Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

That's how long it's been since I had the pieces: I've forgotten that they do have a different taste, hee. A bad taste. Once in a blue moon, the peanut butter taste in the cups can get too strong for me, but that was ALWAYS the case with those stupid pieces. They give a bad name to Reese's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief
I've never really had a lot of favorite foods, but I can say that I didn't like tomatoes or sweet potatoes when I was a kid, but came to love both some time during my early adolescence, and I have always loathed coconut. Except for this one granola that I've had it in.
I thought you were a picky eater, though? Don't you have to have favourite foods that you like to eat as a picky eater? Hee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
As for other foods... I honestly was a weird kid in that I adored vegetables back then just as much as I do now. I pretty much have the same taste but my preference is definitely anything that leans toward an Eastern European type of cuisine. Loved it as a little girl and an adult now.
Have you found lots of new foods as you've grown up, the whole broadened your horizons thing? If so, anything you never thought you'd eat as a kid? Hee.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
That's how long it's been since I had the pieces: I've forgotten that they do have a different taste, hee. A bad taste. Once in a blue moon, the peanut butter taste in the cups can get too strong for me, but that was ALWAYS the case with those stupid pieces. They give a bad name to Reese's!
The pieces have such a strong, artificial sweet taste to them. I can barely handle one tiny piece annoying my taste buds so I have no idea how anyone takes them in like water. Ick.

Quote:
Have you found lots of new foods as you've grown up, the whole broadened your horizons thing? If so, anything you never thought you'd eat as a kid? Hee.
LOL. As a kid I grew up on Slovak and Polish food so intensely I almost felt un-American, JK. No, I really did, and that's why I have always had a craving and taste for this style of food. I've liked it for as long as I went off the bottle I think, heh. The vegetable love has maintained but my mom is to be credited for this accomplishment since Michelle had to sit at the table for however long it took to eat them and once that took place, I was free to go and/or get some ice cream! Somehow I just developed a love for veggies after my mom tortured me extensively. LOL. I have never liked seafood and the good news is I was never forced to it either which is ironic since so many in my family love seafood. I definitely have always loved pizza and spaghetti, and yes, I am American so we're talking burgers and ribs and milkshakes. The pizza and pasta love has lessened though because as an adult my weak GI tract has prevented me from ingesting a lot of white flour products without feeling like I have been poisoned so if anything I have gone much more bland as an adult but really with the same cravings I have always had my entire life as a rule.

Oh, and this is a pretty cool story... Betty knows this already, well she knows a girl Alex works with went to NYC a week ago... lets put it this way... this French girl had never been out of France. She is a Marseille native, lives and breathes France/French everything only she does not have the Parisian attitude or stereotype since she is a Southern France native. However, she is definitely one to say the French have some good food and all of that... anyway, first place she had ever gone to out of France was the United States one week ago, NYC. She fell IN LOVE with NYC! Absolutely adored NYC in every way. Also, she said the food was fabulous which was so amazing because you'd have to know her and how she is just, well French, heh. She ate ribs and said it was the best thing she has ever tasted. In France they don't eat ribs AT ALL. This was brand new to her. She ate at a couple restaurants I suggested, even this one breakfast diner that she said was the best breakfast food she has ever eaten before. She was extremely satisfied and impressed with NYC, especially the food and of course everything else, and I found that very interesting as I quickly stated that here in America, we don't just eat hamburgers and fries and other horrible food... we definitely have something to offer in the food department seeing as we are mostly made up of European blood so we brought our customs right along with us. She definitely agreed which I found rocked very hard as well as her love in general for NYC along with stating very clearly she cannot wait to get back here!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I prefer peanut butter cups to Reeses Pieces. There is an ice cream that I love which has mini peanut butter cups in it...yummy. Reeses pieces always remind me of ET.

Michelle....I'm glad that Alex's friend finally got to go. I'm so glad that she enjoyed herself.

Quote:
and I have always loathed coconut.
Have you ever had one of those 7 layer magic cookie bars? I think that if you tried this...you would love coconut.

Quote:
Have you found lots of new foods as you've grown up, the whole broadened your horizons thing?
I have found that everything that I eat now is an addition to my horizon. I wasn't kidding earlier. I was such a pain in the ass as a child....so fussy. Now, I eat mostly everything....all fruits (except for fresh figs...I prefer them dried)....all vegetables (except for lima beans and okra)....meats, seafood, ethnic food.

Quote:
Now I eat venison, moose, elk, caribou
I want to know how you get moose and caribou in Arkansas.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Have you ever had one of those 7 layer magic cookie bars? I think that if you tried this...you would love coconut.
Eh, not a fan of cookie/cakey/things of that nature. And unless that repulsive stringy shredded coconut texture is eliminated, I doubt they'd do a thing to change my mind.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I want to know how you get moose and caribou in Arkansas.
ROFL!!! Hubby has an uncle that gets invited on hunting trips up north, he usually gets whatever he goes after but his wife doesn't care for wild game so we benefit. I honestly don't know that we would have had red meat for most of the year last year if it weren't for the moose and caribou he gave us.

Elk is the best though. Mmmmmm.

Oh, and candy, we're discussing candy - love Reese's (cups, totally agree about those nasty Reese's Pieces), Twix, Snickers, Baby Ruth, Almond Joy, Peanut M&Ms....pretty much anything that's chocolate with "stuff" in it, I like. Not crazy about Peppermint Patties or 3 Musketeers, but like most everything else.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Also, she said the food was fabulous which was so amazing because you'd have to know her and how she is just, well French, heh. She ate ribs and said it was the best thing she has ever tasted. In France they don't eat ribs AT ALL. This was brand new to her.
No ribs??!! The French are missing out! Heh. No wonder Alex's friend loved them. They are the best! Hee. Of course, they've got so much other great food to make up for the no rib thing, but still!

I'm finding it hilarious that we're all united against the Reese's Pieces candies. I've never met anyone who likes them. They must be like those chalky Valentine heart candies with the words on them that nobody likes, but yet they somehow people still buy 'em! Does anyone like those here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I have found that everything that I eat now is an addition to my horizon. I wasn't kidding earlier. I was such a pain in the ass as a child....so fussy. Now, I eat mostly everything....all fruits (except for fresh figs...I prefer them dried)....all vegetables (except for lima beans and okra)....meats, seafood, ethnic food.
That's great! I was the same way as you were as a kid even two years ago, but I've blossomed. Food is just too good to limit myself too too much. There's still lots I won't eat or don't like, but I'm learning that even if something doesn't taste good once, doesn't mean it will never taste good. There are ways to improve pretty much any food. And ketchup is a big one, heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 04-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
No ribs??!! The French are missing out! Heh. No wonder Alex's friend loved them. They are the best! Hee. Of course, they've got so much other great food to make up for the no rib thing, but still!
Heh, exactly. And yes, no ribs. Such a shame! LOL. The French don't even use barbecue sauce. Now, granted, they have the high class white wine/mushroom/cheese sauces that melt in your mouth but yes, they don't do barbecue sauce. I send Alex and her family Famous Dave's Barbecue sauce all the time and they go nuts over it, putting it on so many different foods. I really get a kick out of the differences in culture!

Quote:

Michelle....I'm glad that Alex's friend finally got to go. I'm so glad that she enjoyed herself.
She really did. Remember the two people she was going with who had to delay the trip? They all ended up going together but she is not close friends with them (very casual) so she mostly enjoyed and experienced NYC on her own even if she was with them if that makes sense. Alex and I are meeting in NYC in Septemberish (I'll be in France before then, hopefully two times before then) and she told Anne, her co-worker this bit of news to which Anne said she will pack her bags and tag along with us! Alex got nervous knowing she was dead serious since she just wants it to be the two of us so I told Alex that serves her right, she needs to shut her mouth sometimes. LOL. Anyway, I love how this France native in her co-worker who is very difficult to please at times was quite taken by NYC, heh.

Oh back to Reece's Peanut Butter Cups... the best way to eat them? Put them in the freezer for about an hour and the peanut butter tastes so awesome that way.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-09-2010 at 03:17 PM
Old 04-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

That is so funny about Alex's co-worker! Great she likes NYC and doesn't feel our food is vomit-inducing.

So what happened when she told Alex she wants to join you guys? Are you stuck or will Alex get out of it? Hilarious, heh!

Oh, it's Reeces CUPS for me too. Pieces taste like crap. It's not even peanut butter and there's no chocolate! Reece's messed up with their Pieces, man!

As for my diet... it sucks a lot! It really does. I eat everything in sight that is greasy. I love my meat, I don't eat enough vegetables, and I eat way too many sweets! I feel that I am like a Lorelai Gilmore in that I can get away with it since my metabolism is good (thankfully or else I would be as wide as a house) but I don't have a good diet to say the least and Law School is certainly not helping the cause either since I eat junk food, fast food more and more! I also have Irish blood and I dig Irish food but I only get it when I go home since I cannot cook, bake in the least bit. Whoever I end up with romantically better not expect me to be good in the kitchen or else they will be thoroughly disappointed.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Heh, exactly. And yes, no ribs. Such a shame! LOL. The French don't even use barbecue sauce. Now, granted, they have the high class white wine/mushroom/cheese sauces that melt in your mouth but yes, they don't do barbecue sauce. I send Alex and her family Famous Dave's Barbecue sauce all the time and they go nuts over it, putting it on so many different foods. I really get a kick out of the differences in culture!
Do they put those white wine/mushroom/cheese sauces on beef as well? It would definitely be something we'd have to get used to in America, heh. No ribs, no barbecue sauce. I would be lost.

Quote:
Oh back to Reece's Peanut Butter Cups... the best way to eat them? Put them in the freezer for about an hour and the peanut butter tastes so awesome that way.
Huh. Never tried that one. Where did you get that idea? Accidentally leave them in the freezer? Hee. I'll totally try that out next time!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Do they put those white wine/mushroom/cheese sauces on beef as well?
Yes, they do.

There are so many French sauces to date it would take forever to talk about all of them even though it might be fun, heh.

Anyway, check out this link and click on the above sauces at the top of the page to get a sample of the endless sauces they own in France.

sauces

Quote:
It would definitely be something we'd have to get used to in America, heh. No ribs, no barbecue sauce. I would be lost.
I know!

It was hilarious knowing that her co-worker comes from France, home of FOOD, yet she couldn't wait to try a hamburger, ribs, french fries, a milk shake, barbecue sauce from the States and the best part is she absolutely loved every minute of it!

Quote:
Huh. Never tried that one. Where did you get that idea? Accidentally leave them in the freezer? Hee. I'll totally try that out next time!
LOL! Just insane me for whatever reason (insanity I guess) throwing them in the freezer to see how the peanut butter would taste a little more "chilled" and my experiment seemed to be a success because it brought out the peanut butter flavor all the more and combined with the chocolate, it tasted quite good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
So what happened when she told Alex she wants to join you guys? Are you stuck or will Alex get out of it? Hilarious, heh!
Well, Alex sort of laughed and then tried to change the subject really quickly, heh. I told Alex it would be perfectly fine if Anne came along but her response was cold, pretty much indicating I attempted to stab her in the heart with that suggestion (I was attempting to be nice!) so I quickly suggested that I stay out of it and she handle the situation on her own which I believe she appreciated those words very much. LOL.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yum. And you should also try frozen peanut M&Ms....hard, crunchy, yummy.

Quote:
she is not close friends with them (very casual) so she mostly enjoyed and experienced NYC on her own even if she was with them if that makes sense.
There was just one thing missing from her trip.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yum. And you should also try frozen peanut M&Ms....hard, crunchy, yummy.
Ohhhh yeah! You just listed my second favorite candy of all time... I LOVE peanut M&Ms. Mmm, I definitely have to toss them into the freezer. Thank you for the tip.

Quote:
There was just one thing missing from her trip.
LOL Absolutely but it was probably for the best because Michelle was very jealous of that scenario since that particular male seemed absolutely awesome.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

It's funny that we've been mentioning putting candies in the freezer, because I accidentally left a Caramilk chocolate egg in the fridge. It was pretty damn good cold. Not frozen, though. I still have to try that one. I did buy a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup pack today after the discussion, though. I saw it in the supermarket, and all this talk just made me pick one up. So, I'll try one of the three cups in the freezer. I also like them a little warm, so they're really soft and partially melted.

Have you tried those French sauces on beef, Michelle? I just can't imagine it. I'd be really interested in trying 'em out.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So, I'll try one of the three cups in the freezer
You've got to add them to your bowl of ice cream. That will freeze them.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's funny that we've been mentioning putting candies in the freezer, because I accidentally left a Caramilk chocolate egg in the fridge. It was pretty damn good cold. Not frozen, though. I still have to try that one. I did buy a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup pack today after the discussion, though. I saw it in the supermarket, and all this talk just made me pick one up. So, I'll try one of the three cups in the freezer. I also like them a little warm, so they're really soft and partially melted.
LOL about buying Reeces! My dad loves eating them really soft and somewhat melted too. Definitely try them frozen though and see what you think.

Quote:
Have you tried those French sauces on beef, Michelle? I just can't imagine it. I'd be really interested in trying 'em out.
Yes, I have and it was all about yummmmmy. I never thought I'd like it either since it's just such a new thing culturally but everything I tried was mouth-watering. I think it's the combination of the amazing cut of beef (France's beef is so outstanding) combined with the delicious sauces so it was the whole nine yards. Very, very good.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-10-2010 at 05:37 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread