New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2018, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
There may be poisonous ones around, but I don't think so. I don't see them very often. Just that one summer when we killed 5 or 6 in our house, including the one that got me.

Also, it did hurt. Quite bit. Way worse than a wasp sting, but the pain didn't last as long.
Good that you rarely see them. I would assume Arizona has it way worse.

I heard that scorpion stings are awful.

Just looked this up on your state:

18 Photos of Wildlife In Oklahoma

Some pretty animals! Except for that snake.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Report: Olympics Cyberattack Had Russian ‘Characteristics’ in Malware
Old 02-12-2018, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
He probably figures he can take two weeks to act like a human being and then go back into psychopath-mode.
As bad as Kim Jon Un is, and yes, he's a murderous psychopath, Trump makes the situation infinitely worse by goading him with his tweets and statements. Trump should keep his mouth shut, but that would be like asking the sun not to rise in the morning.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-12-2018, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
As bad as Kim Jon Un is, and yes, he's a murderous psychopath, Trump makes the situation infinitely worse by goading him with his tweets and statements. Trump should keep his mouth shut, but that would be like asking the sun not to rise in the morning.
Yes, it is never happening.

It's a game... Narcissist versus Psychopath. You don't even need to have advanced degrees in Clinical Psychology to understand how unstable the situation is.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

It's a game... Narcissist versus Psychopath. You don't even need to have advanced degrees in Clinical Psychology to understand how unstable the situation is.
It's an game I don't enjoy watching lol.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
LOL I know, right? Incredible.
It really is.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

Not a good combination!
Old 02-13-2018, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This is interesting...Would Chloe Kim have made it as a South Korean?
Quote:

The teenager's name was the most searched on Naver, South Korea's largest portal, as many swelled with pride at her performance. Kim's parents are South Koreans who emigrated to the United States in 1982.

But some social media users in the country are keenly imagining alternative lives for the unstoppable 17-year-old Californian, asking could she have achieved gold if she'd been born in South Korea?

"If she grew up in South Korea, she would be stuck on the bus going to academics (hagwon) all day," one Naver used commented, referring to the country's culture of encouraging long hours of studying and suggesting she would not have had the opportunity to become an athlete.

"If you were born in my country, you would be doing extra study at this hour. Envy you American," another wrote.

"If she grew up in South Korea, she would just be a normal businesswoman," one user suggested, while another said "if she grew up in South Korea, she would be serving at a ski resort restaurant. Never become Korean. South Korea would bury your talent like a black-hole."

Others were sceptical of why fellow South Koreans were only interested in Kim now she's famous.

"Now they are trying to associate with these South Korean-Americans who they used to ignore. Why not just support them?" one wrote.

Another suggested that the outpouring of love was misguided: "Please don't say she is South Korean. She is part of the US national team."

But however dazzling Kim's charm, it could never win over absolutely everyone.

"Chloe will positively affect South Korea's reputation… But some are saying her fame is meaningless," one user wrote, adding "Do you really think winning a medal for South Korea is only thing that matters?"

There's always one.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
It's an game I don't enjoy watching lol.
Exactly. LOL
Old 02-13-2018, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Not a good combination!
Nope!
Old 02-13-2018, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
This is interesting...Would Chloe Kim have made it as a South Korean?
I actually appreciate how women are treated in South Korea overall. I love that they are businesswomen... I love that they study and become professionals. Awesome! Some countries still think women don't deserve college or a professional career but thankfully South Korea is not one of them.

That said, it's true she most probably never would have become the Olympian that she is had she grew up in South Korea. It's still a really cool story. I loved seeing her Grandmother who lives in South Korea cheering for her. What a beautiful moment.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just can't with the latest:

LaVar Ball says son Lonzo will leave Lakers if they don’t sign his two brothers

Is he crazy? Yes of course he is!

Does he actually believe all three of his sons have a shot at all making it to the NBA, let alone all playing for the Lakers? He says if not Lakers, then he's yanking Lonzo off the Lakers (will not resign) and all three will play for another NBA team willing to take all three. He is quick to say they don't even need paid because they already have millions. I can't believe he's saying these things. Lonzo, presently, hasn't played for around a dozen games due to a knee injury. The Lakers are on a big time run and have only lost 2 of those games! Lonzo has bigger things to worry about, such as why they are winning like crazy without him and if they're even going to want him playing regular minutes once he returns.

LaVar is never going to stop with the lunacy.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:

Does he actually believe all three of his sons have a shot at all making it to the NBA, let alone all playing for the Lakers? He says if not Lakers, then he's yanking Lonzo off the Lakers (will not resign) and all three will play for another NBA team willing to take all three. He is quick to say they don't even need paid because they already have millions. I can't believe he's saying these things. Lonzo, presently, hasn't played for around a dozen games due to a knee injury. The Lakers are on a big time run and have only lost 2 of those games! Lonzo has bigger things to worry about, such as why they are winning like crazy without him and if they're even going to want him playing regular minutes once he returns.

Unbelievable. He's messing up all of his sons' lives and careers because he's such an egomaniac.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-13-2018, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Unbelievable. He's messing up all of his sons' lives and careers because he's such an egomaniac.
Exactly.

What I'm wondering is how much more Magic Johnson is going to take. Apparently he talked to LaVar before drafting Lonzo and LaVar promised Magic if he took his son he would 100% stay out of it and not feed the media any garbage. He lied. He's been in the media complaining about Lonzo's minutes, then questioning the coach and his ability (saying Luke lost the team) and now this ridiculous BS about Lonzo refusing to extend a contract if the Lakers do not draft his brothers. It's out of control. Yes, the media is to blame for putting out the stories but the media is doing what the media does. I mostly blame the Lakers for drafting his son in the first place expecting LaVar to be on his best behavior. It was never happening. Lonzo is better off playing for a team like Utah... the media is not loud, the city is considered boring with nothing fantastic to do if you're an NBA star wanting to take advantage of the nightlife. Lonzo should play for a Utah where no one cares. The fact that it's LA and the Lakers on top of it all is the worst combination possible.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

How old is Lonzo? Isn't he an adult? He can't be yanked off any team by his daddy.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top