Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2014, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I have no idea why she went to Cleveland! I hope Pat is right because these 2 nurses who have been affected used precautions.
I hope that he is right and it will be contained in US, but also everywhere as Ebola is dangerous.

Quote:
I am losing a little faith in the CDC and the protocol our hospitals are implementing.
These nurses had to not been sufficiently safe while treating their patient.
You have a point. I read that though that at first they blamed the nurse and said that she didn't follow the protocol. It's in Bulgarian article so it might be wrong. What information do you have?
Old 10-15-2014, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)

You have a point. I read that though that at first they blamed the nurse and said that she didn't follow the protocol. It's in Bulgarian article so it might be wrong. What information do you have?
That was what I heard as well, but now they're claiming that they don't know exactly what she did!
Old 10-15-2014, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That was what I heard as well, but now they're claiming that they don't know exactly what she did!
The weird thing is that Ebola is supposed to be transmitted through blood fluids (well this is what I've read; if I'm wrong please correct me). Now usually it's a standard procedure to be really careful about this because the same way for example you could get HIV. So yeah it's weird how she got infected if protocol was followed.

Also yes I hope that she didn't infect anyone during the travel.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
through blood fluids
I don't believe it's just blood...it can be any bodily fluid.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I have no idea why she went to Cleveland! I hope Pat is right because these 2 nurses who have been affected used precautions.
When you told me Cleveland my heart dropped. I have no idea if any family or friends were on that flight or who now from Cleveland was exposed to her. I am trying not to be paranoid but this is insane.

I also asked the other psychic friend that you know I talk to sometimes... female with first letter C so we'll see what she says too. She is the one who told me I had an ovarian cyst that ultimately caused my major surgery before it was even diagnosed via ultrasound and cat scan. I trust her predictions so I'll share what she says about it.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
When you told me Cleveland my heart dropped. I have no idea if any family or friends were on that flight or who now from Cleveland was exposed to her. I am trying not to be paranoid but this is insane.
I think the airline was Frontier Airlines. They're only concerned with her flight back to Dallas...not the flight to Cleveland.

Quote:
I also asked the other psychic friend that you know I talk to sometimes... female with first letter C so we'll see what she says too. She is the one who told me I had an ovarian cyst that ultimately caused my major surgery before it was even diagnosed via ultrasound and cat scan. I trust her predictions so I'll share what she says about it.
I sure hope she has an encouraging prediction!

Michelle, watch CNN...they talk about this all day!
Old 10-15-2014, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't believe it's just blood...it can be any bodily fluid.
Yeah this blood fluid was supposed to be body fluids . So yeah it's not just blood. It's any bodily fluid.

Michelle I think that if she didn't show any symptoms while she was at the plane she didn't put anyone at risk so I'm hoping for that.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Michelle I think that if she didn't show any symptoms while she was at the plane she didn't put anyone at risk so I'm hoping for that.
This is definitely true!
Old 10-15-2014, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

She did though. She had a low grade fever ON the plane.

Second nurse had low-grade fever on plane
Old 10-15-2014, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think the airline was Frontier Airlines. They're only concerned with her flight back to Dallas...not the flight to Cleveland.
Got it!

Quote:

I sure hope she has an encouraging prediction!

Michelle, watch CNN...they talk about this all day!
This is scary stuff.

The article I posted above confirms that it can be spread via bodily fluids in general, not just blood. Can be spread via needles.

The encouraging part of the article is that all 48 others that were exposed to the Liberian who lied and unfortunately died are all healthy and not showing any symptoms. Their deadline of when they can get it before you can say they are in the clear is Sunday. So that's good.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
She did though. She had a low grade fever ON the plane.

Second nurse had low-grade fever on plane
Now that sucks . Are the people that have been on that plane under quarantine? Actually I'm also concerned about her being at the airport. Some people are there 1/2 hour before the flight and they could come to contact with all sorts of people.

It's great for those 48 people for sure .
Old 10-15-2014, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Now that sucks . Are the people that have been on that plane under quarantine? Actually I'm also concerned about her being at the airport. Some people are there 1/2 hour before the flight and they could come to contact with all sorts of people.

It's great for those 48 people for sure .
I know! I think they're contacting everyone on the flight. Good point about the airport in general. The good news is it doesn't appear that this is spread like the common cold. It's not that easily transmitted but obviously it's concerning given how others that treated him and we're taking precautions still got it. How? That's the question.

This is definitely not just in the US, it's worldwide. The reason why it concerns me so much that it's in the US is because if it got here (well it did because of that guy lying and all of that but I mean the fact that it spread) and with our technology and all of that, and it's still spreading some, it does concern me in a worldwide way all the more. How do we stop this virus?
Old 10-15-2014, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We have encouraging signs and still scary possibilities. Sunday can't come soon enough!

How many of you feel that Planes coming in from West Africa need to be halted?
I do!
Old 10-15-2014, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
We have encouraging signs and still scary possibilities. Sunday can't come soon enough!

How many of you feel that Planes coming in from West Africa need to be halted?
I do!
I am with you. President Obama has to order that NOW.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know! I think they're contacting everyone on the flight. Good point about the airport in general. The good news is it doesn't appear that this is spread like the common cold. It's not that easily transmitted but obviously it's concerning given how others that treated him and we're taking precautions still got it. How? That's the question.

This is definitely not just in the US, it's worldwide. The reason why it concerns me so much that it's in the US is because if it got here (well it did because of that guy lying and all of that but I mean the fact that it spread) and with our technology and all of that, and it's still spreading some, it does concern me in a worldwide way all the more. How do we stop this virus?
You are right - it's not spread like a common cold . However have in mind that body fluids means even sweat so in this sense it's not that hard like HIV for example. Also animals (mammals) could carry Ebola as well which is why I think that they also check the pets. However yes Ebola is not easily spread and this is our luck right now.

I think that people just shouldn't travel to and from Africa (you know that once someone goes in Africa they would want to come back).