Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2017, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Exactly. I bet they're already figuring out a way to do damage control in order to make this go away so it's not talked about too much. .
Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me at all.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me at all.
Yep.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yes I have, went to LA, New York, Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe 9 years ago.
What did you think?
Old 09-24-2017, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
As an older person, I'm dismayed by the Republican's latest attempt to dismantle the Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare, and replace it with the Cassidy-Graham plan, which would give more control to the States and allow them to deny coverage to people with Pre-Existing Conditions (and who doesn't have a Pre-Existing Condition?) and deny health care coverage to millions of people. What's really bad for someone like me is that they want to increase premiums for people my age astronomically, and their whole plan is incredibly mean spirited, which is the typical Republican Method of Operation. I hope to God it doesn't pass, but Trump and the Republican Leaders are bound and determined to pass this awful bill. I hate that we have a President and Congress that are only out for the rich, and I still can't believe that we elected this Reality TV Buffoon as our President.
Amen, Jerry. It's disgusting. The Republican party is only for the rich and they don't care about anyone else. If you are an older American or a woman, those two groups especially are degraded by the Republican party. But it's everyone who isn't rich. What they are trying to do here is inhumane. How could they do this to people? The idiotic American people are scared into believing they are actually protecting this country from terrorism and other outside forces but what they aren't seeing is right here under our roof Trump and his Republican party want to take away our rights as human beings. It is so gross. So they want us to believe they save us from foreign terrorism yet they have no issue personally hurting us and essentially killing Americans by not offering healthcare and other basic human rights we shouldn't have to worry about. How vile is that? How anyone can support the Republican party and what they stand for is beyond me. It's not even just about Trump either... it is all Republicans and what they stand for in general. What they are trying to do here is vile and inhumane. Trump and the Republican Leaders better not pass this sickening bill, indeed. It is just sad.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-24-2017 at 04:20 AM
Old 09-24-2017, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
As an older person, I'm dismayed by the Republican's latest attempt to dismantle the Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare, and replace it with the Cassidy-Graham plan, which would give more control to the States and allow them to deny coverage to people with Pre-Existing Conditions (and who doesn't have a Pre-Existing Condition?) and deny health care coverage to millions of people. .
I totally agree that this new proposed plan is awful and I hope it doesn't pass. I do believe that Obamacare does have many flaws..(I know people who have it and their fees and co-pays are astonomical. They can't afford it!) Obamacare needs to be revised, but not with this new horrible plan.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The flawed Obamacare is still LOADS better than what the Republicans want to do and it's not even close. I'd take "flawed" Obamacare and everyone having health insurance over only the rich and upper middle class having healthcare. Those flaws also have largely to do with people who have some money and want more opportunities. Sorry but I rather deal with those "flaws" if it means everyone gets healthcare because I am a human who could never sleep at night knowing I have healthcare and other people don't. Bring on the flaws. I don't mind paying more if it means others get healthcare. That said, sure, restructure Obamacare some but do not do what the Republicans want because that's inhumane.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The flawed Obamacare is still LOADS better than what the Republicans want to do and it's not even close. I'd take "flawed" Obamacare and everyone having health insurance over only the rich and upper middle class having healthcare. Those flaws also have largely to do with people who have some money and want more opportunities. Sorry but I rather deal with those "flaws" if it means everyone gets healthcare because I am a human who could never sleep at night knowing I have healthcare and other people don't. Bring on the flaws. I don't mind paying more if it means others get healthcare. That said, sure, restructure Obamacare some but do not do what the Republicans want because that's inhumane.
It is better than what Trump wants to do, but I believe it does need to be reconstructed as you said. I don't know how, though.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
It is better than what the Trump wants to do, but it does need to be changed.
The problem is the only version of "being changed" right now is the Republican way under this sick group of leaders.

Thus, I'll wait for it being changed/restructured under competent leaders instead. If you want change you are going to get the Trump/Republican change right at this moment. I'll take flawed until it can be changed properly.

Oh but we are so much safer under Republicans. LOL What a joke. They are trying to kill the American people in different ways... if you don't have enough money, are a woman, or a senior, then you are in deep trouble. This party is awesome.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thus, I'll wait for it being changed/restructured under competent leaders instead. If you want change you are going to get the Trump/Republican change right at this moment. I'll take flawed then until it can be changed properly.
Good idea!
Old 09-24-2017, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

We are stuck for another few years minimum. So depressing but it is what it is. Hope the American people that voted for him are happy. My party knew better which I am proud of. I can't comprehend how anyone would think voting him in was a good idea. Think of all the chaos he's caused and he hasn't been in office for a year yet... and there's three more years to go after that...

Tuesday, November 3, 2020 cannot come soon enough. Yes, I have that date memorized.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
more years to go after that...

Tuesday, November 3, 2020 cannot come soon enough. Yes, I have that date memorized.
I am thinking the world may not reach that date.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I am thinking the world may not reach that date.
Sorry for laughing. Awe, that's not true but I know what you mean. I am being a little overdramatic too. I am just so scared of what he's going to do or say next.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sorry for laughing. Awe, that's not true but I know what you mean. I am being a little overdramatic too. I am just so scared of what he's going to do or say next.
I am not trying to be over dramatic. There are tons of signs...floods, fires, 2 idiots with nuclear bombs poking each other. I am being serious here and am not optimistic.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I am not trying to be over dramatic. There are tons of signs...floods, fires, 2 idiots with nuclear bombs poking each other. I am being serious here and am not optimistic.
The world is not ending but there's definitely darkness everywhere. You're right, the signs are there but I consider it more of a warning over an actual endgame conclusion. I just think we are seeing strong signs of how we need to come together and not be deluded into thinking everything is okay. We need to be on alert for this darkness but staying united at the same time.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The world is not ending but there's definitely darkness everywhere. You're right, the signs are there but I consider it more of a warning over an actual endgame conclusion. I just think we are seeing strong signs of how we need to come together and not be deluded into thinking everything is okay. We need to be on alert for this darkness but staying united at the same time.
If there is a nuclear strike by anyone..the world will end. I don't see light ever. defeating darkness....unfortunately.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread