Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2017, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Ohhhh. LOL Got it. I didn't pick up on the sarcasm since I'm stupid today, haha.
You're never stupid, Michelle!
Old 10-13-2017, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I am the same generation as your mom and everyone was crying. the schools were shut down and all of us were glued to the TV for days on end. Very sad time.
I remember that the television coverage for President Kennedy's funeral was on for days, and I was mad because my cartoons weren't on (I was 5, and a few weeks away from my 6th birthday) and I remember my mother saying "Sit down and watch this! This is history!" I especially remember the beating of the drums as his funeral cortège progressed.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-13-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I remember that the television coverage for President Kennedy's funeral was on for days, and I was mad because my cartoons weren't on (I was 5, and a few weeks away from my 6th birthday) and I remember my mother saying "Sit down and watch this! This is history!" I especially remember the beating of the drums as his funeral cortège progressed.
Awe...that would be upsetting and disappointing for a 5 year old! I was a bit older, so I got it. You're kind of lucky you were too young to really feel the sadness at that time.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 10-14-2017 at 05:20 AM
Old 10-13-2017, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Awe...that would be upsetting and disappointing for a 5 year old! I was a bit older, so I got it. You're kind of lucky you were too young to really real the sadness at that time.
Yes, Betty, I was lucky in a way. RFK's death hit me harder because I was older then (I was 10) so I understood it all better.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-14-2017, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I was being sarcastic when I said he is a good actor. I was referring to his apology to Hilarie Burton.
Lol
Old 10-14-2017, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

There's now talk he was going after Trump supporters... conservatives and tried avoiding hurting liberals as much as possible:

Police announce another Las Vegas shooting timeline update that adds major twist to investigation – TheBlaze
Old 10-14-2017, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You're never stupid, Michelle!
I believe a while back you mentioned liking Ben Affleck as an actor (unless I am thinking of someone else) and I remembered as much which is why I think I missed the sarcasm.

Man, he's in some hot water. I actually hope he sizzles if everything else, in addition to what he did to Hilarie is true:
Quote:
Some Twitter users are calling on Ben Affleck to step down as Batman.
The actor faces allegations that he groped women and lied by implying he did not know about Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein's sexual misconduct.
The backlash comes just one month before Warner Bros. debuts "Justice League."
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/12/call...legations.html
Old 10-14-2017, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Young women aren't the only ones victimized in Hollywood:

Actor James Van Der Beek says he was sexually assaulted - ABC News

It's horrible that happened to James, but I'm glad that he had the courage to speak out.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Young women aren't the only ones victimized in Hollywood:

Actor James Van Der Beek says he was sexually assaulted - ABC News

It's horrible that happened to James, but I'm glad that he had the courage to speak out.
Horrible! Absolutely awful. I am also glad he had the courage to explain what happened to him. Not many men want to talk about this sort of thing. I don't know if it's a macho thing or whatever, but I am sure there's many men out there that have been put in a weird position by a man or woman but they remain silent about it because it might poke at their manhood.

Maybe more will come out since James lead the way.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I think its part of the stigma of sexual assault. AS a woman or man.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Horrible! Absolutely awful. I am also glad he had the courage to explain what happened to him. Not many men want to talk about this sort of thing. I don't know if it's a macho thing or whatever, but I am sure there's many men out there that have been put in a weird position by a man or woman but they remain silent about it because it might poke at their manhood.

Maybe more will come out since James lead the way.
Yeah, Terry Crews from B99 said something on Twitter about how he got sexually assaulted too so James isn't the only male to speak up against it.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, Terry Crews from B99 said something on Twitter about how he got sexually assaulted too so James isn't the only male to speak up against it.
Ahhhh this is so awful.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I think its part of the stigma of sexual assault. AS a woman or man.
You're right, Shu.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Ahhhh this is so awful.
Yeah, he didn't name who it was though, for obvious reasons.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, he didn't name who it was though, for obvious reasons.
Right.

I hope people continue to talk. There needs to be continued talk because that means more people living in silence will come out. What a horrible situation.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread