Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2017, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Yes, I love that GOP Cartoon!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-08-2017, 01:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
^^^ However, Lonzo got the last laugh. He made a tremendous penetrate and dish back out set up pass/assist for his teammate to hit the winning three point shot with .8 seconds left. What a pass. Dude is really good. He’s had a slow start but is certainly proving why he was drafted so high. It’s just stupid for LaVar to believe his other two sons not only will make it to the NBA like Lonzo, but also believes all three of his sons will play for their hometown LA Lakers. The chances of that happening are slim to none.
That's great Plus aren't his other sons aren't as good as Lonzo too?
Old 12-08-2017, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That's great Plus aren't his other sons aren't as good as Lonzo too?
LiAngelo, the one that got in trouble in China, is not nearly as good as Lonzo. He doesn't have the physical talent in the least. He can play Division 1 college ball but pros you need a different body type and some natural talent. He has it just fine at the highest level of college (even though he was coming off the bench) but the pros it's different. LaMelo, the youngest brother is more like Lonzo though. He has the physical and natural talent that is needed and he's really good. So LaMelo definitely has a shot at making it to the NBA.

Last I heard LaVar wants LiAngelo and LaMelo to play overseas in lower leagues to get ready for NBA tryouts. LaMelo is only 16. He is possibly getting screwed because he would have been a huge star at UCLA just like Lonzo and then after one year would have declared for the NBA draft. But LaVar pulled him out of high school (is home schooling) and basically had him turn down his future scholarship at UCLA too. LaMelo Ball scored 92 points in one game at Chino Hills. I know it's high school but this 16 year old is very good and has tons of potential. It's a mistake not allowing him to do what most do which is college next (even for a year) after high school and then get drafted by the NBA.

This family has loads of money. Lonzo is an LA Laker. LaMelo has a good shot at making it in the NBA. He should have attended UCLA like Lonzo. LiAngelo could have decided to try out for a lower league or focused on the family business side of it, their company. I think it's a major mistake for LaVar to push both into getting into the NBA like their other brother when only one of them has a realistic shot.

Last edited by jediwands; 12-08-2017 at 02:08 PM
Old 12-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This is LaMelo Ball in high school... dude literally pointed at the halfway line, shoots and scores.

This is insane:

This guy can make every outside shot he takes. I've watched his work out videos. He's extremely talented and some say has a shot at being much better than Lonzo once he makes it to the NBA.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
LiAngelo, the one that got in trouble in China, is not nearly as good as Lonzo. He doesn't have the physical talent in the least. He can play Division 1 college ball but pros you need a different body type and some natural talent. He has it just fine at the highest level of college (even though he was coming off the bench) but the pros it's different. LaMelo, the youngest brother is more like Lonzo though. He has the physical and natural talent that is needed and he's really good. So LaMelo definitely has a shot at making it to the NBA.

Last I heard LaVar wants LiAngelo and LaMelo to play overseas in lower leagues to get ready for NBA tryouts. LaMelo is only 16. He is possibly getting screwed because he would have been a huge star at UCLA just like Lonzo and then after one year would have declared for the NBA draft. But LaVar pulled him out of high school (is home schooling) and basically had him turn down his future scholarship at UCLA too.

This family has loads of money. Lonzo is an LA Laker. LaMelo has a good shot at making it in the NBA. He should have attended UCLA like Lonzo. LiAngelo could have decided to try out for a lower league or focused on the family business side of it, their company. I think it's a major mistake for LaVar to push both into getting into the NBA like their other brother when only one of them has a realistic shot.
Yeah, I've heard that LiAngelo basically has no chance whatsoever and would have been better staying in school for an bit longer to improve his stock. That sucks he is doing that really and doesn't even UCLA want anything to do with the family because of LaVar? He just sounds like the guy who is lived his failed dreams through his son.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Michelle, what are your thoughts about Al Franken. He resigned today and denies any wrong doing.

Also....how many of you believe that Donald Trump made a huge mistake publicly declaring Jerusalem the capital of Israel?
Old 12-08-2017, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This is LaMelo Ball in high school... dude literally pointed at the halfway line, shoots and scores.

This is insane:

This guy can make every outside shot he takes. I've watched his work out videos. He's extremely talented and some say has a shot at being much better than Lonzo once he makes it to the NBA.
Wow!

He was the one who apologized...correct?
Old 12-08-2017, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

This is insane:

That's an pretty amazing shot
Old 12-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Also....how many of you believe that Donald Trump made a huge mistake publicly declaring Jerusalem the capital of Israel?
I definitely think that Trump made a huge mistake publicly declaring Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel. He fanned the flames in an area that's already a tinderbox and Israel will gain nothing from this declaration. I see it all as a purely political move to divert attention away from the current Russian investigations, and there's already been rioting in Jerusalem due to this incredibly volatile and divisive declaration. At the rate he's going, Trump will be getting us into World War III. God help this country.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Concerning Al Franken, he was definitely guilty and he did the right thing by resigning, but he did make a good point that there have also been allegations about Trump and that pedophile Roy Moore and nothing is being done.

Al Franken may have to go back to doing this soon:

Old 12-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I definitely think that Trump made a huge mistake publicly declaring Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel. He fanned the flames in an area that's already a tinderbox and Israel will gain nothing from this declaration. I see it all as a purely political move to divert attention away from the current Russian investigations, and there's already been rioting in Jerusalem due to this incredibly volatile and divisive declaration. At the rate he's going, Trump will be getting us into World War III. God help this country.
That definitely sounds like Donald Trump.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Wow!

He was the one who apologized...correct?
This isn't LiAngelo, the one that got in trouble in China. This is LaMelo, the youngest brother, he's 16 right now and already being talked about for the pros.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard that LiAngelo basically has no chance whatsoever and would have been better staying in school for an bit longer to improve his stock. That sucks he is doing that really and doesn't even UCLA want anything to do with the family because of LaVar? He just sounds like the guy who is lived his failed dreams through his son.
Right, LiAngelo has zero chance. He might be good enough to play somewhere in Europe but at the highest level in the NBA... nope. He just wasn't gifted with the right body type. He has actually the best shooting form out of all three brothers but he doesn't have what it takes to make it to the pros.

Yes, he's making a huge mistake not staying with UCLA.

LaVar loves his children, that much is obvious but you make a great point about him possibly wanting to live his life via his children. That might have a lot to do with it.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Michelle, what are your thoughts about Al Franken. He resigned today and denies any wrong doing.
Honestly, I feel just like Jerry.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's an pretty amazing shot
Pros in the NBA don't even attempt those shots unless there's little time left because it's a very low % shot yet LaMelo is literally pointing at the line showing where he's at before it even goes in because he knows it's going in, lol. Pretty incredible.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread