Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2017, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I think my issue was that I wasn;t shocked. The system favors the guilty and the rich while the poor and innocent often get the book thrown at them. I think this is the first time they were forced to face the reality that the justice system is extremely extremely flawed. I still hate that cochrane got involved because previously he worked to get innocent men justice and he even fought to try and bring the amadou diallo family justice as well as that poor man who had a plunger stuck up his bum. Kardashian (he is the father of those icky kids) and Shapiro were always bottom dwellers. I just wish the late Cochrane hadn't sullied his reputation with this case. I also abhor the term race card and now we have this trial to thank for that term. Because it isn't a card for many, but a harsh reality.
I was naive and thought there's no way with all that evidence he would be found not-guilty. In the back of my mind, I knew he used his wealth for an incredible defense but I still thought even they couldn't take down all that evidence and find some reasonable doubt. I was wrong. Money talked big time. I remember Kardashian. Apparently he was very close friends with OJ too. Some were even speculating Khloe was fathered by OJ. The whole defense team as a whole was plastic... Robert Shapiro and F. Lee Bailey loathed each other and the second the trial was over they split, never to talk to each other again.

Quote:
I am so mad at how this trump business has affected Canada. Mostly cause the media keeps giving him air time because he is the president of the USA while trying to demonize the first decent prime minister the country has had in twenty years because he actually cares for women, lgbt, aboriginal rights, and giving the average canadian value over the rich. Anyways due to the revoking of visas's and the travel ban, over 32 000 migrants have showed up at the border and thanks to the media it has really created an anti-immigrant sentiment. There were two confrontations between right wing (neo nazi) groups outside the make shift refugee camp and on parliament hill. The on in Ottawa was relatively peaceful.
That's so unfortunate. Trump is a disease. Tell me more about this prime minister? He sounds awesome.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, I can't really respect them for that either. Do you think that the prosecutors could have handled the case better?
100%. I was not a fan of how the prosecutors handled the case. It even haunts them to this day. The media actually turned the entire courtroom into a circus. The media helped the jury reach the not-guilty verdict.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I was naive and thought there's no way with all that evidence he would be found not-guilty. In the back of my mind, I knew he used his wealth for an incredible defense but I still thought even they couldn't take down all that evidence and find some reasonable doubt. I was wrong. Money talked big time. I remember Kardashian. Apparently he was very close friends with OJ too. Some were even speculating Khloe was fathered by OJ. The whole defense team as a whole was plastic... Robert Shapiro and F. Lee Bailey loathed each other and the second the trial was over they split, never to talk to each other again.

That's so unfortunate. Trump is a disease. Tell me more about this prime minister? He sounds awesome.
Justin Trudeau is the leader of the liberal party. He has been in power a little over two years. At first, no one took him seriously because he is the youngest pm Canada has ever had. He was smart and swung left instead of right because a logic people were frustrated with how sneaky the pc(conservative) party was. They went after women, Muslims and pic. He courted all those groups and really emphasized that we are all Canadian motto which really hit a bell with people. He also invested in the people. As of sept 18, if your family makes less than 50, 000 you will get a grant instead of a loan that covers your tuition( of course you have to keep a minimum of a c+ average). Students who already have a loan don't have to pay it back until they are making 40,000 year because a lot of companies will by hire full time but a bunch of part time workers. A lot of stuff that is about supporting the middle class because most Canadians ( roughly 60%) are middle income.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
100%. I was not a fan of how the prosecutors handled the case. It even haunts them to this day. The media actually turned the entire courtroom into a circus. The media helped the jury reach the not-guilty verdict.
In addition to that, the judge, Lance Ito, was incompetent in my opinion and he allowed too many things that shouldn't have been allowed.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-01-2017, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
In addition to that, the judge, Lance Ito, was incompetent in my opinion and he allowed too many things that shouldn't have been allowed.
He was absolutely awful!
Old 10-01-2017, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Justin Trudeau is the leader of the liberal party. He has been in power a little over two years. At first, no one took him seriously because he is the youngest pm Canada has ever had. He was smart and swung left instead of right because a logic people were frustrated with how sneaky the pc(conservative) party was. They went after women, Muslims and pic. He courted all those groups and really emphasized that we are all Canadian motto which really hit a bell with people. He also invested in the people. As of sept 18, if your family makes less than 50, 000 you will get a grant instead of a loan that covers your tuition( of course you have to keep a minimum of a c+ average). Students who already have a loan don't have to pay it back until they are making 40,000 year because a lot of companies will by hire full time but a bunch of part time workers. A lot of stuff that is about supporting the middle class because most Canadians ( roughly 60%) are middle income.
Justin Trudeau seems outstanding. Good for Canada. How old is he? I pray that Trump keeps his claws off of him and just leaves Canada alone. It's bad enough the US has concerns for the next couple of years. I don't want our northern neighbors having to deal with this mess.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Justin Trudeau seems outstanding. Good for Canada. How old is he? I pray that Trump keeps his claws off of him and just leaves Canada alone. It's bad enough the US has concerns for the next couple of years. I don't want our northern neighbors having to deal with this mess.
He is 45. Right now Canada are in the middle of renegotiating nafta but I am not really worried because the us would lose jobs not gain them if his team messes it up. But from what I have seen it's old policy hats working on it.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
He is 45. Right now Canada are in the middle of renegotiating nafta but I am not really worried because the us would lose jobs not gain them if his team messes it up. But from what I have seen it's old policy hats working on it.
He looks younger than 45! He's handsome and charismatic. He reminds me of President Kennedy.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-01-2017, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Got it.

Checking his picture... nice looking man!

Jerry, you're right... definitely reminds me of JFK.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
He looks younger than 45! He's handsome and charismatic. He reminds me of President Kennedy.
He does give off that vibe. Plus his father was an interesting figure in his own right.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Say what you will about President Trump, but he taught me something I never knew: Puerto Rico is an island! "This is an island, surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water.”

Trump says Puerto Rico relief hampered by 'big water, ocean water'

What an idiot this clown is.

Old 10-01-2017, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Say what you will about President Trump, but he taught me something I never knew: Puerto Rico is an island! "This is an island, surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water.”

Everyone who voted for him should be ashamed.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He does give off that vibe. Plus his father was an interesting figure in his own right.
What's his father like?
Old 10-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
What's his father like?
Shu can answer this better than I can, but the late Pierre Elliott Trudeau was the Prime Minister of Canada at different intervals in the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's and he left behind quite a legacy of accomplishment.

Old 10-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I didn't realize the water was Big. lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread