Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Everwood Food & Recipe Thread: The Sequel

YOUR FAVORITE FOODS AND RECIPES HERE

Old Thread
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 07-19-2010 at 09:13 PM
Old 04-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Master Fan

After THREE recommendations, chocolate covered strawberries are definitely on my to try list. The day after I got a filling in. Thanks very much Betty, Thief, Taryn, for tempting me with chocolate!!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 04-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Question: How many of you single or married posters still get an Easter Basket from your parents?
If so.....what do you like it to contain?
Old 04-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Question: How many of you single or married posters still get an Easter Basket from your parents?
If so.....what do you like it to contain?
I think my brother and I will probably get one each. Not really a basket, but some chocolate eggs.

Do you still get one, Betty? Or give them? Or what made you ask that? Hee.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I asked that because I was debating whether to stop or continue. I guess we're all kids forever when it comes to stuff like that! No....I no longer get a basket. But if I did.....it would have to contain milk chocolate.....Cadbury eggs.....and black jelly beans. I even ask my students to bring in the black jelly beans if they don't like them.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

I received Easter baskets up until probably this year (which is to say, my mother offered to pay for one particular thing that I really wanted in lieu of giving me random small things that I don't need), but candy/food has never really been much of a component... If there was any, it might be the spring-colored M&Ms, or those Cadbury hard-shell Mini Eggs (not to be confused with the creme eggs), or more likely Ghirardelli 60% chocolate chips, because I'm more inclined to those than to candy-candy, hee.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

I don't see any harm in continuing, Betty. It's a fun tradition at any age. Plus, you can always sneak some black jelly beans! Oh, you've got me in a jelly bean mood now, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief
or those Cadbury hard-shell Mini Eggs (not to be confused with the creme eggs)
Yes! Those mini-eggs are what Easter is to me. I've never liked the creme ones. Much too sweet for me.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

I don't see any harm in continuing, Betty. It's a fun tradition at any age. Plus, you can always sneak some black jelly beans! Oh, you've got me in a jelly bean mood now, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief
or those Cadbury hard-shell Mini Eggs (not to be confused with the creme eggs)
Yes! Those mini-eggs are what Easter is to me. I've never liked the creme ones. Much too sweet for me.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Addicted Fan

We never really did Easter baskets in my family, so I'm no help. I even make my kids wait until the after-Easter clearance sales for Peeps and Cadbury eggs, I'm such a meanie.

But, I say continue the tradition! No reason not to. How old are your kids? As they get older (like, tweens and teens) you can always move into more age appropriate gifts - gift cards, new music, stuff like that.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn
We never really did Easter baskets in my family, so I'm no help. I even make my kids wait until the after-Easter clearance sales for Peeps and Cadbury eggs, I'm such a meanie.
Hee, but you've gotten them used to it by now, yes? So a successful meanie!

I've always wanted to try a Peep. I've heard so much about them from you Americans.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I've always wanted to try a Peep. I've heard so much about them from you Americans.
...You've not missed much. Heh.

I only ever tried one once, out of curiosity that arose from an astoundingly bizarre source: there was a running joke on the Roswell Funniest Screencaps thread about one of the characters being obsessed with Peeps. Man, that thread rocked back in the day. (I created an ongoing storyline in which that same character discovered he was the progeny of Fox Mulder and Martha Stewart. And another character hallucinated about purple gummy bears. And girlfriend of purple gummy bear dude had to fend off a romantically-obsessed and dangerous Alf.)

(...That was a random nostalgic tangent. )

I think I mainly just said all that, aside from getting weirdly excited, as part of an excuse to post this little Peeps-centric link. 'Tos, there's one TV show-themed entry in particular that you really need to look out for.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
How old are your kids? As they get older (like, tweens and teens) you can always move into more age appropriate gifts - gift cards, new music, stuff like that.
Let's just say that they're old enough for more age appropriate gifts.

Quote:
.You've not missed much. Heh.
No....you haven't. You're better off with the chocolate covered strawberries.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Addicted Fan

ROFL, yeah, the best part about Peeps is the novelty of them. As far as taste...meh. There's just nothing there.

What did everyone eat for dinner today? I made a ham in the crockpot (which ended up being more like a pork roast than a ham, but was still tasty) and scalloped potatoes in a different crockpot, and then threw steamfresh bags of peas and broccoli in the microwave. Yummy and ready to eat within ten minutes of getting home!

Oh and a pecan pie for dessert.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

So, like, what separates a peep from a marshmallow? I think we do have them up here, but I've never seen one, tasted one, or heard anyone who's ever done either, uh, either. Maybe we just call them by something else. Peepehs? Because I do like marshmallows. Is that how you spell that word? It's not mellow? Stop correcting me, Firefox! Have I just been mispronouncing it this whole time? Because that would make sense.

Um, anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn
What did everyone eat for dinner today? I made a ham in the crockpot (which ended up being more like a pork roast than a ham, but was still tasty) and scalloped potatoes in a different crockpot, and then threw steamfresh bags of peas and broccoli in the microwave. Yummy and ready to eat within ten minutes of getting home!
Hmm, sounds delicious, Taryn! I'm going to take some of the ham, please, hee.

We had lamb, which I'm not a big fan of but it was still good, roasted potatoes, baby carrots, yams and cauliflower. Those roasted potatoes made my DAY! SO good. Haven't had them like that for ages, and I suggested it (yeah, that's all I did because I'm awful) and they were exactly how I imagined them. Baby carrots were bloody tasty too.

No dessert yet, so I'm going to take some of that pecan pie too, Taryn.

What about everyone else?

ETA:

Quote:
I think I mainly just said all that, aside from getting weirdly excited, as part of an excuse to post this little Peeps-centric link. 'Tos, there's one TV show-themed entry in particular that you really need to look out for.
Eep! The lawnmower scene! I knew it would be, and I still excited when it came up, heh. I liked the Eep one at the beginning too. That's just impressive.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
So, like, what separates a peep from a marshmallow?
A Peep is a shaped marshmallow (which, yes, is the correct spelling LOL) which is dusted with colored sugar and is stamped with a face design. Here is the official website, which has a virtual tour of their factory. I like marshmallows in stuff, but not really alone, which is why I'm not crazy about Peeps.

My kids however.... In fact, my youngest this morning, when I went to wake them up for school, rolled out of bed bright and chipper (very unusual ) and exclaimed "It's PEEP DAY!!!!" I sure hope hubby can find some on clearance today.