Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Master Fan

That's so cute and hilarious, Taryn! Peep day, heh. Get a glowing review of peeps from your youngest so we can know what an actual Peep fan thinks of 'em.

Did your husband get any for him?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One thing about Peeps. They're not bad when they're fresh...but...don't ever let them get stale. It's like eating marshmellow flavored cardboard.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Hubby scored several boxes of Peeps today, in an assortment of colors. Kids are very happy.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Master Fan

That does not sound like a good mix at all, heh.

Random question time! What was your favourite food as a kid? Is it still your favourite food now?

ETA: Great news, Taryn! Happy and on a sugar rush? Hee.

ETA2: Looks like we both double posted. Is FF going REALLY slowly for anyone else tonight? It's really annoying sometimes how I have to wait two minutes to see if I a post went through, only to find out it didn't and then having to wait even more time to send it again. Bah.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."

Last edited by 'Tos; 04-05-2010 at 09:39 PM
Old 04-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Hubby scored several boxes of Peeps today, in an assortment of colors. Kids are very happy.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Addicted Fan

LOL both of us posted the same thing twice Tos. Must have been a board glitch.

Random question time! What was your favourite food as a kid? Is it still your favourite food now?

Ooh, good question! I have to answer with an assortment of foods, because there's never been ONE THING that is my favorite.

But, to list a few -

Pizza, still love it
Roast beef with potatoes, onions, carrots, still love it
Broccoli, still love it
Biscuits and gravy, still love it
Hamburgers, didn't care for as a kid, love them now
Green beans, hated as a kid, like them now IF they're cooked right

You know, I'm trying to think of something that I loved as a kid that I DON'T care for anymore, and I really can't think of anything. Well, I used to could eat hot dogs cold as a kid and the thought of that makes me gag now.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Master Fan

Cold hotdogs????

And who doesn't like pizza? Hee. Impossible! My favourites as a kid that I still love are pizza, ribs and chicken strips, spaghetti and linguini. Probably a few more pastas, actually. I could still live on pastas and chicken strips if I had to, heh.

But I'm glad you brought up what you didn't like that you do now! I've definitely started to broaden my horizons more and more. Most veggies, especially, that I didn't like as a kid (of course, hee), I do now.

Anyone else for the question(s)?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have definitely broadened my horizons when it comes to food!! As a kid I was extremely fussy. If I was at someone else's house...and I didn't like what was made? I would get scrambled eggs!! That was always safe.

My favorite candy? Tootsie Rolls.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh yeah, my horizons got broadened a great deal, especially after I started dating hubby. His family ate things I wouldn't have touched as a child, and I learned to live with it.

Now I eat venison, moose, elk, caribou, fish, lots of veggies that I didn't like as a kid, salad with something other than Ranch on it, guacamole, Chinese food.....all sorts of things.

(OMG, I literally typed "ass sorts of things" up there and barely caught it before I posted. ROFLMAO. What a Freudian slip.)
Old 04-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
(OMG, I literally typed "ass sorts of things" up there and barely caught it before I posted. ROFLMAO. What a Freudian slip.)
I guess your favorite type of roast is a Rump Roast.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

Ohh, I was very fussy with vegetables when I was a kid. When we used to go to restaurants, I would get a toasted bacon sandwich and we would joke it was a BLT without the L and the T, so just a B, heh. I'm so glad that I grew out of that one! Ls and Ts are good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I guess your favorite type of roast is a Rump Roast.
Hiyo!

Hmm, Tootsie Rolls! I'd have to go with a Mars bar as my favourite candy, personally.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Favorite candy for me is Reeces. I grew up on those. But Swiss chocolate is my new thing now. Wow. Now that is chocolate. Alex keeps my family and I well stocked with both French and Swiss chocolate along with Italian coffee straight from Italy. I knew there was a reason why I am so close with her.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Are the Reese's peanut butter cups or the little candies your favourite, Michelle? Even though it's the same taste, I've always love the peanut butter cups, and hated the little candies. I can't even explain it! Heh.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

Well, they are pretty different -- the cups have chocolate, the candies are just fake peanut butter with a hard candy shell. Whole different vibe. (Pro PBC on the Reese's pseudo-debate here. It even used to be my FF party screenname. Though it's been, like, three years since I've eaten one. )

I've never really had a lot of favorite foods, but I can say that I didn't like tomatoes or sweet potatoes when I was a kid, but came to love both some time during my early adolescence, and I have always loathed coconut. Except for this one granola that I've had it in.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Heh, I love the discussion.

Cups for me. Absolutely. The little pieces are horrible. How ET ate them, I will never know.

Back to the real thing.... CUPS. My maternal Grandfather bought me a Reeces whenever we would head to the grocery store together every Saturday morning. Sometimes he just bought six packs which made my eyes light up but no matter what, I had a Reeces in my hand at the check out counter!

As for other foods... I honestly was a weird kid in that I adored vegetables back then just as much as I do now. I pretty much have the same taste but my preference is definitely anything that leans toward an Eastern European type of cuisine. Loved it as a little girl and an adult now.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread