Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2017, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Everwood Melting Pot (OT3) #21: Cultural Exchange

Everwood Melting Pot

This thread is for discussing different cultures and customs around the world.
Current events are welcome.
Politics related discussions are allowed.

As moderators in this place we enjoy the atmosphere and environment in this place and we would like to keep it like that. We know that sometimes in the heat of the moment we can cross the line so we would kindly ask you to follow the rules below:

1. Discuss opinions and ideas. Do not bash people (both posters or celebrities)
2. Respect the opinion of fellow posters even if you disagree with it
3. Attack ideas. Do not attack people
4. Accept that someone having different opinion does not mean that they hate you or dislike. They just disagree with you.
5. If you feel that someone shows any disrespect towards anyone please do not engage in arguments. Contact us the moderators and we will handle it

Most important of all...we need to be open-minded and show respect for our fellow posters.

We (Michelle, Betty and I) thank you for reading and complying to those rules and hope that you will have fun posting here!
Old 10-21-2017, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Michelle!! Wow! Our threads are flying!
Old 10-21-2017, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Last Page of Posts on #20
Old 10-21-2017, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Thanks, Michelle!! Wow! Our threads are flying!
We are... "Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound!" We are Superman or Superman's Minions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty

I don't understand the motivation of this. Is it retaliation against the US for sending troops there? I am so confused! They're killing their own people!
I don't understand the motivation either. It makes no sense. These terrorists have been killing their own people for a while now even if they go there in different areas, they are still killing a melting pot of cultures, including their own. But this attack is freaken insane. Their motives and motivations are sickening. They actually use their own religion as justification so anything goes with these sick people.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread Michelle!
Old 10-21-2017, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Welcome!

Trump plans to release classified JFK documents - CNNPolitics

Jerry, how do you feel about this? What about everyone else?

Two things for me:

1. Will the documents be doctored up?

2. Will Bush Sr be shaking considering there have been multiple theories that he might have played a part in JFKs assassination. As we know, Bush Jr and Cheney we willing to murder for revenge and oil. So did dad play a role in murdering according to many, the greatest president we ever had? JFKs last speech was amazing. Amazing, which means the conservative Republicans hated everything he passionately talked about.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Welcome!

Trump plans to release classified JFK documents - CNNPolitics

Jerry, how do you feel about this? What about everyone else?

Two things for me:

1. Will the documents be doctored up?

2. Will Bush Sr be shaking considering there have been multiple theories that he might have played a part in JFKs assassination. As we know, Bush Jr and Cheney we willing to murder for revenge and oil. So did dad play a role in murdering according to many, the greatest president we ever had? JFKs last speech was amazing. Amazing, which means the conservative Republicans hated everything he passionately talked about.
1. I don't think that anything really revealing will be released, especially since they're being released by a Republican Administration, so what gets released may well be doctored.

2. It's possible that Bush Sr. and the C.I.A. played a role in President Kennedy's assassination, but the Military Industrial Complex covered it up then, and they'll continue to cover it up now. There are so many people who could and did benefit from President Kennedy's assassination that it's hard, especially over 50 years later, to know who was truly behind it.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-21-2017, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Will Bush Sr be shaking considering there have been multiple theories that he might have played a part in JFKs assassination. As we know, Bush Jr and Cheney we willing to murder for revenge and oil. So did dad play a role in murdering according to many, the greatest president we ever had? JFKs last speech was amazing. Amazing, which means the conservative Republicans hated everything he passionately talked about.
I have never heard of this theory regarding Bush Sr playing a part in JKF's assassination. I can't imagine what motive he would have had.
I would be interested what these classified documents have to say.

I am interested in Jerry's thoughts.

ETA: Oh! We both responded at the same time! Bush was part of the CIA? I didn't know that.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
1. I don't think that anything really revealing will be released, especially since they're being released by a Republican Administration, so what gets released may well be doctored.

2. It's possible that Bush Sr. and the C.I.A. played a role in President Kennedy's assassination, but the Military Industrial Complex covered it up then, and they'll continue to cover it up now. There are so many people who could and did benefit from President Kennedy's assassination that it's hard, especially over 50 years later, to know who was truly behind it.
I totally agree, Jerry. I'm not trusting what is revealed. We will never find out the truth. What we do know is JFK was ready to do remarkable things not only for this country but the entire world leading by example. It's just simply not a coincidence that he was removed.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-21-2017 at 01:07 PM
Old 10-21-2017, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Bush was part of the CIA? I didn't know that.
He was. If you google Bush Sr and JFK assassination you will get hits on this. There are definite theories out there that he played a part. Even his comments over the years are shady and suspicious. I'm not saying it's 100% true because even if there is direct evidence it has been covered up anyway. But just reading about his possible role is very scary.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I have never heard of this theory regarding Bush Sr playing a part in JKF's assassination. I can't imagine what motive he would have had.
I would be interested what these classified documents have to say.

I am interested in Jerry's thoughts.

ETA: Oh! We both responded at the same time! Bush was part of the CIA? I didn't know that.
There's been quite a bit of conjecture over the years that George H.W. Bush was in the C.I.A. at the time of JFK's assassination and that he had some involvement in it. To be fair though, there have been myriad conspiracy theories over the years so it's impossible to know what's really true.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-21-2017, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I don't see them revealing new information either.

AS for the somalia bombings, the problem is that a lot of people don't even share their extreme version of Islam. When I visited Somaliland (the break away republic) a few years ago, it was very calm and definitely the image we have of the country. People practice their faith but its not the extreme version promoted by these terrorists.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I don't see them revealing new information either.

AS for the somalia bombings, the problem is that a lot of people don't even share their extreme version of Islam. When I visited Somaliland (the break away republic) a few years ago, it was very calm and definitely the image we have of the country. People practice their faith but its not the extreme version promoted by these terrorists.
Minnesota has a good number of Somalis in this state and that's definitely how they are here. There's a Somali community in Minneapolis. It's not a bad area of Minneapolis, it's a very ethnic area... calm and peaceful people/community in Minneapolis.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He was. If you google Bush Sr and JFK assassination you will get hits on this. There are definite theories out there that he played a part. Even his comments over the years are shady and suspicious. I'm not saying it's 100% true because even if there is direct evidence it has been covered up anyway. But just reading about his possible role is very scary.
Quote:
There's been quite a bit of conjecture over the years that George H.W. Bush was in the C.I.A. at the time of JFK's assassination and that he had some involvement in it. To be fair though, there have been myriad conspiracy theories over the years so it's impossible to know what's really true.
Wow! Well...I will definitely look into this. I had no idea!
Quote:

That's the problem! These so called Muslim terrorists (I don't believe they represent Islam) want to destroy all people who don't follow their extreme views...including fellow Muslims. It's a horrible situation that I don't see a solution for.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

That's the problem! These so called Muslim terrorists (I don't believe they represent Islam) want to destroy all people who don't follow their extreme views...including fellow Muslims. It's a horrible situation that I don't see a solution for.
I don't see a solution either, sadly.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread