Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2018, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
If/when you watch Everwood you will see how Ephram does look out of character/not wonderful at the end of season 3. He bails and goes to Europe. However, in the premiere of 4, Berlanti was on a mission to 1) Get EA back on track and 2) Fix Ephram's out of character behavior and get him back to the real Ephram.

Both happened very quickly. In other words, it was obvious Berlanti had nothing against Greg/Ephram in the least. He cared about his main male character and you saw it throughout 98% of the series. Same with his leading female, EVC, as Amy.
Number 2 sounds like the big difference between Greg and Mark when it came to their main actors.

Jerry, what did you think of Lucas in season 5 when you first watched?
Old 02-15-2018, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I completely agree that Ephram acted out of character and quite horribly at the end of Season Three, but I wish that they had gotten Ephram and Amy back together faster in Season Four, but obviously no one knew that we wouldn't be getting a Season Five. In the context of what had happened, I don't blame Amy at all for not wanting to get back together with Ephram for some time after he treated her so horribly and unfairly in the aftermath of Madisongate (which I still don't understand. Why blame Amy for what Madison and Andy had done?) but because the show was cancelled, we only got to see Ephram and Amy reunite in the very last scene in the very last episode of the show, and I'll always be disappointed about that. Like I've said before, the only thing that I didn't like about the otherwise perfect Ferris Wheel scene was when Amy said "I know it's my fault and I hope that you can forgive me" because it wasn't her fault, and there was nothing for him to forgive. Side note: I just watched that scene to make sure I had the words right and I started crying! That scene gets me every time!
Me too! I can see that scene a million times (and I probably have lol) and I will get goosebumps and tears each time. The acting by Greg/Emily... I've never seen better! Totally agree with everything you said. I believe the CW being evil and superficial, which caused Berlanti to speed up the process of the endgame pairings largely played a role in the end of season 3/season 4 main pairings of Ephram/Amy and Andy/Nina. As we know, Andy/Nina were way more screwed over with their ending by far. If it wasn't for Jake, Nina would still be with him! But yes, if a season 5 would have happened, I believe the Ephram/Amy reunion would have felt more natural. Then again, we also know Amy would have been standing at that Ferris Wheel while Ephram took a call from the evil adult babysitter, Madison. Bottom line, the time constraints played a large role, for sure. I also think Rina leading the charge throughout most of season 3 was not ideal either. She was in love with Hannah and focused on her more than anyone else. Ephram/Amy were shoved aside at times while she was watching her childhood play out via Hannah. I believe she was directly responsible for Ephram also looking dumb after Ephram/Amy's first time together and he's declining a date with Amy so he can see what he thinks will be Madison's band. Man, did he look stupid there too and entirely out of character if you ask me. The band lie and not seeing a forever, bailing for Europe were not Ephram's finest moments and I think Rina had a lot to do with it too. She never impressed me much.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, I wonder if we will ever find out what happened there or not. I do remember Chad saying something about how he didn't like how Lucas got written in that episode at all.
It was awful! He had to have been pissed when he initially read the script.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Maybe not completely friendly since I did still want some angst in season 5 lol. Yep, it really sucks that Mark did that to both characters in season 5, especially since I never thought that Lucas completely recovered from the damage they did to his character imo.
A friendly break up without screaming/yelling and then some angst when they realized it was a mistake. Mark had something against Chad and Hilarie in season 5. Hilarie, I am sure because she wouldn't sleep with him and Chad, I am not sure but there was something he had against Chad, too.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Number 2 sounds like the big difference between Greg and Mark when it came to their main actors.
Night and day. Given that Greg Smith directs for Beranti's Superhero shows all the more demonstrates how much Greg Berlanti loves and appreciates Greg Smith's talent as an actor and director. He respects him and it showed up on the screen while Greg was Ephram on Everwood. The same cannot be said for Mark and how he felt about Chad/Lucas apparently.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Night and day. Given that Greg Smith directs for Beranti's Superhero shows all the more demonstrates how much Greg Berlanti loves and appreciates Greg Smith's talent as an actor and director. He respects him and it showed up on the screen while Greg was Ephram on Everwood. The same cannot be said for Mark and how he felt about Chad/Lucas apparently.
That's awesome, do you know what episodes in particular he directed?
Old 02-15-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
A friendly break up without screaming/yelling and then some angst when they realized it was a mistake. Mark had something against Chad and Hilarie in season 5. Hilarie, I am sure because she wouldn't sleep with him and Chad, I am not sure but there was something he had against Chad, too.
I would have also wanted it to take sometime for them to admit they never of them wanted to truly break up. Yep, he really did and it sucks.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It was awful! He had to have been pissed when he initially read the script.
I'm sure he would have been.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's awesome, do you know what episodes in particular he directed?
Man, I don't.... I do know he's directed Supergirl, Legends, Arrow, and The Flash, though... all of those.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Here it shows some but it's not showing Supergirl... he recently directed Supergirl. Maybe it hasn't been added just yet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_Smith_(actor)

ETA: It's not letting me link it properly. Just check out that site typing in his name. It will show the ones on the other shows but not Supergirl yet.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I would have also wanted it to take sometime for them to admit they never of them wanted to truly break up. Yep, he really did and it sucks.
Me too... and a conversation about Lucas and his running... especially how he never loved Brooke (which is what he told Jamie basically).
Old 02-15-2018, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'm sure he would have been.
He probably thought it was a major waste of time. I wonder what the others thought.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
He probably thought it was a major waste of time. I wonder what the others thought.
Would have been interested to see what Joy thought of it.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Me too... and a conversation about Lucas and his running... especially how he never loved Brooke (which is what he told Jamie basically).
That would have been nice to see with Lindsay too since he clearly didn't love her either and even Brooke meant more to him than Lindsay did.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Man, I don't.... I do know he's directed Supergirl, Legends, Arrow, and The Flash, though... all of those.
Alright, cool.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread