Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2018, 11:26 AM
  #31
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
She loves those not typical Hollywood movies too.

That's cool. I'll have to check it out sometime when I can catch it from home.
She also got the top billing and she played mostly with me. This is so cool!

Here is the trailer:

__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.

Last edited by secretk; 02-05-2018 at 06:49 PM
secretk is offline  
Old 02-05-2018, 12:36 PM
  #32
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 112,954
It's saying error for some reason?
Wilpen is offline  
Old 02-05-2018, 02:12 PM
  #33
Can You Spare a Brain?

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 217,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
That's cool. I've never seen it. I believe Michelle was clearly the most talented actor on the show. She was held back because she wasn't the IT girl (and never wanted to be that girl on the WB for that matter) but that kind of talent cannot be held back for long. Once she left Dawson's Creek eventually her career took off. It's not a coincidence. She's even admitted Dawson's Creek gave her stability and a fresh start but she wasn't that invested in the role/show as a whole. She would sneak in independent films which is what she really desired but once she could finally wipe her hands from Dawson's Creek her talent simply couldn't be denied and the right people in Hollywood understood as much.
I wonder how the TPTB from the WB at that time feel about Michelle's career after the show ended, especially compared to Katie's.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 02-05-2018, 04:28 PM
  #34
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 112,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I wonder how the TPTB from the WB at that time feel about Michelle's career after the show ended, especially compared to Katie's.
It would be really interesting to know their thoughts. They might not totally regret not using Michelle that much because the network was never about big time quality. It was always about the right flavor and look and that was what Katie as Joey supplied them.

As for what they think about Katie now... I would wager a guess they think Tom Cruise ruined her career. It's not totally untrue, however. Marrying Tom Cruise was not good for her career. She didn't reportedly take multiple parts because of being strangled by him in their marriage. But then again Tom Cruise probably allowed her name to be way more relevant at the same time too. I just think the network would believe it was her marriage that caused her not to make it big.
Wilpen is offline  
Old 02-05-2018, 04:43 PM
  #35
Can You Spare a Brain?

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 217,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
It would be really interesting to know their thoughts. They might not totally regret not using Michelle that much because the network was never about big time quality. It was always about the right flavor and look and that was what Katie as Joey supplied them.

As for what they think about Katie now... I would wager a guess they think Tom Cruise ruined her career. It's not totally untrue, however. Marrying Tom Cruise was not good for her career. She didn't reportedly take multiple parts because of being strangled by him in their marriage. But then again Tom Cruise probably allowed her name to be way more relevant at the same time too. I just think the network would believe it was her marriage that caused her not to make it big.
Yeah, that's definitely true.

I'm sure Tom didn't help, but at the same time she really wasn't that great of an actor at the same time.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 02-05-2018, 04:44 PM
  #36
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 112,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, that's definitely true.

I'm sure Tom didn't help, but at the same time she really wasn't that great of an actor at the same time.
No matter the path she would have taken post-Dawson's Creek, it's definitely clear she never would have been able to receive the same status of a Michelle Williams.
Wilpen is offline  
Old 02-05-2018, 04:49 PM
  #37
Can You Spare a Brain?

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 217,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
No matter the path she would have taken post-Dawson's Creek, it's definitely clear she never would have been able to receive the same status of a Michelle Williams.
Yep, that's definitely true.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 02-05-2018, 06:50 PM
  #38
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
It's saying error for some reason?
It should be fixed now .
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 02-05-2018, 06:54 PM
  #39
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 112,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yep, that's definitely true.
She did better in music videos... this was the video from the movie she was in, Disturbing Behavior:



Have to admit she looks pretty sexy/beautiful in this. Love the song, too.

Last edited by Wilpen; 02-06-2018 at 03:42 AM
Wilpen is offline  
Old 02-05-2018, 07:53 PM
  #40
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 93,353
Katie Holmes was gorgeous in that video. I remember seeing it years ago. I really like that song too. She's like Alicia Silverstone, who got her start appearing in Aerosmith videos and I think she's more well known for that than for any movies that she's made with the exception of Clueless.

Katie Holmes is now more known for who she's hooked up with (first Tom Cruise and now Jamie Foxx ) than for anything else, but Michelle Williams is more known for being a talented actress than anything in her personal life with the exception of her relationship with Heath Ledger, who she had a child with.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 02-05-2018, 08:58 PM
  #41
Can You Spare a Brain?

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 217,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
She did better in music videos... this was the video from the movie she was in, Disturbimg Behavior:



Have to admit she looks pretty sexy/beautiful good in this. Love this song, too.
That's something at least haha.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 02-06-2018, 12:27 AM
  #42
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 131,868
I think Lucas was loyal to Brooke in season 3 though. Sure, his feelings for Peyton were obvious to us and everyone else, but its not like ehe was actively trying to hurt her. His connection with Peyton was just there and he just kept going to her out of instinct. But he wasnt consciously aware of his feelings for Peyton at the time and was attempting to be a good boyfriend to Brooke, so its just silly that she was so hard on him all the time.

Quote:
I love your Capricorn way of getting down to business and laying it all out
haha thanks! That's definitely me. We've been having MAJOR MAJOR parent drama this year on dance team and I just try my best to respond clearly and carefully but with getting my point across. And no worries about the PM! Take your time!

Season 4 was great for LP. Other than the "oh" which I still hate I thought their build up was pretty damn near amazing that season. As soon as he and Brooke broke up he and Peyton became so close and it was just obvious they were gravitating towards one another again, like how it always should have been. They just have this connection that simply, no one else can compare to.
Alexa is offline  
Old 02-06-2018, 01:33 AM
  #43
Can You Spare a Brain?

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 217,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I think Lucas was loyal to Brooke in season 3 though. Sure, his feelings for Peyton were obvious to us and everyone else, but its not like ehe was actively trying to hurt her. His connection with Peyton was just there and he just kept going to her out of instinct. But he wasnt consciously aware of his feelings for Peyton at the time and was attempting to be a good boyfriend to Brooke, so its just silly that she was so hard on him all the time.
The problem is he never acted like he was loyal to her though and regardless of how annoying Brooke was in parts of S3, she had every reason to doubt Luke's love for her because he clearly didn't love her in the way that she did him and he didn't care about her insecurities at all. Him giving some speeches that he truly didn't mean isn't enough for me to say that he was loyal to her that season.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 02-06-2018, 01:33 PM
  #44
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 112,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
It should be fixed now .
I just saw. Looks really good! I'll have to see it when it comes out on the small screen. Thanks for the trailer!
Wilpen is offline  
Old 02-06-2018, 01:36 PM
  #45
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 112,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Katie Holmes was gorgeous in that video. I remember seeing it years ago. I really like that song too. She's like Alicia Silverstone, who got her start appearing in Aerosmith videos and I think she's more well known for that than for any movies that she's made with the exception of Clueless.

Katie Holmes is now more known for who she's hooked up with (first Tom Cruise and now Jamie Foxx ) than for anything else, but Michelle Williams is more known for being a talented actress than anything in her personal life with the exception of her relationship with Heath Ledger, who she had a child with.
I remember when I first viewed the video too. Great Katie/Alicia parallel, that's really true.

Great way of separating Katie and Michelle. What amazes me about Michelle is Heath died and she went into hermit mode. For as sad as it is to say, many in her position would have indirectly or directly used Hollywood/media to talk about it for exposure. Not Michelle. She was quiet as a mouse. She didn't want the attention, she didn't want it on Dawson's Creek, she doesn't want it now even after being labeled an accomplished actress.

Michelle Williams kind of reminds me of Jessica Lange... very down to earth (Lange still has a home in her native Stillwater, Minnesota), have an untouchable unique acting ability, very soft-spoken and out of the limelight.
Wilpen is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Emily VanCamp France, Emily VamCamp Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST