Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2018, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I wonder when she said that anyways? Those fans would probably ignore that anyways. Yep, his actions after those speeches made it clear that he didn't truly mean what he has saying.
Definitely.

I'm not sure? I wonder if Leigh might know. She's the one that directed me to the quote in her thread so she might knew when it was said. But then again, it could have happened when past mods were around.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Definitely.

I'm not sure? I wonder if Leigh might know. She's the one that directed me to the quote in her thread so she might knew when it was said. But then again, it could have happened when past mods were around.
Yeah, I would expect that quote was there before Leigh became mod

Last edited by stlavin95; 02-14-2018 at 03:14 PM
Old 02-13-2018, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
They really did. When you have time (if you haven’t already) go back to season 5 episode discussion threads on your board and they’re loaded with BL and/or Brooke Stan’s all acting like Lindsey was a princess (even though the actress as we know basically inferred Lindsey was devious) and Peyton was the devil... they either supported Angie/Brooke/Lucas as a happy family lol or were all in on Lucas/Lindsey. It was so damn funny. Completely obvious why they were going there. The best comments are the ones selling Lindsey as this precious angel. Load of BS.
Well, I watched Season Five and I felt that Mark purposely made Peyton look bad in that season. I actually liked Brooke as a character that season (not as a love interest for Luke per se but as a character) and I was indifferent to Lindsay.

One thing I didn't like though was in Lucas' "dream" about each character is that Brooke was depicted as putting Lucas second to her store in his dream of her, and from what I saw that season, I didn't think that would have been true. In Season Five at least, Brooke seemed like a very nice person.

I did think that it was totally unfair of Lucas to break up with Peyton because she didn't want to get married right after college, and then he tried to hook up with Brooke again in the aftermath of his breakup with Peyton but she wisely turned him down.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-13-2018, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Well, I watched Season Five and I felt that Mark purposely made Peyton look bad in that season. I actually liked Brooke as a character that season (not as a love interest for Luke per se but as a character) and I was indifferent to Lindsay.

One thing I didn't like though was in Lucas' "dream" about each character is that Brooke was depicted as putting Lucas second to her store in his dream of her, and from what I saw that season, I didn't think that would have been true. In Season Five at least, Brooke seemed like a very nice person.

I did think that it was totally unfair of Lucas to break up with Peyton because she didn't want to get married right after college, and then he tried to hook up with Brooke again in the aftermath of his breakup with Peyton but she wisely turned him down.
I think the way he wrote Peyton and Lucas that season shows you what he thought of both actors by that way and it wouldn't be surprise me if they were both getting punished for something they called Mark out on.

The funny thing about that part in their dream was Lucas spending their whole relationship putting everything else first and Brooke second.

Agreed, but yet again I always thought that OOC for Lucas to do that and it's something he would have never done in the first 4 seasons.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah, I would expect that quote was there before Leigh became mod ;nod:
I think so too.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)

I can’t wait for you to see seasons 1-4 because you’ll get the dynamics as a whole. Like Samuel said... the funny thing about that part of the dream was Lucas spending their whole relationship putting everyone and everything else first and Brooke second.

Brooke was smart enough to know in that flashback when Lucas tried to hook up with her he was merely attempting to use her for comfort as he was still totally in love with Peyton. The story of BL from day 1 was Lucas not facing reality, hiding out with Brooke but never emotionally available or willing to take their relationship seriously.

Mark must have been upset that his advances towards Hilarie didn’t work because you are so right about him going out of his way to make Peyton look bad in season 5. The break up in LA reminded me of Madisongate and the EA break up. Like EA, LP proved in spades for one year that they worked as a couple just like EA season 3. They needed something big to break them up while making Luke look bad for bailing just like Ephram did. At least on Everwood Ephram took responsibility for his bad behavior when he returned from Europe. On OTH, Luke skated while Peyton was made to look bad... when she didn’t do anything wrong!
Old 02-14-2018, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think the way he wrote Peyton and Lucas that season shows you what he thought of both actors by that way and it wouldn't be surprise me if they were both getting punished for something they called Mark out on.

The funny thing about that part in their dream was Lucas spending their whole relationship putting everything else first and Brooke second.

Agreed, but yet again I always thought that OOC for Lucas to do that and it's something he would have never done in the first 4 seasons.
Goes right along with my EA and LP parallel. Ephram laughing at Amy not seeing a forever, breaking up with her, leaving her for Europe (even with her mom diagnosed with cancer) was just as out of character and weird as Lucas throwing a fit in LA, breaking up with Peyton and bailing on her.

EA and LP were both THE romantic stories of Everwood and OTH. Once both pairings got together you knew everything fit like a glove. They were perfect! EM and BL were the joke relationships. As a result, Berlanti and Mark needed Madisongate and LA marriage thing, two over the top scenarios with both Ephram and Lucas to act out of character in order to split the main pairings of EA and LP temporarily. They were too solid to break up in any other way. It had to be over the top BS.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I can’t wait for you to see seasons 1-4 because you’ll get the dynamics as a whole. Like Samuel said... the funny thing about that part of the dream was Lucas spending their whole relationship putting everyone and everything else first and Brooke second.

Brooke was smart enough to know in that flashback when Lucas tried to hook up with her he was merely attempting to use her for comfort as he was still totally in love with Peyton. The story of BL from day 1 was Lucas not facing reality, hiding out with Brooke but never emotionally available or willing to take their relationship seriously.

Mark must have been upset that his advances towards Hilarie didn’t work because you are so right about him going out of his way to make Peyton look bad in season 5. The break up in LA reminded me of Madisongate and the EA break up. Like EA, LP proved in spades for one year that they worked as a couple just like EA season 3. They needed something big to break them up while making Luke look bad for bailing just like Ephram did. At least on Everwood Ephram took responsibility for his bad behavior when he returned from Europe. On OTH, Luke skated while Peyton was made to look bad... when she didn’t do anything wrong!
I wonder if something happened between Chad and Mark for Lucas to get written that way since I don't buy anyone would like an actor and write them their character as badly and OOC as S5 Lucas was.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Goes right along with my EA and LP parallel. Ephram laughing at Amy not seeing a forever, breaking up with her, leaving her for Europe (even with her mom diagnosed with cancer) was just as out of character and weird as Lucas throwing a fit in LA, breaking up with Peyton and bailing on her.

EA and LP were both THE romantic stories of Everwood and OTH. Once both pairings got together you knew everything fit like a glove. They were perfect! EM and BL were the joke relationships. As a result, Berlanti and Mark needed Madisongate and LA marriage thing, two over the top scenarios with both Ephram and Lucas to act out of character in order to split the main pairings of EA and LP temporarily. They were too solid to break up in any other way. It had to be over the top BS.
What annoys be the most about the LA proposal situation was that Mark could have easily chosen to broken them up over the distance, but started not too for some reason other to make Luke's character look as horrible as it possible could be.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I wonder if something happened between Chad and Mark for Lucas to get written that way since I don't buy anyone would like an actor and write them their character as badly and OOC as S5 Lucas was.
Especially your leading male character too.

I bet something happened. I really wish we knew what took place but something had to have happened. There is a reason why Chad left when he did too. I am sure he didn't like how Lucas was written but I believe there was way more to it. He left for a specific reason. Also, how Mark wrote Lucas when Chad returned in that season 9 episode was pathetic too. He separated him from everyone except for Joy/Haley. It was so obvious Mark went out of his way in an attempt to humiliate CMM.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
What annoys be the most about the LA proposal situation was that Mark could have easily chosen to broken them up over the distance, but started not too for some reason other to make Luke's character look as horrible as it possible could be.
Exactly. Distance would have been just fine. They could have broken up on friendly terms... life was going in different directions and the long distance was tough... so they split. It happens ALL the time actually, even to relationships that have deep love. It would have made sense. Instead, Mark went out of his way to make Lucas look bad. Then it was Peyton's turn to look bad in season 5 with Lucas still looking lame making the same mistakes as before... he ran with Brooke, then it was Lindsey. I will bet both Chad and Hilarie were on Mark's sht list in season 5.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

If/when you watch Everwood you will see how Ephram does look out of character/not wonderful at the end of season 3. He bails and goes to Europe. However, in the premiere of 4, Berlanti was on a mission to 1) Get EA back on track and 2) Fix Ephram's out of character behavior and get him back to the real Ephram.

Both happened very quickly. In other words, it was obvious Berlanti had nothing against Greg/Ephram in the least. He cared about his main male character and you saw it throughout 98% of the series. Same with his leading female, EVC, as Amy.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
If/when you watch Everwood you will see how Ephram does look out of character/not wonderful at the end of season 3. He bails and goes to Europe. However, in the premiere of 4, Berlanti was on a mission to 1) Get EA back on track and 2) Fix Ephram's out of character behavior and get him back to the real Ephram.

Both happened very quickly. In other words, it was obvious Berlanti had nothing against Greg/Ephram in the least. He cared about his main male character and you saw it throughout 98% of the series. Same with his leading female, EVC, as Amy.
I completely agree that Ephram acted out of character and quite horribly at the end of Season Three, but I wish that they had gotten Ephram and Amy back together faster in Season Four, but obviously no one knew that we wouldn't be getting a Season Five. In the context of what had happened, I don't blame Amy at all for not wanting to get back together with Ephram for some time after he treated her so horribly and unfairly in the aftermath of Madisongate (which I still don't understand. Why blame Amy for what Madison and Andy had done?) but because the show was cancelled, we only got to see Ephram and Amy reunite in the very last scene in the very last episode of the show, and I'll always be disappointed about that. Like I've said before, the only thing that I didn't like about the otherwise perfect Ferris Wheel scene was when Amy said "I know it's my fault and I hope that you can forgive me" because it wasn't her fault, and there was nothing for him to forgive. Side note: I just watched that scene to make sure I had the words right and I started crying! That scene gets me every time!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-15-2018, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Especially your leading male character too.

I bet something happened. I really wish we knew what took place but something had to have happened. There is a reason why Chad left when he did too. I am sure he didn't like how Lucas was written but I believe there was way more to it. He left for a specific reason. Also, how Mark wrote Lucas when Chad returned in that season 9 episode was pathetic too. He separated him from everyone except for Joy/Haley. It was so obvious Mark went out of his way in an attempt to humiliate CMM.
Yeah, I wonder if we will ever find out what happened there or not. I do remember Chad saying something about how he didn't like how Lucas got written in that episode at all.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Exactly. Distance would have been just fine. They could have broken up on friendly terms... life was going in different directions and the long distance was tough... so they split. It happens ALL the time actually, even to relationships that have deep love. It would have made sense. Instead, Mark went out of his way to make Lucas look bad. Then it was Peyton's turn to look bad in season 5 with Lucas still looking lame making the same mistakes as before... he ran with Brooke, then it was Lindsey. I will bet both Chad and Hilarie were on Mark's sht list in season 5.
Maybe not completely friendly since I did still want some angst in season 5 lol. Yep, it really sucks that Mark did that to both characters in season 5, especially since I never thought that Lucas completely recovered from the damage they did to his character imo.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread