Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2017, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
yeah just in general season 3 was really blah. I really didnt like it upon rewatch at all. I didnt find most of the episodes all that memorable.
It's difficult for me to get through season 3.

Quote:
I watched 3 episodes of season 4 so far and i like them much better than season 3 already, but PJ are still awful. I cant tolerate Pacey's attitude about Dawson. She chose you you dummy, why are you still going off about Dawson? It's really frustrating to watch.
I know! Dawson basically distances himself from PJ in season 4 and it seems like they're both coming at him still... Joey, because she misses him or is jealous of Gretchen. Pacey, because I think he realizes no matter what, Dawson will never leave Joey's heart and as a result, he feels self conscious and bad about himself. Thus, let's throw things at Dawson even though the person you should be talking about this with is Joey.

Quote:
I did know that and it sucks so bad that we didn't get it! The first time i saw the finale I was just really confused and annoyed.
It was confusing because all those lines/scenes were DJ ones.

Quote:
And Pacey with Andie vs Pacey with joey is DRASTIC. He was SO happy with Andie and he was doing so good in his life and she made him feel so good about himself. With Joey, not at all.
Exactly.

Quote:
I'm a DE fan but its def. sad that Kevin doesn't stick it out with his shows.
I never watched TVD so I don't really know much about the show or the pairings. I recently found out that DE end up together in the books though. I wonder if TPTB were following what happened in the books. I also know that Nina and Ian have great chemistry together. I assume Nina and Paul do as well but I have seen some scenes with Nina and Ian and could pick up on the chemistry immediately.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah every friggin episode not resolving anything after they fight.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

So we are expected to buy their so called endgame happy ending even though they never resolved anything in high school, college, even years after college?

How? Why?!?!
Old 05-17-2017, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Season 3 was just boring. Just in all aspects. Taking PJ out of the equation (who i actually dint mind that season besides the forced angst, they had a decent friendship and build up) it was just blah. Like, the episodes were lame and I didn't love how the characters were all so segregated. Pacey, who was my favorite in the first two seasons, started to really annoy me.

I remember ranting to my step dad after I saw the finale (because he watched the show back when it was on) asking why DJo didnt end up together. And I just remember him saying he didn't know either and thought maybe the writers wanted to do what wasn't expected. But obviously now i know the real reason. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself that the writer left the show. That woulda made more sense to me. haha.

I counted the fights in the first 2 episodes and I think the fought a total of 3 times already. (PJ).... I'm gonna keep count as I go through the season. lol. I am just counting down til that prom episode. haha.

Quote:
I never watched TVD so I don't really know much about the show or the pairings. I recently found out that DE end up together in the books though. I wonder if TPTB were following what happened in the books. I also know that Nina and Ian have great chemistry together. I assume Nina and Paul do as well but I have seen some scenes with Nina and Ian and could pick up on the chemistry immediately.
SE were a lot like Djo in that regard, I will admit, they had a great romance in the first few season of the show. I'd say season 1/2 were their best times. But in season 3 they kind of ruined them. Stefan went off the deep end as a vampire and just did some things that I didnt love. (like driving Elena off the same bridge her parents died on.) I was shocked myself to see the show moving away from them as a pairing in the later seasons because in the beginning I truly did think they were going to be endgame. But seasons 4/5/6 they barely got anything together so I think at that point everyone knew that they weren't going to end up together. And then they started the stefan/caroline thing as early as the end of season 4 and i was just in love with them. Caroline always loved and appreciated Stefan the way he deserved and always had his back.

As for DE, even though SE were like the "otp" of the show DE still got really amazing moments in the first season. Unlike PJO DE interacted a LOT and there were a lot of really amazing and major moments for them as a couple. Damon started out as the villain so he had a lot of growing to do and Elena was a huge part of it. Which is why I like them so much because Elena made him better. And their story was just building and building and building from the beginning. They finally kissed for real in season 3. And then I'd say from then onward it was just basically all about them and their journey. .

In a way it'd be like if PJo were interacting and flirting from the beginning and then after season 3 Joey never looked back at Dawson and was only about Pacey.... I mean, if that were the case on DC I would have been a lot more accepting of PJ. But for one, PJ didnt interact at all in season 1 really and #2, DJ had such a great thing going again in season 5 that it felt annoying to go back to PJ again. At least on tvd, once they were done with SE they were really done.

I dont think the books really have anything to do with the show because Kevin had a different vision in the beginning. Like on DC he admitted that if he had the time he would have gone back to SE. . So if he had stayed on, DE never would have had the relationship that they had, I think he would have kept SE in the forefront. But I am actually glad in this case because i loved DE from the beginning so I am glad the story turned. When Kevin came back to write the finale he knew he had to end it DE because there was no way an SE ending would have been believable at all. Stefan was in love with Caroline and married to her, and Damon had been pining away for Elena for years while she was in a sleeping spell.

Ian/Nina had amazing chemistry and even after they broke up they still had great chemistry imo. People claim Ian was bitter after the break up but I thought they both did a great job and they took photos together during the final episode so for me, it was fine.

I only read the first few books. The books got really weird after book 4 i think.... just went very supernatural and i dint understand half the stuff that was going on. I read they ended DE too but the original writer planned on doing SE as well I think and then they got new writers? I dont even know.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes as Alexa said, PJ was better in season 3. Some of their moments were romantic, but yes Pacey bought joey a wall, but one she never painted on.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

Not an Everwood fan (only saw the finale) but it's so cool to see another DJo/Pandie thread on FF.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Season 3 was just boring. Just in all aspects. Taking PJ out of the equation (who i actually dint mind that season besides the forced angst, they had a decent friendship and build up) it was just blah. Like, the episodes were lame and I didn't love how the characters were all so segregated. Pacey, who was my favorite in the first two seasons, started to really annoy me.
It really was a snooze-fest. I didn't mind the PJ season 3 friendship either. I actually enjoyed it. They should have remained friends only. The second it went into romance-land, I started to need my ginger supplement for the nausea I endured. Why they couldn't have remained friends is beyond me. The second the friendship went into more PJ were dead to me. Their characters were essentially destroyed, at least temporarily. They are so freaken bad for each other. Let me count the ways!

Quote:
I remember ranting to my step dad after I saw the finale (because he watched the show back when it was on) asking why DJo didnt end up together. And I just remember him saying he didn't know either and thought maybe the writers wanted to do what wasn't expected. But obviously now i know the real reason. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself that the writer left the show. That woulda made more sense to me. haha.
I watched the show with family and a couple of friends on and off. Every single person I watched with were livid when the series finale aired. They thought it was a sick joke.

Quote:
I counted the fights in the first 2 episodes and I think the fought a total of 3 times already. (PJ).... I'm gonna keep count as I go through the season. lol. I am just counting down til that prom episode. haha.
Please report your results right here.

Quote:
SE were a lot like Djo in that regard, I will admit, they had a great romance in the first few season of the show. I'd say season 1/2 were their best times. But in season 3 they kind of ruined them. Stefan went off the deep end as a vampire and just did some things that I didnt love. (like driving Elena off the same bridge her parents died on.) I was shocked myself to see the show moving away from them as a pairing in the later seasons because in the beginning I truly did think they were going to be endgame. But seasons 4/5/6 they barely got anything together so I think at that point everyone knew that they weren't going to end up together. And then they started the stefan/caroline thing as early as the end of season 4 and i was just in love with them. Caroline always loved and appreciated Stefan the way he deserved and always had his back.

As for DE, even though SE were like the "otp" of the show DE still got really amazing moments in the first season. Unlike PJO DE interacted a LOT and there were a lot of really amazing and major moments for them as a couple. Damon started out as the villain so he had a lot of growing to do and Elena was a huge part of it. Which is why I like them so much because Elena made him better. And their story was just building and building and building from the beginning. They finally kissed for real in season 3. And then I'd say from then onward it was just basically all about them and their journey. .

In a way it'd be like if PJo were interacting and flirting from the beginning and then after season 3 Joey never looked back at Dawson and was only about Pacey.... I mean, if that were the case on DC I would have been a lot more accepting of PJ. But for one, PJ didnt interact at all in season 1 really and #2, DJ had such a great thing going again in season 5 that it felt annoying to go back to PJ again. At least on tvd, once they were done with SE they were really done.

I dont think the books really have anything to do with the show because Kevin had a different vision in the beginning. Like on DC he admitted that if he had the time he would have gone back to SE. . So if he had stayed on, DE never would have had the relationship that they had, I think he would have kept SE in the forefront. But I am actually glad in this case because i loved DE from the beginning so I am glad the story turned. When Kevin came back to write the finale he knew he had to end it DE because there was no way an SE ending would have been believable at all. Stefan was in love with Caroline and married to her, and Damon had been pining away for Elena for years while she was in a sleeping spell.

Ian/Nina had amazing chemistry and even after they broke up they still had great chemistry imo. People claim Ian was bitter after the break up but I thought they both did a great job and they took photos together during the final episode so for me, it was fine.

I only read the first few books. The books got really weird after book 4 i think.... just went very supernatural and i dint understand half the stuff that was going on. I read they ended DE too but the original writer planned on doing SE as well I think and then they got new writers? I dont even know.
Thanks for the explanation. Really interesting. Isn't it true that Stefan was the reason Damon turned into a vampire in the first place? As humans, Damon was actually the way more decent guy over Stefan? If I heard that right, it kind of sucks. Of course the show wouldn't exist, lol, but it's pretty amazing to think that Stefan was the reason why a very decent Damon turned into a vampire. That's probably why Damon was so reckless in the first place. When someone so decent enters a new territory like that, it'd make sense he'd lose himself massively (like a complete 180) as a result and would take a while for him to get back on track.

Glad you received the ending you desired. Did you like the show as a whole? Would you recommend that I give it a watch sometime or not worth it?
Old 05-22-2017, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
Yes as Alexa said, PJ was better in season 3. Some of their moments were romantic, but yes Pacey bought joey a wall, but one she never painted on.
LOL That's so true. Where was that stupid wall after he invested in it? Oh wait, they were too busy fighting every two seconds with overheated arguments on why Joey couldn't let go of her romantic feelings for Dawson. Or Pacey had to admit he was failing classes and school because Andie's good influence on him was gone the second Joey took over and made Pacey feel bad about himself in order to pimp her as a Goddess. Got it.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)

Not an Everwood fan (only saw the finale) but it's so cool to see another DJo/Pandie thread on FF.
Heyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Glad you agree! Please feel free to come out of lurking mode sometimes and post with us!

I was going to mention on the Hilarie board how much I love your avatar and signature.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

^ Thanks on all counts. I might stop here pretty often since I'm doing a slow DC rewatch and want to discuss the show from a Dawson/DJo pov. I like discussions and there isn't a lot of that on the other DJo threads I post at.

Watched "All Nighter" last night, easily one of my favorite episodes. Pandie cuteness and DJo angst. The writing was off for DJo for a few episodes so I like that the spark for them was back in this one. It's obvious they still love each other and admitted as much.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
^ Thanks on all counts. I might stop here pretty often since I'm doing a slow DC rewatch and want to discuss the show from a Dawson/DJo pov. I like discussions and there isn't a lot of that on the other DJo threads I post at.

Watched "All Nighter" last night, easily one of my favorite episodes. Pandie cuteness and DJo angst. The writing was off for DJo for a few episodes so I like that the spark for them was back in this one. It's obvious they still love each other and admitted as much.
Slow DC rewatch sounds good, especially from a Dawson/DJ pov. I love discussions too. It's been forever since I've taken apart each episode, analyzed and discussed.

So with you on the "All Nighter" too. I loved this episode. You're right, such a great episode for both pairings. I loved the angst and the comedy during the studying was great too. You can really see why Pacey/Andie worked so perfectly in this one. Andie finds out some pretty shocking news about Pacey and the teacher but it was all good, they worked everything out proving in spades why they were so perfect for each other. I liked how you were also able to see both Dawson and Joey's struggles in this one. There was a lot going on but like you said, the love between them was ever present. I liked when Joey revealed she's been in love twice, both times with Dawson. It was a cute reveal. The only character I wanted to slap was Chris and what he pulled with Jen... but then again, you could see that scenario happening from a mile away.

Yes, from start to finish this episode was really great! It just flowed. One of my favorites, if not my favorite of the series.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

^ Discussions are my favorite part of fandom actually. Moreso when people ship/like the same characters I like. The main DJo thread is kind of quiet and slow so I'll probably pop over here while I rewatch. I'm watching an episode a week so it'll be quite a while before I see s3 again, thankfully.

Chris was the worst part of that episode, but I guess they wanted to be risky with Jen's character that season. She jumps from one storyline/guy to the next. Now I remember why I couldn't get into her character or story until s3.

I'll just copy and paste what I posted about DJo and Pandie on their respective threads.

Quote:
Watched "All-Nighter" last night and oh that episode for my shipper heart. I liked seeing them together but the angst was so good in that one. When Dawson looked at her across the table and quoted that poem, it was so intense. And their argument later and then the eventual truth, that he can't regret kissing her and that her feelings have remained the same. I think it was a good follow up to their breakup and all its complications. It's like they have to start over again, all over again.
Quote:
Watched "The All Nighter" last night--so many great scenes for them in that episode. It was cute how Pacey ended up taking the reins for Andie at the end of the episode with that cram session. He knew it was important to her so he stood up and did it. I like how much he grew with Andie, just because she believed in him. I also liked that he helped loosen her up, they were just a great match. And who can forget that post-pool scene where he told her she's the girl he loves to hate. They have such a fun, flirty banter.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I didn't mind the PJ season 3 friendship either. I actually enjoyed it. They should have remained friends only.
I totally agree. They had a really cute friendship and they could have remained close friends in season 4 too. They could have gone on the boat together even as FRIENDS and everything could have pretty much remained the same as it was. PJ in a relationship as just not good. I would have even been slightly okay with PJ ending had they gotten better build up in season 6 after all those years. A mature friendship that turned romantic in the last season would have been more believable to me than seeing them end up together after they had already had a disastrous relationship.

I'm gonna watch 3 more episodes now, i will def rant here as i dont want to do it on the board.

Quote:
Isn't it true that Stefan was the reason Damon turned into a vampire in the first place? As humans, Damon was actually the way more decent guy over Stefan? If I heard that right, it kind of sucks. Of course the show wouldn't exist, lol, but it's pretty amazing to think that Stefan was the reason why a very decent Damon turned into a vampire. That's probably why Damon was so reckless in the first place. When someone so decent enters a new territory like that, it'd make sense he'd lose himself massively (like a complete 180) as a result and would take a while for him to get back on track.
You nailed it!

I loved both but i started out really not liking Stefan because he was being portrayed as way too perfect in my eyes. Damon had obvious serious flaws, but I always saw the good in him and he felt redeemable to me.

Thats the thing, people hated and still hate Damon and refer to him as "evil" because when we first saw him in season 1 he was going through a bad phase in his life. He was all depressed over Katherine and bitter as his brother. Stefan was the "good one". but we come to find out that as humans, Damon was actually very sweet and caring. Stefan was good too, but he did force Damon to turn into a vampire so he wouldn't be alone. And Damon held onto that for a long time. But Stefan also had a "ripper" side and killed a lot of people when he was in his ripper stage. I realize he didnt have control of himself in those moments and Damon lashing out was very much in his control, but I saw them both to have good and bad sides, as all vampires do! Had someone started the show in season 3 for example, they would have seen Damon as the sweet and caring brother (who was helping Elena get through Stefan's ripper phase) and Stefan as the "evil" vampire.... I can forgive them a bit easier for their sins knowing that by nature they are dark creatures. So i just hate the "Damon is evil" arguments when I think most of the characters on VPD are "Evil" in some form.

Damon went on and off track through the series (as did Stefan) but ultimately he turned into a really great guy and with Elena by his side he was able to really turn himself around and live his life as a decent human at the end of the series. It was great because it came full circle. Damon made a very entertaining and fun vampire, but he lived his life much better as human, which is how he always should have lived. And its poetic because he got the girl in the end. (In his human life, Katherine was always picking Stefan over him) so it was adorable in my eyes that someone actually chose Damon first.

Quote:
Glad you received the ending you desired. Did you like the show as a whole? Would you recommend that I give it a watch sometime or not worth it?
I loved the show personally. From start to finish I still loved it. I do think it lost its spark in season 7 after Nina left the series, but I still really enjoyed it because of Stefan/Damon/Caroline. I think it had some really interesting plots and always kept me entertained. It didnt get HORRIBLE like OTH did in my eyes. lol. It was still watchable through to the end and I enjoyed how it ended and how it came together. And they handled Elena's departure fantastically. She was still involved in storylines and mentioned constantly and Damon still loved her through to the finale. (He never even dated anyone else after she was gone) And she came back in the finale!

I know a lot of people have issues with it, but a lot of those people i think are either Damon haters or SE fans. But I DEFINITELY think you should give it a shot. The first season in particular was amazing to me, full of twists and turns every episode and it just kept getting better. By episode 103 I'd say I was pretty invested. Season 2 was great but for me it lost a TINY bit of focus when they brought the original vampires in but by season 3 i grew to really love them (And then they got their own spin off show) and i personally ADORED seasons 4/5 so much! Even 6 was great too. 7/8 werent as strong but there were some great episodes and I think binging them would make them even better because you dont have to wait.

I feel like you MIGHT like SE though. A lot of people that love DJo and LP love SE too. I'm a rare bird that doesnt fit the status quo though lol.

I'm also a huge LPer so we can always discuss BLP here too if people are okay with that? LOL.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Loving the discussion! Will respond soon.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-06-2017 at 08:01 PM
Old 06-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Not a lot of new comments to make since s2 has been slow on the DJo front.

Quote:
Watched "Reluctant Hero" last night and oh the DJo angst! It was so cute how Joey almost shook with excitement when he told her about the award they won. Of course, he would want to go to her first. I like that he respected the fact she needed space and gave her half the prize money without expectation of reward. I like how he told her he's always believed in her. It was nice to hear him say that to Joey for a change and that he wanted to support her art like she supported his filmmaking. I like how Joey couldn't quite let him go after he said that and kept calling him back even though she knew Jack was about to show up. The way she looked after him was so telling. That and the fact she brought him up during her date with Jack. It's so clear he's still in her mind/heart but that's nothing new--she admitted as much the last two episodes.
Quote:
The last two episodes I've watched didn't have a lot of DJo moments in them. I miss them. I did like that Joey mentioned him on her first date with Jack as well as when she was talking to him about how "someone" was a great support to her when her mom died. I also like that everyone knew Dawson was writing a movie about Joey even though he denied it. It was sad when he got out Joey's picture while writing toward the end of "High Risk Behavior".
At least things have been pretty great on the Pandie front. Otherwise I would be bored with some of the other stuff going on.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread