Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2021, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Everwood has reached 500,000 Posts!!!!

~ Patricia

We can't believe our beautiful Gem of a show is still being celebrated on this Board 15 years after it ended!! Because of all of our wonderful moderators through the years...our veteran fans who have hung on....and our new fans who have recently discovered and love Everwood this board has flourished!! Hopefully we can keep going strong for many more years/milestones to come!!

Everwood first aired in 2003 on the WB. It tells the story of Andy Brown and his children after they move to a picturesque Colorado town shortly after Mrs. Brown died. Andy is forced to deal with his fractured relationship with his son, a young daughter he barely knows and figuring out who he is now that Julia is gone. Andy soon comes to butt heads with the town doctor Harold Abbott while Ephram finds himself falling in love with Harold's daughter, Amy. The journey of Amy and Ephram is as integral to this show as is the story of the Brown's. As an audience member we experience the highs and lows of all the characters and it is this intricate writing as well as heartfelt performances that has brought us all together.
The Everwood Board is not just a place for fans to discuss the wonderful show about the Browns and their time in a small Colorado town. It's a place many of us call a home away from home. Our love of Ephram and Andy Brown, Amy and Harold Abbott as well as many others brought us all here. The board gave us a place to discuss the characters we love and the storylines we loathe. It is a place to celebrate why we love this show and the writers/actors who brought their all to create such a wonderful show. Over the years, the Everwood Board has become a place where strangers across the globe come together to share their triumphs, their travels and the everyday aches and pains of living. The show itself has stood the test of time with some of us having experienced it from the day the pilot aired while others found it on dvd years after the final scene had aired. We have argued over plot lines some love and others detest, we have shared why these characters mean so much to us and through it all we have all become like our very own version of the town the show was named after. We love Everwood and We are Everwood. The show may have ended and we may spend our time watching the actors move on and inhabit other characters we've grown to love, but we still come together to share those experiences much like the town of Everwood would come and celebrate one of their many silly town festivals. Now, after many years we gather here to celebrate 500,000 posts. It's a true milestone and here is to our Everwood family sharing many more milestones to come.
~ Shu

Some Everwood quotes:

Everwood, Colorado. Population, just over nine thousand and growing. Founded in 1853, this jewel of the centennial state is home to one of the country's first opera houses, oldest gold mines, third largest chili cook-off, and even the occasional world famous brain surgeon.

Amy: Ok, four years ago you came to my little town. And you changed my life. I never thought that one person could do that to you, but you did. From the moment that I met you and each moment after that... somehow everything that happened to me, kept coming back to you.

... And a handsome prince, and a beautiful princess, who could not know how their fates were destined to cross.

Amy: A lot of us talk of about moving away from here someday but Colin never did. He wanted to be a part of this place forever. He is now.

Ephram: Greetings tree, I am your sprinkler.

Ephram: Is it my turn yet? Good. Because I love you, too. I knew it then. I know it now. I'll know it always. You're it, Amy. You're my one.

Irv: A heart is a fragile thing. That's why we protect them so vigorously, give them away so rarely, and why it means so much when we do. Some hearts are more fragile than others. Purer, somehow. Like crystal in a world of glass, even the way they shatter is beautiful.

Andy: Well, the thing about the picture is... how do you look in it? It's not about who you're standing next to, or what's in the background... it's are you smiling? Are you happy? Are you good with the choices that you've made? Because if you are, it doesn't matter where you're standing or who you're standing next to... it's... it's a good picture.

Amy: You like Hannah!!!
Bright: I will smother you with my bare ass cheeks if you say a word about this.

Nina: Jake, I don't care. My best friend lost her husband, Hannah is freaking out, and based on Sam's favorite new word, I'm pretty sure he's been sneaking episodes of Deadwood.

Andy: I'm making some pancakes, you want some?
Ephram: Go to hell!
Andy: That's my boy.

Andy: Look, I'm sorry, guys. I'll make it up to you. I promise I won't cook dinner for a whole week.

Nina: You can shove that chicken where the sun don't shine, Andy.

Ephram: I say we keep walking until we run out of fries.
Amy: You know, we can always buy more fries.

Andy: I have already told you, Harold, I am not attracted to you in that way!

Amy: I love you Ephram.
Ephram: I love you too.
Amy: Yeah?
Ephram: Yeah.
Amy: Cool.

Harold: Think about it, Rose. There could be nephews, miniature little Andy Browns underfoot with pale skin and black clothes! 'Uncle Harry, could I go to the rap concert with Ephram? We're, like, hitchhiking!'

Andy: I run a tight ship.
Nina: So I've noticed. You wanna a cup of coffee?
Andy: Only if it's spiked.

DELIA: It tastes like ****.
[Ephram chokes. Linda grins.]
DR. BROWN: What did you just say?
DELIA: I said, "it tastes like ****."
[Ephram starts laughing loudly. Linda smiles.]
DR. BROWN: All right, you go to your room right now! Ephram, stop laughing! I'm trying. You go to your room, too! Everyone, go to their room this instant!
DELIA: [yelling as she exits] I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
DR. L. ABBOTT: I actually don't have a room here.

Harold: Dreams aren't meant to be understood any more than tragedy can be averted. Life happens to us. We learn to be grateful when things are good, and to count our blessings when things are bad. And the only certainty in all of it is that it all just... keeps happening.

EDNA: Your pops and I shared our first kiss on that bridge. He proposed to me on that bridge. And the day I found out I was pregnant with you, I took him down here and told him. I know you think I got on with things too quick after he was gone, I probably did, but your father's death, Harold, is what made me realize, more than ever, just how valuable our one shot at life is. And I didn't want to miss a second more of it. Anyway, I loved him very much! I wanted you to know that.

EDNA: [interrupting] You just stop right there! Your appendix popped which hurts like hell. Then, someone cut you open while you watched. You never made so much as a peep once through the whole thing. You're a good soldier. Made me proud.
[Edna salutes Bright.]
BRIGHT: Thanks.
EDNA: But, let's get one thing clear. You're under strict orders never to get sick like that again or I will kick your sorry butt myself. Understood?
BRIGHT: No deal.
EDNA: Excuse me?
BRIGHT: I said no deal. Unless you say it again but nicer.
EDNA: You had me worried, kid.
[Bright manages a faint smile.]
EDNA: I almost forgot. You've got a visitor. Come on in, Private.
[Delia walks into the room with a plate of cake.]
DELIA: I brought birthday cake. Can you have it?
BRIGHT: [smiling] Not yet.
DELIA: You really scared us.
BRIGHT: I'm sorry.
DELIA: Don't do it again, OK?
[Bright looks at his grandmother.]
BRIGHT: It's already taken care of.

Greg Berlanti on Everwood:

- We are in a really great era of TV, but I just don’t think there are any other smart, compelling family dramas out there, written at the level of “Everwood.”

- It’s one of the things that ‘Everwood’ -- what makes a great ‘Everwood’ episode is when it makes you laugh and cry, sometimes at the same time.

- [People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real. They’re like friends you check in on.

Just remember one thing: Everwood Colorado. That's where I'll be.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-20-2021 at 04:23 AM
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks Betty for posting it!

Everwood continues to give memories to millions of devoted fans. A heartfelt thank you to Berlanti and Company for giving us such pleasure for four years, and to a wonderful group of actors who brought such memorable characters to life. The energy continues well beyond the four years Everwood was on air.

Everwood and this board will always mean so much to me. I have made many friends over the years and some will be lifelong friendships. In 2005, on this very board, I found my better half, the love of my life with an eternal romantic, spiritual connection. What a gift I have received. I couldn’t ask for more. I will never forget what Everwood has given me… the magic of Everwood.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-20-2021 at 07:56 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

If you want to answer some questions, please go ahead... a few questions came to mind right now:

1. When did you first start watching Everwood and what made you tune in for the first time?
2. What did you first think of Everwood while viewing it for the first time?
3. When did you join the Everwood board and what is the story behind finding the Everwood board?
4. If you are thinking about the show in 20 years, what three main things about the show (storylines, pairings, anything personal that ties you to the show) would you first think of?
5. If you could convince one person to watch Everwood for the first time, in a couple sentences what would you say to the person to get them to tune in?

Last edited by jediwands; 07-20-2021 at 08:19 AM
Old 07-19-2021, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Congrats on half a million posts! That’s awesome. I love this shows d our community here .
Old 07-19-2021, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Congrats on half a million posts! That’s awesome. I love this shows d our community here .
Thanks for your beautiful words in the OP, friend.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-20-2021 at 03:57 AM
Old 07-19-2021, 10:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Great OP and congrats on 500K posts everyone!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Great OP and congrats on 500K posts everyone!
Thank you!
Old 07-20-2021, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

Huge achievement guys! Congratulations! I am sure that the board would continue flourish and soon you will hit another milestone!

I want to specifically congratulate Michelle and Jerry because IMO they make the board the lovely place it is and it is thanks to you guys that you have hit 500K posts.

On more personal note I am thankful for joining this board more than 10 years ago. I met few close friends that I continue to interact with today, I believe that we have grown up and matured together and we are all better and smarter people now that when we were younger. I wish you all (old and new posters) to find those kind of friendships that last as long and even more than mine .
Old 07-20-2021, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

And sorry for the double post but in this specific case I specifically want to separate my message for the board from this discussion. Michelle feel free to merge the two posts if you feel otherwise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)
1. When did you first start watching Everwood and what made you tune in for the first time?
As mentioned I started watching Everwood 10 years ago.

Quote:
Refreshing and different than most other series at its age. I found Ephram as the main male teen being not your typical protagonist. Same could be said about Andy and Amy. Overall I would say that Everwood could have been every other typical network show but it was not. Especially the first season was pure gold in terms of story and characters.

Quote:
3. When did you join the Everwood board and what is the story behind finding the Everwood board?
I believe it was February 2011 (could be wrong about the year, but I am not wrong about the month). It was winter, I was a bit of incapacitated (twisted elbow) and I could not do a lot. I decided to check Everwood because of Greg Smith who I had watched in Rookie blue. I was already registered member thanks to Roswell (Dreamer by heart) so I decided to check out the Everwood board and share my thoughts while watching the series. The rest is a bit of history.

Quote:
4. If you are thinking about the show in 20 years, what three main things about the show (storylines, pairings, anything personal that ties you to the show) would you first think of?
Ugh that's a tough one. 3 things that I found unique or different about Everwood and that I enjoyed:

1. Andy was not your typical hero. Most TV series portray genius surgeons as either perfect people or pure jerks. Andy was neither. He was not a jerk, but he also was not the best human out there. There were issues for him to work on and he genuinely worked on this.
2. Ephram was not your typical teen either. I believe with every other writer or actor, Ephram would have been seen as annoying whiny boy. Ephram was more than that (excluding the whole Madison story and its fall out in Season 3 where he was typical teen guy).
3. For me personally Amy's depression in Season 2 was the best TV depression I have seen written and acted. It was realistic and genuine. I felt bad just witnessing the way Amy felt forgetting that this was just TV show.

Quote:
5. If you could convince one person to watch Everwood for the first time, in a couple sentences what would you say to the person to get them to tune in?
Another tough one. I would say if someone wants to watch quality TV show with refresshing stories and characters, with good writing and acting they could check this show out.

Last edited by secretk; 07-20-2021 at 08:55 AM
secretk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I was over on the Dawson’s Creek board basically battling all the chaos over there, lol. I wish I could say it was a pleasant experience but I’d be lying. However, the one good thing about my time over there was meeting Jerry. It was Jerry who suggested I check out Everwood, a unique series, and very different from Dawson’s Creek.

So I remember taking Jerry’s words to heart and one Sunday landed on the S2 finale in rerun-land. The Ephram/Amy mountain scene was in front of me and I remember being completely transfixed. I couldn’t believe the chemistry, and everything about this perfect scene that allowed my heart to dance and want more. It was the summer before S3 so I scrambled to watch the first two seasons before S3 got started. Boy, what an experience it was. I watched the first two seasons with a childhood friend and she loved the series as well. We continued to watch the rest of the series together when schedules allowed since we were both in college. It was so much fun. I also binge-watched the series with my late mother too. She loathed Madison with a passion and I will never forget this.

I was mesmerized. Truly. I had never seen anything so captivating before in my life. I couldn’t believe the quality and how I felt like Berlanti allowed you to enter the town of Everwood and experience the show up close and personal.

I explained most of this in the first question but it was all Jerry. He suggested I check out Everwood and the moment I did that Sunday afternoon I was already all over the Everwood board.

1. The Ephram/Amy love story.

2. The high quality and uniqueness I have never witnessed on any other show.

3. The enduring friendships and spiritually-based romantic relationship I received as a result of this show and board.

You need to check out the series, Everwood. Guaranteed you haven’t seen anything quite like it. Quality off the charts, acting blows you away, perfect story and journey with a beautiful satisfying series finale ending.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-20-2021 at 08:47 AM
Old 07-20-2021, 08:18 AM
Administrator

This is a wonderful accomplishment everyone, and I'm so proud of this board and the great job that Michelle and Betty have done moderating this board all these years, and I'm so happy to be a regular poster here. This board is my home here at Fan Forum and I really value the friendships that I've made here and I look forward to continuing to post on this board for many years to come.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Huge achievement guys! Congratulations! I am sure that the board would continue flourish and soon you will hit another milestone!

I want to specifically congratulate Michelle and Jerry because IMO they make the board the lovely place it is and it is thanks to you guys that you have hit 500K posts.
Thank you so much, my very good friend!

Quote:
On more personal note I am thankful for joining this board more than 10 years ago. I met few close friends that I continue to interact with today, I believe that we have grown up and matured together and we are all better and smarter people now that when we were younger. I wish you all (old and new posters) to find those kind of friendships that last as long and even more than mine .
Awwww, so well said. Perfectly stated. I am so happy and grateful to have met you on this board. You are one of those enduring friendships I talked about… but you know this already. I will never forget all of our discussions, analysis, and continuing discussions and analysis off the board. INFJ + INTJ works!

Your contribution in general to this board is phenomenal. You are firmly cemented inside the walls of this board. Thank you for everything, as an Everwood fan and most importantly, my dear friend.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-20-2021 at 08:33 AM
Old 07-20-2021, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)
Thank you so much, my very good friend!
I am simply stating facts .

Quote:
Awwww, so well said. Perfectly stated. I am so happy and grateful to have met you on this board. You are one of those enduring friendships I talked about… but you know this already. I will never forget all of our discussions, analysis, and continuing discussions and analysis off the board.
Same . And it does not hurt that we continue having those kind of discussions even now .

Quote:
INFJ + INTJ works!
Well we kind of have proven this more than once .

Quote:
Your contribution in general to this board is phenomenal. You are firmly cemented inside the walls of this board. Thank you for everything, as an Everwood fan and most importantly, my dear friend.
Ah thanks but I have not done a lot! I am long gone so everything you see today is your own efforts to keep this board an awesome place! Have fun and enjoy the next part of your journey to 1 mil!
Old 07-20-2021, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
And sorry for the double post but in this specific case I specifically want to separate my message for the board from this discussion. Michelle feel free to merge the two posts if you feel otherwise!
Never! As always, you’re fine.

Quote:
As mentioned I started watching Everwood 10 years ago.

Refreshing and different than most other series at its age. I found Ephram as the main male teen being not your typical protagonist. Same could be said about Andy and Amy. Overall I would say that Everwood could have been every other typical network show but it was not. Especially the first season was pure gold in terms of story and characters.
Completely agree and your love for Ephram was always so apparent in your thoughts. Loved your analysis of him especially and the show in general over the years!

Quote:
I believe it was February 2011 (could be wrong about the year, but I am not wrong about the month). It was winter, I was a bit of incapacitated (twisted elbow) and I could not do a lot. I decided to check Everwood because of Greg Smith who I had watched in Rookie blue. I was already registered member thanks to Roswell (Dreamer by heart) so I decided to check out the Everwood board and share my thoughts while watching the series. The rest is a bit of history.
That’s right! Did you post a lot on the Roswell board?

Quote:
Ugh that's a tough one. 3 things that I found unique or different about Everwood and that I enjoyed:

1. Andy was not your typical hero. Most TV series portray genius surgeons as either perfect people or pure jerks. Andy was neither. He was not a jerk, but he also was not the best human out there. There were issues for him to work on and he genuinely worked on this.
2. Ephram was not your typical teen either. I believe with every other writer or actor, Ephram would have been seen as annoying whiny boy. Ephram was more than that (excluding the whole Madison story and its fall out in Season 3 where he was typical teen guy).
3. For me personally Amy's depression in Season 2 was the best TV depression I have seen written and acted. It was realistic and genuine. I felt bad just witnessing the way Amy felt forgetting that this was just TV show.

Another tough one. I would say if someone wants to watch quality TV show with regressing stories and characters, with good writing and acting they could check this show out.
Excellent answers!
Old 07-20-2021, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I am simply stating facts .
So nice of you and a very INTJ response.

Quote:
Same . And it does not hurt that we continue having those kind of discussions even now .
… and many more to come!

Quote:
Well we kind of have proven this more than once .

Quote:
Ah thanks but I have not done a lot! I am long gone so everything you see today is your own efforts to keep this board an awesome place! Have fun and enjoy the next part of your journey to 1 mil!
You have! So sweet… and thanks!
Reply   Post New Thread