Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2017, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Everwood Melting Pot (OT3) #19: Cultural Exchange

Everwood Melting Pot

This thread is for discussing different cultures and customs around the world.
Current events are welcome.
Politics related discussions are allowed.

As moderators in this place we enjoy the atmosphere and environment in this place and we would like to keep it like that. We know that sometimes in the heat of the moment we can cross the line so we would kindly ask you to follow the rules below:

1. Discuss opinions and ideas. Do not bash people (both posters or celebrities)
2. Respect the opinion of fellow posters even if you disagree with it
3. Attack ideas. Do not attack people
4. Accept that someone having different opinion does not mean that they hate you or dislike. They just disagree with you.
5. If you feel that someone shows any disrespect towards anyone please do not engage in arguments. Contact us the moderators and we will handle it

Most important of all...we need to be open-minded and show respect for our fellow posters.

We (Michelle, Betty and I) thank you for reading and complying to those rules and hope that you will have fun posting here!
Old 09-05-2017, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Last page of posts from previous thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f104/everwoo...7/index20.html
Old 09-05-2017, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
My sister is going there though lol
When is she going and for how many days?
Old 09-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I have always wanted to go to Paris despite the people if that makes sense. I love Art and it has the Louvre. I also love old architecture and Paris has that to offer. To me its akin to visiting any major European city from a historical perspective. I mean I can't stand the Czech, but it would never prevent me from going to visit Prague.

One of these days I will get beyond the British Isles and see Spain, France (my cousin will kill me if I don't come to see her in Nantes) and Prague.
I've never heard someone rip the Czechs before, lol. I am Slovak and Polish but due to the split (Slovaks/Czechs) probably have some very, very distant Czech blood too. Although I've always said I'm 50% Slovak (mom), 50% Polish (dad) since that is the truth. My Grandmother said we probably have some very distant Czech blood though considering Slovaks and Czechs once shared a country together as a whole. There's a retired professional Czech hockey player with the same last name as my maternal Grandfather (same spelling) and we've joked over the years that we are probably related.

I just don't have the interest in Paris, if I did I'd consider going. Putting aside all of the nightmare stories I've heard from my very own family and friends who have been there, it's not even about that only. I just don't have the interest in the city in general. I want to check out where my very extended family is from... Slovakia, Poland, hit Czech Republic too because I don't know of a person who dislikes Prague and I have to see it! I know people who go out of their way to hit Prague. Have to go and get my cultural food in all three places. I want to go to Italy as well, and would love to check out Koni's Bulgaria too. Oh and definitely the UK.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-05-2017 at 10:51 AM
Old 09-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
When is she going and for how many days?
Just two days before she and her boyfriend leaves to go home.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Just two days before she and her boyfriend leaves to go home.
That's cool. I'm glad she's not going alone. They'll probably have fun.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I mean I can't stand the Czech, but it would never prevent me from going to visit Prague.
Wow, Shu. You must have a strong reason for feeling this way..
My introduction to a Czech is my son Joe's best friend's wife. She is from the Czech Republic and is a wonderful woman....a real sweetheart. He met her while she was living and working here as an Au Pair.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That's awesome, Betty.

I would assume the Czech personality is close to Slovaks and due to family I know all about Slovaks... extremely down to earth and not fake. Slovaks will not smile and lie about the smile. They smile because it's real. Very down to earth, helpful, nice, slightly introverted, definitely religious (Catholic). Artsy, love the outdoors. Love ice hockey... both the Slovaks and Czechs love hockey. I would say the one negative about Slovaks (I've seen it in my family and even inside of me lol) is that we tend to see the glass as half empty over half full. I don't know if the Russian situation caused this but as a rule, it seems we are on the look out for the bad, but I think there's some realism in this as well. Enjoy the positive but don't be deluded into thinking the negative isn't around either. Very hard working. Not lazy. Lazy is not in the vocabulary. I am sure the Czechs are not far from the Slovak description.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-05-2017 at 10:49 AM
Old 09-05-2017, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Betty, a new hurricane is on the way. Will it be hitting you guys? Last I heard it's too early to tell if it'll get that far north but it's possible. Stay safe.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's cool. I'm glad she's not going alone. They'll probably have fun.
Yeah probably.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah probably.
What city are you guys in today?
Old 09-06-2017, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Betty, a new hurricane is on the way. Will it be hitting you guys? Last I heard it's too early to tell if it'll get that far north but it's possible. Stay safe.
THey're not sure yet. The experts are still watching this storm and are not sure if it will hit the east or west coast of Florida. I know the People in the Keys have to definitely evacuate. They are sitting ducks! The scary part is that this storm is very very wide.
Who knows what track this storm will take..if it will go out to sea or move up the east coast. Hopefully it will weaken before it will do much damage.

Nature is something else! You think it's trying to tell us something??
Old 09-06-2017, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
THey're not sure yet. The experts are still watching this storm and are not sure if it will hit the east or west coast of Florida. I know the People in the Keys have to definitely evacuate. They are sitting ducks! The scary part is that this storm is very very wide.
Who knows what track this storm will take..if it will go out to sea or move up the east coast. Hopefully it will weaken before it will do much damage.

Nature is something else! You think it's trying to tell us something??
I do. It always does.

This is why I could never live in Florida, especially the southern tip... the hurricane situation is so consistent. I couldn't imagine having to evacuate like that.

Hopefully it doesn't come your way or will greatly weaken if it does!
Old 09-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
What city are you guys in today?
Still in the country haha, won't be in the city until we go to Barcelona next Saturday.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Still in the country haha, won't be in the city until we go to Barcelona next Saturday.
Ohhh you're going to Barcelona! That sounds awesome.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread