Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2018, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That's something at least haha.
LOL
Old 02-06-2018, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
haha thanks! That's definitely me. We've been having MAJOR MAJOR parent drama this year on dance team and I just try my best to respond clearly and carefully but with getting my point across. And no worries about the PM! Take your time!
So sorry about the drama on your dance team. We can talk about it privately too.

Quote:
Season 4 was great for LP. Other than the "oh" which I still hate I thought their build up was pretty damn near amazing that season. As soon as he and Brooke broke up he and Peyton became so close and it was just obvious they were gravitating towards one another again, like how it always should have been. They just have this connection that simply, no one else can compare to.
That "oh" was beyond annoying! I hate it too!

Absolutely... Lucas/Peyton just had this connection no one could touch. It all fell into place. Jerry, I can't wait until you see Lucas/Peyton from the very beginning. I know you like this kind of dynamic.

It kind of reminds me of Madison and Tommy and Ephram/Amy... the second Ephram broke up with Madison and Amy broke up with Tommy, it was like that magnetic emotional connection between Ephram/Amy was immediately in play... the gravitating was in motion... same with Lucas and Peyton when finally the nightmare known as Brucas was over for good. Lucas/Peyton were just brought together... it was like an energetic field only they could see.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
LOL
Old 02-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I wonder how you’d feel about her on Dawson’s Creek. Oh I’m not suggesting you’d watch. I wouldn’t wish this series on my worst enemy. Still curious though.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I wonder how you’d feel about her on Dawson’s Creek. Oh I’m not suggesting you’d watch. I wouldn’t wish this series on my worst enemy. Still curious though.
If it's like her on Batman Begins, I doubt I would enjoy her on it
Old 02-06-2018, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
If it's like her on Batman Begins, I doubt I would enjoy her on it
I am going to have to check out this movie just to see her acting. Then I can tell you what it's like compared to Creek, haha. I wonder if the movie's on Netflix. I will see!
Old 02-06-2018, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I am going to have to check out this movie just to see her acting. Then I can tell you what it's like compared to Creek, haha. I wonder if the movie's on Netflix. I will see!
Yeah, she wasn't good in that movie at all lol
Old 02-06-2018, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I thought that her acting was pretty stiff and one-dimensional in Batman Begins. To be fair though I didn't think that Maggie Gyllenhaal did much better as the same character in The Dark Knight.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah, she wasn't good in that movie at all lol
LOL
Old 02-06-2018, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I thought that her acting was pretty stiff and one-dimensional in Batman Begins. To be fair though I didn't think that Maggie Gyllenhaal did much better as the same character in The Dark Knight.
Is it possible she was instructed to act a certain way?

Is she better on Creek?

See I never watched Creek and thought to myself she was a horrible actress. Definitely not exceptional. Emily VanCamp can run circles around her. But not absolutely terrible either.

So I wonder if it was the role?
Old 02-06-2018, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Is it possible she was instructed to act a certain way?

Is she better on Creek?

See I never watched Creek and thought to myself she was a horrible actress. Definitely not exceptional. Emily VanCamp can run circles around her. But not absolutely terrible either.

So I wonder if it was the role?
It's hard to say. In both films, she played Bruce Wayne's childhood friend and semi-love interest, and she was an Assistant District Attorney. It was a fairly big role, but neither her or Maggie Gyllenhaal did all that great because the focus was more on Batman and the villains in each movie.

The only other movies I saw her in was The Gift, which I thought she actually did a good job in and Wonder Boys, which she was little more than a pretty face in.

To be honest, the only season of Dawson's Creek where she impressed me as an actress was in Season One. In the subsequent seasons, she pretty much just played cutesy and mugged for the camera.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-06-2018, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
LOL
Yep
Old 02-06-2018, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I definitely thought Maggie Gyllenhaal was a lot better than Katie Holmes in the role, but Rachel could have also bee definitely better portrayed too.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's hard to say. In both films, she played Bruce Wayne's childhood friend and semi-love interest, and she was an Assistant District Attorney. It was a fairly big role, but neither her or Maggie Gyllenhaal did all that great because the focus was more on Batman and the villains in each movie.

The only other movies I saw her in was The Gift, which I thought she actually did a good job in and Wonder Boys, which she was little more than a pretty face in.

To be honest, the only season of Dawson's Creek where she impressed me as an actress was in Season One. In the subsequent seasons, she pretty much just played cutesy and mugged for the camera.
I thought she did a good job in The Gift, too. Season 1 Dawson's Creek, she did a nice job. We know she has it in her obviously based on season 1. Season 2 and on, the IT girl was overflowing. I bet the cutesy/mugging the camera was all a part of the IT persona. We know the character changed. The writing was different and I guess the portrayal was too.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I definitely thought Maggie Gyllenhaal was a lot better than Katie Holmes in the role, but Rachel could have also bee definitely better portrayed too.
If/when you watch Everwood, wait until you see Emily VanCamp in action. You aren't going to believe the talent she is. Blows you away. Even season 1 Dawson's Creek when Katie was good she cannot be compared to Emily VanCamp's natural flawless acting. Emily VanCamp is the best actress the WB ever had on their network and I say that without pause. She's tremendous! Her non-verbal communication is mind-blowing, alone. Compelling in every sense of the word.

So Katie isn't close to the class of Emily VanCamp and never would have been regardless. That said, I still think she got screwed over. The IT girl tag made her into a pretty face only. She never truly evolved in the acting department.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread