Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2018, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
If/when you watch Everwood, wait until you see Emily VanCamp in action. You aren't going to believe the talent she is. Blows you away. Even season 1 Dawson's Creek when Katie was good she cannot be compared to Emily VanCamp's natural flawless acting. Emily VanCamp is the best actress the WB ever had on their network and I say that without pause. She's tremendous! Her non-verbal communication is mind-blowing, alone. Compelling in every sense of the word.

So Katie isn't close to the class of Emily VanCamp and never would have been regardless. That said, I still think she got screwed over. The IT girl tag made her into a pretty face only. She never truly evolved in the acting department.
Okay, that's great and I remember her from an couple of Marvel movies, and she was pretty great from those movies in memory.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Okay, that's great and I remember her from an couple of Marvel movies, and she was pretty great from those movies in memory.
She's great with ANY material she's given. Any character, setting, part, Emily creates magic. I can't even put into words how flawless she is... such depth and range... She grew up in Ontario (attended a dancing school in Montreal) and could have been a professional dancer. Everwood even gives her a ballet dancer storyline which is awesome. Then her acting career got started. She honestly has unteachable talent... Katie needed some help as we know and unfortunately didn't get it. Emily? She didn't need any help. Someone would attempt to teach Emily and they'd have to stand back and learn from Emily. She's the Sidney Crosby of the small and large screen. The best.

On Everwood... oh there is just something about her portrayal and the character of Amy. You might be mesmerized like we all were.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-07-2018 at 08:51 AM
Old 02-07-2018, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
She's great with ANY material she's given. Any character, setting, part, Emily creates magic. I can't even put into words how flawless she is... such depth and range... She grew up in Ontario (attended a dancing school in Montreal) and could have been a professional dancer. Everwood even gives her a ballet dancer storyline which is awesome. Then her acting career got started. She honestly has unteachable talent... Katie needed some help as we know and unfortunately didn't get it. Emily? She didn't need any help. Someone would attempt to teach Emily and they'd have to stand back and learn from Emily. She's the Sidney Crosby of the small and large screen. The best.

On Everwood... oh there is just something about her portrayal and the character of Amy. You might be mesmerized like we all were.
Okay, that's awesome that the show took advantage of her skills like that Might need to find something to check her acting out on then.

Last edited by stlavin95; 02-07-2018 at 05:19 PM
Old 02-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Administrator

What was so good about Emily on Everwood is that she could do it all: Comedy, heart-wrenching drama, poignant and heartbreaking vulnerability, often all within one episode. Katie Holmes doesn't have anywhere near the acting range and talent that Emily Van Camp has.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Okay, that's awesome that the show took advantage of her skills like that ;nod: Might need to find something to check her acting out on then.
Watch Everwood. lol
Old 02-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
What was so good about Emily on Everwood is that she could do it all: Comedy, heart-wrenching drama, poignant and heartbreaking vulnerability, often all within one episode. Katie Holmes doesn't have anywhere near the acting range and talent that Emily Van Camp has.
Exactly.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Watch Everwood. lol
Just need to find something to watch it on lol.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Just need to find something to watch it on lol.
Right! That's right... access!

I am going to ask around and see if we can figure out a place. I could find you a link possibly but I suck at knowing if the site is trust-worthy. I don't watch much online and when I do it's Netflix. Hopefully if we put all our heads together we can figure it out!
Old 02-07-2018, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Right! That's right... access!

I am going to ask around and see if we can figure out a place. I could find you a link possibly but I suck at knowing if the site is trust-worthy. I don't watch much online and when I do it's Netflix. Hopefully if we put all our heads together we can figure it out!
Hopefully we can one day
Old 02-08-2018, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Hopefully we can one day
I forgot about this!

One Tree Hill, Everwood and Cougar Town Coming to Hulu in February 2018 | E! News

Is there any way you can access through Hulu? It's now! February 2018! LOL
Old 02-08-2018, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I forgot about this!

One Tree Hill, Everwood and Cougar Town Coming to Hulu in February 2018 | E! News

Is there any way you can access through Hulu? It's now! February 2018! LOL
Nope, there is no way I can get Hulu unless it becomes an international thing.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Nope, there is no way I can get Hulu unless it becomes an international thing.
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2018, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It really does haha.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It really does haha.
We'll figure something out.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
We'll figure something out.
I'm sure we will
Closed Thread   Post New Thread