Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2021, 08:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
The fact that Dawson, as the supposed main character of the series, couldn’t even get his own romantic pairing in S4 not attached to Pacey or Joey is more proof that the series was slipping away from the character of Dawson. It became Joey’s Creek and I truly believe if they could have made Pacey the main male character and bump Dawson down officially they would have.

Joey stole the Creek from Dawson and Pacey even had his own Pond.
Ugh this is so true.

Going back to the Gretchen point, it still surprises me that they never had him lose his virginity to her. Obviously I initially expected it to be Joey but after the writers robbed the DJ fans of that moment, I thought ok surely it's gonna happen for him now with Gretchen.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM01 (View Post)
This is pretty much how I expected the series to fold out. The show became completely different after season 2. It should have become it's own separate series with how different it was .
Once Williamson left, it was the end of the show.

I read an interview with James Van Der Beek once where he said at the beginning of Season Three a new head writer came in who hated the show and wanted to change things up, so we got the Eve storyline and Pacey and Andie breaking up and Jen becoming a head cheerleader and Jack becoming a football star, and it all turned out to be a disaster, so at the mid point of Season Three they fired that head writer and dropped all those storylines, and then they came up with the triangle from hell.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-24-2021, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Ugh this is so true.

Going back to the Gretchen point, it still surprises me that they never had him lose his virginity to her. Obviously I initially expected it to be Joey but after the writers robbed the DJ fans of that moment, I thought ok surely it's gonna happen for him now with Gretchen.
Dawson wanted to sleep with Gretchen but Gretchen knew that he was doing it more to get back at Pacey for sleeping with Joey so she turned him down.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-24-2021, 09:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I loved the Pacey we saw with Andie. He was a truly noble and loving boyfriend who stuck with Andie through thick and thin, and they threw it all away right at the beginning of Season Three.
He had so much potential. The whole show did...

Quote:
Absolutely. He was miserable with Joey and she dumped him in an especially cruel way in Season Six, so him ending up with her really was to his detriment.
If the same thing had happened to Dawson, I would've called it a very bittersweet ending. I would've thought, yes he got the girl, but at what cost? To look at it in a reversed way, Dawson looks like this pushover boyfriend that has dropped everything to live out Joey's dreams and accepted Joey to continue her 'friendship' with Pacey even though everyone knows there will always be something more there. His insecurities were there and were never addressed so we are left to believe that he would forever remain in this state of paranoia any time Joey had seen or spoken to Pacey. I wouldn't consider this a happy ending for my favourite character.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Once Williamson left, it was the end of the show.

I read an interview with James Van Der Beek once where he said at the beginning of Season Three a new head writer came in who hated the show and wanted to change things up, so we got the Eve storyline and Pacey and Andie breaking up and Jen becoming a head cheerleader and Jack becoming a football star, and it all turned out to be a disaster, so at the mid point of Season Three they fired that head writer and dropped all those storylines, and then they came up with the triangle from hell.
That explains a lot. Although doesn't explain the stupid triangle idea.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Dawson wanted to sleep with Gretchen but Gretchen knew that he was doing it more to get back at Pacey for sleeping with Joey so she turned him down.
I wish they would've written it differently. For me, the show revolves around Dawson and Joey (and in that order). Once Joey had lost hers, I expected similar timing for Dawson. Not a whole season later.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
He had so much potential. The whole show did...
The two words I always use to describe Dawson's Creek is Wasted Potential.

Quote:
If the same thing had happened to Dawson, I would've called it a very bittersweet ending. I would've thought, yes he got the girl, but at what cost? To look at it in a reversed way, Dawson looks like this pushover boyfriend that has dropped everything to live out Joey's dreams and accepted Joey to continue her 'friendship' with Pacey even though everyone knows there will always be something more there. His insecurities were there and were never addressed so we are left to believe that he would forever remain in this state of paranoia any time Joey had seen or spoken to Pacey. I wouldn't consider this a happy ending for my favourite character.
By the time the Series Finale came around, the writers and producers had destroyed everything that I loved about Dawson and Joey so if they ended up together, it wouldn't have meant much to me. I hated how the writers depicted their relationship as something unhealthy and as something that was holding the both of them back in the earlier seasons, and I hated how the show ended by giving an empty nod to them being soulmates while having Joey end up with Pacey.

Old 02-25-2021, 07:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

mostly its this andie cheated and dawson sucks.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
And when she got mugged, she was on her way to have an affair with Professor Wilder, who had also fallen for her irresistible charms, or as people used to call it, her IT.
So disgusting. Season 5 was embarrassing and it truly was Joey’s Creek. Dawson was given one of those little plastic children’s swimming pools as a parting gift.

I will never understand why TPTB loved Katie so much. You’d think she looked like Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly. Oh but they tried comparing Joey to Audrey Hepburn. I’m shocked they didn’t say she was a combination of the three women I listed.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This is pretty much how I expected the series to fold out. The show became completely different after season 2. It should have become it's own separate series with how different it was .
Agreed. Even some PJers admitted it felt like two different shows. Of course they said they thought the second show was better. When I was feeling especially daring, I’d ask them if that meant they preferred watching shows with really low quality.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmafightsellie (View Post)
mostly its this andie cheated and dawson sucks.
Rachel, you've said this before, and I'll say this again: We don't care what "they" say, and we don't want to see "Andie cheated and Dawson sucks" on this thread, even if you're repeating what the idiot P/J Twitter crowd is saying. This thread is for fans of Dawson and Joey and Pacey and Andie.

Old 02-25-2021, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Ugh this is so true.

But the funny part is they still kept writing Pacey as an idiot screw up. In S6, he gets embarrassed yet again when Joey pushed him aside for Eddie of all people and then the moron loses all of Dawson’s money. It’s just interesting how they loved Josh/Pacey yet continued writing Pacey as practically incapable of living life. They never wanted him to be S2 Pacey which blows my mind since it was the best version of Pacey by far.

Agreed. It was very strange. I wish Dawson would have lost his virginity in high school. I wonder if they wanted Joey to “win” at this over Dawson too. So strange.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Rachel, you've said this before, and I'll say this again: We don't care what "they" say, and we don't want to see "Andie cheated and Dawson sucks" on this thread, even if you're repeating what the idiot P/J Twitter crowd is saying. This thread is for fans of Dawson and Joey and Pacey and Andie.
Thanks for the reminder, Jerry.
Old 02-25-2021, 02:00 PM
Extreme Fan

One scene I liked in S3 was Joey watching the video Dawson gave her of them meeting as kids. It was very cute to see that.
Old 02-25-2021, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
But the funny part is they still kept writing Pacey as an idiot screw up. In S6, he gets embarrassed yet again when Joey pushed him aside for Eddie of all people and then the moron loses all of Dawson’s money. It’s just interesting how they loved Josh/Pacey yet continued writing Pacey as practically incapable of living life. They never wanted him to be S2 Pacey which blows my mind since it was the best version of Pacey by far.
Even in the Series Finale, Pacey was having an affair with a married woman and who got beaten up by her husband and his goons. So right to the end, with the exception of Season Two, Pacey was shown, like you said Michelle, as an idiot screw-up.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread