely powerless to do anything. That's why I am pro gun.

That being said, I see no real reason for bump stocks or fully automatic weapons. I'll admit that they are fun to shoot, but no private citizen has any need for an automatic weapon.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Amazing man.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Guns are a fact of life where I live. Hunting is a popular recreation here, and it is not all that uncommon to see people with gun racks in their truck windows. People start hunting at 10-12 years old here, so it is a lifelong love for a lot of people. I also know a lot of people who collect guns. Like any other collector, those people have large collections. Without that knowledge, and knowing that person A own 50 guns, it would seem like they are a crazy person who is stockpiling weapons, when in fact they are a collector that owns a variety of guns.

I won't say that I'm crazy about guns, but I enjoy owning a gun, and I enjoy shooting targets. On a personal level, I am glad that I have a gun for personal safety. When I say this online, people always want to spout the old "if you don't feel safe, call the police" line at me. That doesn't work for me though. At this moment in time, I'm dealing with a family situation in which my sister's children were taken by DHS and placed with my other sister, and I was named co-guardian. In the course of the investigation of the case, it came out that my sister's ex had threatened to kill me in the presence of all three of my nieces and a couple of their friends. The last time we went through this, the ex drove back and forth in front of my house at all hours of the night, blasting music and yelling threats and obscenities or driving through my yard itself or around the driveway. In one of those instances, I called the sheriff's department at 7:00 pm to tell them that I felt threatened and in fear of my life, and they promised to send an officer to my home. At 2:00 am, that officer knocked on my door. So, for 6 hours, anything could've happened to me, and if I hadn't been armed, I would've been completely powerless to do anything. That's why I am pro gun.

That being said, I see no real reason for bump stocks or fully automatic weapons. I'll admit that they are fun to shoot, but no private citizen has any need for an automatic weapon.
Shame on those police officers (not doing their job!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for not protecting you and yours. It just burns me up.

American culture is vast... different... we are a melting pot. I don't think a lot of people internationally understand this. I believe they think it's all across the board... people in the east, south, west, midwest all act and behave the same without realizing the different cultures we have within our American culture. It's one of the very reasons why our country is so unique too.

So most certainly the gun control issue is complex.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Shame on those police officers (not doing their job!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for not protecting you and yours. It just burns me up.

American culture is vast... different... we are a melting pot. I don't think a lot of people internationally understand this. I believe they think it's all across the board... people in the east, south, west, midwest all act and behave the same without realizing the different cultures we have within our American culture. It's one of the very reasons why our country is so unique too.

So most certainly the gun control issue is complex.
To my knowledge, on most nights there are 2-3 deputies patrolling McCurtain County, which is 1902 square miles, so they are spread thin, but it doesn't take 6 hours to get to any part of the county to another part of the county.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
To my knowledge, on most nights there are 2-3 deputies patrolling McCurtain County, which is 1902 square miles, so they are spread thin, but it doesn't take 6 hours to get to any part of the county to another part of the county.
That is admittedly a ton of ground to cover. But yes, like you said, 6 hours? WTF, just no. Unacceptable.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This is where I believe most people are in agreement. Only people who should have those are our military or a swat team.

Regarding having a legally purchased hand gun for safety..that is a right. I personally don't feel comfortable with a gun, but know several people who have them and are trained to use them.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 02-21-2018 at 01:24 PM
Old 02-21-2018, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread