Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I definitely think that Trump made a huge mistake publicly declaring Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel. He fanned the flames in an area that's already a tinderbox and Israel will gain nothing from this declaration. I see it all as a purely political move to divert attention away from the current Russian investigations, and there's already been rioting in Jerusalem due to this incredibly volatile and divisive declaration. At the rate he's going, Trump will be getting us into World War III. God help this country.
Agreed! Trump thinks he's God! At this rate he will surely get us into war with North Korea and Palestine! This was most definitely a diversion move.

Quote:
Concerning Al Franken, he was definitely guilty and he did the right thing by resigning, but he did make a good point that there have also been allegations about Trump and nothing is being done.
Yes. We have a president who sexually takes advantage of woman and a guy running for the senate who is a child molester.

Quote:
This isn't LiAngelo, the one that got in trouble in China. This is LaMelo, the youngest brother, he's 16 right now and already being talked about for the pros.
I should pay more attention.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I should pay more attention.
They have similar names, lol.

Here's more of LaMelo Ball:

He has a better shot than Lonzo, his brother, who currently plays for the Lakers. Technically speaking, he could end up being way better than Lonzo once he gets to the NBA. He's young here! In high school but was already being recruited and looked at for not only Division 1, but the pro scouts know exactly who he is.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)

Also....how many of you believe that Donald Trump made a huge mistake publicly declaring Jerusalem the capital of Israel?
Honestly, I know zero about this. I couldn't tell you why this is good or bad. I'd have to research this situation to have any understanding. If you wanted to sum up the deal, that'd be great.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Right, LiAngelo has zero chance. He might be good enough to play somewhere in Europe but at the highest level in the NBA... nope. He just wasn't gifted with the right body type. He has actually the best shooting form out of all three brothers but he doesn't have what it takes to make it to the pros.

Yes, he's making a huge mistake not staying with UCLA.

LaVar loves his children, that much is obvious but you make a great point about him possibly wanting to live his life via his children. That might have a lot to do with it.
Yeah, that sucks for Angelo and he really should have stayed longer to get any shot at getting drafted. Some parents do that unfortunately
Old 12-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Pros in the NBA don't even attempt those shots unless there's little time left because it's a very low % shot yet LaMelo is literally pointing at the line showing where he's at before it even goes in because he knows it's going in, lol. Pretty incredible.
It really is
Old 12-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Honestly, I know zero about this. I couldn't tell you why this is good or bad. I'd have to research this situation to have any understanding. If you wanted to sum up the deal, that'd be great.
In a nutshell, three major religions, known as Abrahamic religions because they all consider Abraham, the founder of Judaism, to be their forefather, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, all claim Jerusalem as a Holy City. Jerusalem was originally founded by the Ancient Israelites, and it was the capital of the Ancient Kingdom of Judah. Solomon's Temple was built there and it was destroyed by the Babylonians from the country of Persia, which is now Iran, in 422 BC. A Second Temple was built on the site of Solomon's Temple by King Herod The Great, on top of a platform called the Temple Mount, but that Temple was destroyed by the Roman Empire in 70 AD and the Jewish people were thrown out of what is now Israel, and eventually a Moslem Mosque, The Dome of the Rock, was built on the Site of the Jewish Temple.

Throughout the centuries since then different people have lived in Israel and Jerusalem, including the people we now call the Palestinians, who are Arabs and Muslims, and when the State of Israel was created in 1947, Jerusalem was granted special status and was meant to be placed under international sovereignty and control. The special status was based on Jerusalem's religious importance to the three Abrahamic religions, but in the war between Israel and their neighboring Arab countries in 1948, Israel took control of the Western Half of Jerusalem and later in the 1967 War between Israel and Syria, Egypt and Jordan, Israel took control of the Eastern Half of Jerusalem. Since then, Israel has taken control of the entire city of Jerusalem, and in 1980 Israel passed the "Jerusalem Law", stating that "Jerusalem, complete and united, is the capital of Israel," but the International Community including the United States up until Trump's declaration felt that the Eastern Half of Jerusalem is occupied territory, and the Palestinians want to declare East Jerusalem as their capital, so that city is still in dispute to this very day.

Right now, Tel Aviv is the official capital of Israel, and the American Embassy is there, but Trump declared that Jerusalem is the true capital of Israel and he wants to move the American Embassy there. That decision has has stirred up a lot of ill will, and I feel that it was the wrong one to make and will cause nothing but problems in one of the most volatile and unstable areas of the world, the Middle East.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Jerry, for explaining this complicated issue in a very simplified clear manner.

What Trump did is being condemned by the UN and our allies. It can cause nothing but trouble. What an asinine move.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the explanation Jerry
Old 12-09-2017, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, that sucks for Angelo and he really should have stayed longer to get any shot at getting drafted. Some parents do that unfortunately
Definitely.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
In a nutshell, three major religions, known as Abrahamic religions because they all consider Abraham, the founder of Judaism, to be their forefather, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, all claim Jerusalem as a Holy City. Jerusalem was originally founded by the Ancient Israelites, and it was the capital of the Ancient Kingdom of Judah. Solomon's Temple was built there and it was destroyed by the Babylonians from the country of Persia, which is now Iran, in 422 BC. A Second Temple was built on the site of Solomon's Temple by King Herod The Great, on top of a platform called the Temple Mount, but that Temple was destroyed by the Roman Empire in 70 AD and the Jewish people were thrown out of what is now Israel, and eventually a Moslem Mosque, The Dome of the Rock, was built on the Site of the Jewish Temple.

Throughout the centuries since then different people have lived in Israel and Jerusalem, including the people we now call the Palestinians, who are Arabs and Muslims, and when the State of Israel was created in 1947, Jerusalem was granted special status and was meant to be placed under international sovereignty and control. The special status was based on Jerusalem's religious importance to the three Abrahamic religions, but in the war between Israel and their neighboring Arab countries in 1948, Israel took control of the Western Half of Jerusalem and later in the 1967 War between Israel and Syria, Egypt and Jordan, Israel took control of the Eastern Half of Jerusalem. Since then, Israel has taken control of the entire city of Jerusalem, and in 1980 Israel passed the "Jerusalem Law", stating that "Jerusalem, complete and united, is the capital of Israel," but the International Community including the United States up until Trump's declaration felt that the Eastern Half of Jerusalem is occupied territory, and the Palestinians want to declare East Jerusalem as their capital, so that city is still in dispute to this very day.

Right now, Tel Aviv is the official capital of Israel, and the American Embassy is there, but Trump declared that Jerusalem is the true capital of Israel and he wants to move the American Embassy there. That decision has has stirred up a lot of ill will, and I feel that it was the wrong one to make and will cause nothing but problems in one of the most volatile and unstable areas of the world, the Middle East.
Thanks for the detailed, wonderful explanation, Jerry!

This all makes sense now. What possible motive would he have for going there other than to get this negative reaction and cause more turmoil and chaos? This is incredible.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed, wonderful explanation, Jerry!
You're welcome Michelle. The history of that area has always fascinated me.

Quote:
This all makes sense now. What possible motive would he have for going there other than to get this negative reaction and cause more turmoil and chaos? This is incredible.
It's an incredibly stupid and dangerous move that gains us, and Israel, nothing.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You can tell.

Quote:
It's an incredibly stupid and dangerous move that gains us, and Israel, nothing.
He's so horrible.

I cannot believe he does these destructive things without any good explanation and then continues to Tweet like he doesn't have a care in the world.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Old 12-09-2017, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
And it's very delicate situation there . You explained it beautifully Jerry!

Quote:
No gain for sure. I only hope that this won't cause any issues because you don't need a lot in that area for a war you know.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Definitely.
Yeah sadly
Old 12-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
And it's very delicate situation there . You explained it beautifully Jerry!
Thanks Koni!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
No gain for sure. I only hope that this won't cause any issues because you don't need a lot in that area for a war you know.
No you don't. The Middle East has always been a tinderbox, so something like this just makes a bad situation worse.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread