Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2018, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Hahahah

That's definitely true, but at the same time that change in Nathan's character should have taken a lot longer imo.
Agreed. Really should have.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ok I do accept LP and I do like chase/mia right now in season 6. I want happiness for Chase. If he cant be with brooke, someone else. I do not like mouth with millie more with gigi out of anyone.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
ok I do accept LP and I do like chase/mia right now in season 6. I want happiness for Chase. If he cant be with brooke, someone else. I do not like mouth with millie more with gigi out of anyone.
I wish they would have kept the story of Brooke and Chase alive. I could have supported this pairing. They could have slowly worked their way back together after the time jump. Mark was obviously okay with them ending the series together when the finale of 4 aired and they weren't sure if there was going to be a season 5. So why not keep the story going when they received season 5? I don't get it.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I wish they would have kept the story of Brooke and Chase alive. I could have supported this pairing. They could have slowly worked their way back together after the time jump. Mark was obviously okay with them ending the series together when the finale of 4 aired and they weren't sure if there was going to be a season 5. So why not keep the story going when they received season 5? I don't get it.
I believe that in Season 5 Mark still wanted to hint at the B/L/P triangle and for this he needed Brooke single. Also I am 100 % sure that he had always wanted to have this flashback episode where everyone thinks that Lucas proposed to Brooke. This was another reason why he wanted her single.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I believe that in Season 5 Mark still wanted to hint at the B/L/P triangle and for this he needed Brooke single. Also I am 100 % sure that he had always wanted to have this flashback episode where everyone thinks that Lucas proposed to Brooke. This was another reason why he wanted her single.
You could be right. If so, no idea what Mark would have been thinking.

Brooke and Lucas were 100% done by the end of season 3/beginning of season 4. Their entire mutual speech about not having a magnificent love during their break up made them completely final. Both times they were romantically involved, we viewed how wrong they were for each other. It was like seeing Ephram/Madison on the screen... after they finally broke up for good at the end of season 3/beginning of season 4... their words made it final. From that point forward, Nathan/Peyton stood a better chance of reuniting and we know that was never happening. I actually felt sorry for Brooke/Lucas fans during their conversion because they told the audience they were never meant to last and were done for good. There was not one hint of Brooke/Lucas after their break up at the end of season 3/beginning of season 4. Season 4 was totally Lucas/Peyton in love. Season 5 was Lucas running. But not one ounce of a hint of Brooke/Lucas. As a result, making Brooke an option at the end of season 5 was a sad joke, lol. It was insulting to the story and Brooke/Lucas fans who accepted how done they were. Also... when we see Lucas going to Brooke after the break up with Peyton in season 5 it was another punch to Brooke/Lucas as it proved Brooke was always a choice for Lucas he never took seriously and didn't truly love. Lucas even tells Jamie he was never in love with Brooke in so many words.

So if Mark was trying to keep the triangle open at the end of season 4 he was delusional about his own writing stating otherwise. Brooke/Lucas were 100% done at the end of season 3.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Agreed. Really should have.
Yep, definitely
Old 02-12-2018, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I think he thought that was the best way to keep the BL fans watching the show around that time but he didn't wrap his head around how much more that would piss them when it was revealed it was fake (but tbf, there was nothing romantic about their scenes). It helped that the actor who was playing Owen couldn't come back after the writers strike and that he would have also had an chance to tear down Luke's character even more.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i want brooke/chase back. I'm rewatching season 7.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
i want brooke/chase back. I'm rewatching season 7.
I feel for you, lol. I just didn't like season 7 much. Season 8 was pretty awful too, lol.

Season 9 at least improved somewhat.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think he thought that was the best way to keep the BL fans watching the show around that time but he didn't wrap his head around how much more that would piss them when it was revealed it was fake (but tbf, there was nothing romantic about their scenes). It helped that the actor who was playing Owen couldn't come back after the writers strike and that he would have also had an chance to tear down Luke's character even more.
Exactly. If you read his interviews, he is all LP and doesn't give hope to BL fans. Like, in his head there is no way he was thinking BL stood a chance. The writing is proof. Like I said, their break up scene is so final. I don't remember ever seeing a more final break up scene. They are comparing themselves to a great love (Whitey and his wife) saying they've never had that and will never have that. I mean, how much more crystal clear does it have to be their relationship never had enough substance and never will. It was final. I believe most BL fans actually understood as much. Which is why so many went for LL... they figured their ship was blown up so they didn't want LP to win and LL was a way to get there.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Exactly. If you read his interviews, he is all LP and doesn't give hope to BL fans. Like, in his head there is no way he was thinking BL stood a chance. The writing is proof. Like I said, their break up scene is so final. I don't remember ever seeing a more final break up scene. They are comparing themselves to a great love (Whitey and his wife) saying they've never had that and will never have that. I mean, how much more crystal clear does it have to be their relationship never had enough substance and never will. It was final. I believe most BL fans actually understood as much. Which is why so many went for LL... they figured their ship was blown up so they didn't want LP to win and LL was a way to get there.
He was trying to lead them more really and it doesn't surprise me some BL fans shipped LL to keep LP apart.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He was trying to lead them more really and it doesn't surprise me some BL fans shipped LL to keep LP apart.
They really did. When you have time (if you haven’t already) go back to season 5 episode discussion threads on your board and they’re loaded with BL and/or Brooke Stan’s all acting like Lindsey was a princess (even though the actress as we know basically inferred Lindsey was devious) and Peyton was the devil... they either supported Angie/Brooke/Lucas as a happy family lol or were all in on Lucas/Lindsey. It was so damn funny. Completely obvious why they were going there. The best comments are the ones selling Lindsey as this precious angel. Load of BS.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
They really did. When you have time (if you haven’t already) go back to season 5 episode discussion threads on your board and they’re loaded with BL and/or Brooke Stan’s all acting like Lindsey was a princess (even though the actress as we know basically inferred Lindsey was devious) and Peyton was the devil... they either supported Angie/Brooke/Lucas as a happy family lol or were all in on Lucas/Lindsey. It was so damn funny. Completely obvious why they were going there. The best comments are the ones selling Lindsey as this precious angel. Load of BS.
Oh, I've already looked them and some of those comments are so hilarious, but it's not surprising that they both so much weight about Luke's meaningless speeches to Lindsay since that's all that Brucas ever was really. It's even funnier when Michaela herself backed up what the LP fans thought about Lindsay.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Oh, I've already looked them and some of those comments are so hilarious, but it's not surprising that they both so much weight about Luke's meaningless speeches to Lindsay since that's all that Brucas ever was really. It's even funnier when Michaela herself backed up what the LP fans thought about Lindsay.

The best! Michaela herself backing up what the LP fans thought of Lindsey is everything. I wish she would have gone there during season 5 but obviously she couldn't. So true that those speeches to both Brooke and Lindsey were jokes. He never had to give any speeches to Peyton. Those speeches were fake. He couldn't show them naturally so instead it was giving meaningless words even he didn't truly believe.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-13-2018 at 05:40 PM
Old 02-13-2018, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The best! Michael herself backing up what the LP fans thought of Lindsey is everything. I wish she would have gone there during season 5 but obviously she couldn't. So true that those speeches to both Brooke and Lindsey were jokes. He never had to give any speeches to Peyton. Those speeches were fake. He couldn't show them naturally so instead it was giving meaningless words even he didn't truly believe.
I wonder when she said that anyways? Those fans would probably ignore that anyways. Yep, his actions after those speeches made it clear that he didn't truly mean what he has saying.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread