Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2017, 02:14 PM
  #1
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,488
Everwood Melting Pot (OT3) #20: Cultural Exchange

Everwood Melting Pot



This thread is for discussing different cultures and customs around the world.
Current events are welcome.
Politics related discussions are allowed.

As moderators in this place we enjoy the atmosphere and environment in this place and we would like to keep it like that. We know that sometimes in the heat of the moment we can cross the line so we would kindly ask you to follow the rules below:

1. Discuss opinions and ideas. Do not bash people (both posters or celebrities)
2. Respect the opinion of fellow posters even if you disagree with it
3. Attack ideas. Do not attack people
4. Accept that someone having different opinion does not mean that they hate you or dislike. They just disagree with you.
5. If you feel that someone shows any disrespect towards anyone please do not engage in arguments. Contact us the moderators and we will handle it


Most important of all...we need to be open-minded and show respect for our fellow posters.

We (Michelle, Betty and I) thank you for reading and complying to those rules and hope that you will have fun posting here!
The Apt is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 02:17 PM
  #2
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,488
Last Posts from the Previous Thread

It appears as if our picture has disappeared from the OP. If anyone wants to bring over a new one, that would be great.
The Apt is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 02:17 PM
  #3
Fan Forum Star

 
ds44's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 140,486
Tftnt
__________________
ds44 is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 02:18 PM
  #4
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,488
You're welcome and me too, Shu. I am so saddened over Vegas as well.
The Apt is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 02:20 PM
  #5
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,488
Las Vegas gunman liked to gamble, listened to country music, lived quiet retired life before massacre - Chicago Tribune

His brother/family cannot come up with a reason why he did this. Maybe when they research his computer/s they'll figure it out. It is interesting that his brother said he gambled a lot... like a lot. I cannot believe the amount of money he played with. Could it have been debt? Mental illness? Just a bad guy? I guess time will tell.
The Apt is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 02:43 PM
  #6
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 89,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Las Vegas gunman liked to gamble, listened to country music, lived quiet retired life before massacre - Chicago Tribune

His brother/family cannot come up with a reason why he did this. Maybe when they research his computer/s they'll figure it out. It is interesting that his brother said he gambled a lot... like a lot. I cannot believe the amount of money he played with. Could it have been debt? Mental illness? Just a bad guy? I guess time will tell.
Apparently, the shooter was always bad news:

Dark details on Las Vegas shooter's family history come to light

This is so disheartening. People can't even go to a concert and feel safe.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 03:37 PM
  #7
Elite Fan

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 43,665
Thanks for the new thread, Michelle!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)

This is so disheartening. People can't even go to a concert and feel safe.
Very scary times! There is nowhere we can go to feel safe anymore. Concerts, theaters, shopping mails, subways, just walking down the street! The world has really changed for the worse, and I don't see how this can be resolved. Gun control of course, but I don't think that's enough.
__________________
"The harder you work and the more prepared you are for something, you're going to be able to persevere through anything."—Carli Lloyd
everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 04:21 PM
  #8
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,488
It's interesting I said psychopath in the last thread and that was used in the most recent article.

Well, now why know how this all came to be. It is sad and pathetic that he did what he did, and so easily gained access to weapons.
The Apt is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 04:22 PM
  #9
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread, Michelle!!




Very scary times! There is nowhere we can go to feel safe anymore. Concerts, theaters, shopping mails, subways, just walking down the street! The world has really changed for the worse, and I don't see how this can be resolved. Gun control of course, but I don't think that's enough.
There's also half the country that sees our people being murdered and still don't want gun control too. I doubt it'll ever happen. Terrorism, both internally and right here in this country, along with psychopaths, sociopaths basically get to do what they want. It's really scary. We live in a world that has a lot of evil.
The Apt is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 05:32 PM
  #10
Fan Forum Star

 
ds44's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 140,486
I am sorry but what does the average citizen need with a semi automatic weapon?
__________________
ds44 is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 05:54 PM
  #11
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I am sorry but what does the average citizen need with a semi automatic weapon?
Very good question. Apparently this is necessary in certain parts of the country, along with a specific party agreeing and promoting it. It's repulsive and makes me sick.
The Apt is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 06:34 PM
  #12
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 89,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I am sorry but what does the average citizen need with a semi automatic weapon?
No average citizen needs a semi-automatic gun, but here in the South they scream about their Second Amendment rights and they feel that those rights include owning semi-automatic weapons like the AR-15. I get advertisements in the newspaper or in the mail on a regular basis offering semi-automatic weapons for sale at legitimate sports and outdoors stores.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 07:23 PM
  #13
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
No average citizen needs a semi-automatic gun, but here in the South they scream about their Second Amendment rights and they feel that those rights include owning semi-automatic weapons like the AR-15. I get advertisements in the newspaper or in the mail on a regular basis offering semi-automatic weapons for sale at legitimate sports and outdoors stores.
I just... I don't even have the words.
The Apt is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 08:06 PM
  #14
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,488
My dad just told me he has a friend from Cleveland who was in Vegas all last week/this weekend with his wife and some other family. They attended the concert but left 30 minutes before the shooting. They were staying at the Luxor and sat by the window witnessing the horrible scene. All phone service was down so they couldn't communicate with family to say they were okay. All airports closed so he wasn't sure when they'd be able to leave.
The Apt is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 08:09 PM
  #15
Elite Fan

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 43,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
My dad just told me he has a friend from Cleveland who was in Vegas all last week/this weekend with his wife and some other family. They attended the concert but left 30 minutes before the shooting. They were staying at the Luxor and sat by the window witnessing the horrible scene. All phone service was down so they couldn't communicate with family to say they were okay. All airports closed so he wasn't sure when they'd be able to leave.
Wow, Michelle! It just wasn't their time. The family at home must have thought the worst.
__________________
"The harder you work and the more prepared you are for something, you're going to be able to persevere through anything."—Carli Lloyd
everwoodfan52 is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Emily VanCamp France, Emily Vancamp Source, Daily Emily VanCamp, Emily VamCamp Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:46 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.