Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2017, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Money primarily since he hired all the best lawyers and experts. Playing the race card, making the jury believe people were out to get OJ because he was black, and taking down the key detective who was an idiot and definite racist. That's pretty much how they did it. The evidence was overwhelming but it didn't matter. They convinced the jury people wanted him convicted because he was black and they personally tore down the lead detective.
How much did he pay for the defense team?
Old 09-29-2017, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
How much did he pay for the defense team?
Millions and millions.

Check this out:
Quote:
As it turns out, Simpson was allowed to keep generating memorabilia during his trial, which allowed to afford the "Dream Team" of lawyers — which the doc notes cost him an estimated $50,000 a day.
A day!

How O.J. Simpson paid for the 'Dream Team' - Business Insider
Old 09-29-2017, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Millions and millions.

Check this out:

A day!

How O.J. Simpson paid for the 'Dream Team' - Business Insider
Wow, that's a lot of money. How long did the trial go on for?
Old 09-29-2017, 06:23 PM
Administrator

I am shocked, I tell you shocked, that the new tax plan proposed by Trump and the Republicans will only benefit the the top 1% of earners:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...180000645.html

What is this world coming to?

Trump and the Republicans disgust me.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-29-2017, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Wow, that's a lot of money. How long did the trial go on for?
Eleven months.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-29-2017, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Eleven months.
Wow, that's a lot money they made for getting an murderer off.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I am shocked, I tell you shocked, that the new tax plan proposed by Trump and the Republicans will only benefit the the top 1% of earners:

Trumps and Republicans disgust me too, Jerry... every single, one of them. This isn't just Trump like you said... this is the Republican way... these supposed tax plans are all about the wealthy, the wealthy benefits. Trickle-down economics is a coded way of saying the wealthy benefit while everyone else suffers. I keep saying this but I have no idea how anyone who is not filthy rich (and without a brain) could ever vote for a Republican. You are essentially voting for someone who is not interested in helping you in any way.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Wow, that's a lot money they made for getting an murderer off.
I know it... a double murderer too... he killed two people. Which is why I will never have any respect for his "Dream Team" that took this case knowing full well he murdered two people. They were paid millions so he could walk, while causing intense pain and suffering to two families that lost loved ones. Justice is a bad word when you lose someone to murder. Those two families will never have true justice or peace and if you interview them, they will tell you they haven't had peace since their loved ones were taken away. However, getting that guilty verdict does help. It allows at least some sort of victory during the mourning/healing process and they weren't able to get this because of his Dream Team pulling out every dirty trick in order to prevent it. It's downright sickening.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Trumps and Republicans disgust me too, Jerry... every single, one of them. This isn't just Trump like you said... this is the Republican way... these supposed tax plans are all about the wealthy, the wealthy benefits. Trickle-down economics is a coded way of saying the wealthy benefit while everyone else suffers. I keep saying this but I have no idea how anyone who is not filthy rich (and without a brain) could ever vote for a Republican. You are essentially voting for someone who is not interested in helping you in any way.
Exactly Michelle. The Republicans are only out for themselves and their ultra-wealthy supporters.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I know it... a double murderer too... he killed two people. Which is why I will never have any respect for his "Dream Team" that took this case knowing full well he murdered two people. They were paid millions so he could walk, while causing intense pain and suffering to two families that lost loved ones. Justice is a bad word when you lose someone to murder. Those two families will never have true justice or peace and if you interview them, they will tell you they haven't had peace since their loved ones were taken away. However, getting that guilty verdict does help. It allows at least some sort of victory during the mourning/healing process and they weren't able to get this because of his Dream Team pulling out every dirty trick in order to prevent it. It's downright sickening.
O.J. was found "liable" (meaning guilty) of the murders in a Civil Trial that followed the Criminal Trial, but ultimately it didn't mean anything.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:

They are. It's just ironic because conservatives are trying to nail Trudeau for getting rid of tax loopholes fir the rich.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Exactly Michelle. The Republicans are only out for themselves and their ultra-wealthy supporters.
Yep and then they use scare tactics to get moderates/independents to come on over to their side to vote along with conservative Christians who believe they are a "moral party" which is a joke. They are anything but a so called moral party. If you are not wealthy you will suffer under their plan and I don't understand how so many people do not realize this. It simply blows me away.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
O.J. was found "liable" (meaning guilty) of the murders in a Civil Trial that followed the Criminal Trial, but ultimately it didn't mean anything.
I had this fact typed up but then erased at the last second, lol. Exactly, the Civil Trial was won but OJ being the pig that he is found a way to not pay the families either. I don't know how much they were given but he manipulated it so he didn't have to pay what he owed.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I think my issue was that I wasn;t shocked. The system favors the guilty and the rich while the poor and innocent often get the book thrown at them. I think this is the first time they were forced to face the reality that the justice system is extremely extremely flawed. I still hate that cochrane got involved because previously he worked to get innocent men justice and he even fought to try and bring the amadou diallo family justice as well as that poor man who had a plunger stuck up his bum. Kardashian (he is the father of those icky kids) and Shapiro were always bottom dwellers. I just wish the late Cochrane hadn't sullied his reputation with this case. I also abhor the term race card and now we have this trial to thank for that term. Because it isn't a card for many, but a harsh reality.

I am so mad at how this trump business has affected Canada. Mostly cause the media keeps giving him air time because he is the president of the USA while trying to demonize the first decent prime minister the country has had in twenty years because he actually cares for women, lgbt, aboriginal rights, and giving the average canadian value over the rich. Anyways due to the revoking of visas's and the travel ban, over 32 000 migrants have showed up at the border and thanks to the media it has really created an anti-immigrant sentiment. There were two confrontations between right wing (neo nazi) groups outside the make shift refugee camp and on parliament hill. The on in Ottawa was relatively peaceful.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I can't really respect them for that either. Do you think that the prosecutors could have handled the case better?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread