Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2021, 11:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)

This is probably my least favorite S4 PJ episode. They were in this low grade fight throughout most of the episode. Then they go to this party and the bickering gets worse. Joey gets drunk and stupid. I also hated how she blew off Dawson. Dawson truly cared for her well-being and wondered why she was acting like she was and she’s all... don’t start with me, Dawson. All I could think of is she should be lucky he’s even talking to her, let’s alone, concerned about her well-being given what she did to him months before this time. Then like I said the writers had to throw in this moment where Dawson comes to the realization that Joey must really love Pacey. Couple that with her hanging all over Pacey after he picks her up in front of everyone at the party and takes her home... they’re outside her house and she’s hanging ALL over him in this fake voice... then she asks him if she could kiss him and it’s like fingers down the freaken chalkboard. It’s SO annoying, I can’t even explain how much. THIS scene bothers me more then when they sleep together for the first time. At least then it looked like Joey was regretting everything. In this scene it’s just so nauseating, and it felt more like Josh and Katie instead of Pacey and Joey. Just awful.
That horrible episode had been wiped from my memory. You just had to bring it up. LOL I'm off to make a late night cocktail......I think it will be a triple, and maybe I'll forget it again.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
Yea, not my favorite episode. It really hurts at the end when Dawson is talking to Gretchen saying he sees how much Joey loves Pacey. He already admitted in the S3 finale to Joey that he see’s she loves him, I didn’t need to hear him say it again.
Exactly. I don’t really know what the writers were even thinking by going there because the rest of the way Joey continues pining for Dawson, acting jealous and possessive of everything he does. Pacey/Joey were always constructed as unhealthy given all the fighting and Pacey so unhappy most of the time, leading up to the explosive break up at the prom. Then Joey’s immediately into getting back with Dawson post-break. It never played out like Pacey/Joey had true love. More like loving feelings/a friendship that turned romantic but I never bought this pure loving relationship. I’d like to see it.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
That horrible episode had been wiped from my memory. You just had to bring it up. LOL I'm off to make a late night cocktail......I think it will be a triple, and maybe I'll forget it again.
LOL.

This episode never threatened me as a PA and DJ shipper. It just annoyed me because it was the Josh and Katie show.

I thought this episode was classic PJ though... fight, bicker, Pacey never completely happy, followed by making up/kissing. It’s all they did because they danced around meaningful conversations.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-02-2021 at 09:23 AM
Old 02-02-2021, 09:18 AM
Administrator

I used to call it "Fight, and then have the requisite make-up make-out session." I also used to call their relationship the Pacey and Joey Lustfest.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-02-2021, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I used to call it "Fight, and then have the requisite make-up make-out session." I also used to call their relationship the Pacey and Joey Lustfest.
Perfect summary all around.

Yes, I never felt threatened by PJ. Their story was unhealthy and not convincing.

I still don’t feel threatened by their ending. Embarrassed the series insulted every fan who cared about the story and what it was conveying? Yes, because it was a complete failure.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Perfect summary all around.

Yes, I never felt threatened by PJ. Their story was unhealthy and not convincing.

I still don’t feel threatened by their ending. Embarrassed the series insulted every fan who cared about the story and what it was conveying? Yes, because it was a complete failure.
I never felt threatened. One reason was I was so sure it would be D/J in the end. If everyone had the chance would everyone wanna read KW’s original script with the D/J P/A ending? It would be hard but I would read it. I am forever convinced he took lines like the running line that was originally meant for D/J and gave it to PJ. “Always known” I don’t believe for a second that was meant for Pacey
Old 02-02-2021, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I never felt threatened. One reason was I was so sure it would be D/J in the end. If everyone had the chance would everyone wanna read KW’s original script with the D/J P/A ending? It would be hard but I would read it. I am forever convinced he took lines like the running line that was originally meant for D/J and gave it to PJ. “Always known” I don’t believe for a second that was meant for Pacey
I'd like to read the original script. It was so obvious that the lines that Joey said to Pacey were meant for Dawson. Williamson was a fool to cave into Stupin, and by doing that they destroyed the legacy of the show, which has really backfired on Stupin.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-02-2021, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Exactly right. I never felt threatened either, even during the revisit in S6 if you want to call it that. If possible, PJ were more of a disaster in S6 than S4. I always viewed S6 as a final goodbye for the PJers as it was made clear like they didn’t work in S4, they didn’t work once again in S6. Of course, we all know there was only a revisit because James asked for less screen time. That’s the only reason why we had to endure that ridiculously boring department store episode.

I would read the script. Thing is, I honestly believe the script was barely changed. Those were DJ lines. All Kevin did was give PJ most of DJ lines which made the series finale even more pathetic. I bet if we did a poll and people honestly answered who they thought would get the ending about 95% would say DJ. Most honest PJ fans were stunned they received a tacked on ending and many honest PJ fans (but will never admit it) know the actual words in the series finale made more sense for DJ and magically PJ received them. Deep down, some know their ending made zero sense and they just need to look at S4 and S6 for a refresher course.
Old 02-02-2021, 06:56 PM
Extreme Fan

From the very beginning the series was about Dawson and Joey. You can tell by the way the first season ended. Boy and girl work through all the B.S. and finally are together.

Curiously season four ended the exact same way. Boy and girl fight through all obstacles to be together. Even Dawson's sidekick gets a happy ending season four, as his departed girlfriend returns.

This is why the season six ending is so out of whack. A series about Dawson and Joey and their romance ends up with Pacey and Joey. You got to be kidding. This ending is so ridiculous..

((((I don't know how many times I've posted this))))

A couple who has had nothing to do with each other for seven years, except for a one night stand in K-mart, gets together. She throws out her live in boyfriend who is about to propose, and Pacey who was dumped right after K-mart incident drops his life and business and scoots off to NYC. And the whole time he was spouting off lines written for Dawson.

Little known fact. Pacey was always going to have a girl friend season two. When they found out they were going to have a season two; the original idea for Pacey's girl friend was going to be the character Hannah von Wenning. played by Lori Rom. She was the rich girl in the beauty contest.

Lori declined because she landed the role that eventually went to Allysa Milano. in Charmed.

Lori later felt the role violated her religious ethics and dropped out. Lucky for Allysa Milano and I guess one could say lucky for Meredith Monroe.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Wow, Tony, I never knew that! That's really interesting! I did feel that Pacey and Hannah hit it off when they realized they had something in common and he called her on her snobbish behavior in The Beauty Contest episode, so that does make some sense.

Old 02-02-2021, 08:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I'd like to read the original script. It was so obvious that the lines that Joey said to Pacey were meant for Dawson. Williamson was a fool to cave into Stupin, and by doing that they destroyed the legacy of the show, which has really backfired on Stupin.
On the extended cut dvd of the series finale, when Joey is at the B&B and says if Christopher isn’t the one for her, who is? Jen,Bessie and Grams all smile. You know they’re thinking it’s Dawson, not Pacey
Old 02-02-2021, 11:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

This is probably my least favorite S4 PJ episode. They were in this low grade fight throughout most of the episode. Then they go to this party and the bickering gets worse. Joey gets drunk and stupid. I also hated how she blew off Dawson. Dawson truly cared for her well-being and wondered why she was acting like she was and she’s all... don’t start with me, Dawson. All I could think of is she should be lucky he’s even talking to her, let’s alone, concerned about her well-being given what she did to him months before this time. Then like I said the writers had to throw in this moment where Dawson comes to the realization that Joey must really love Pacey. Couple that with her hanging all over Pacey after he picks her up in front of everyone at the party and takes her home... they’re outside her house and she’s hanging ALL over him in this fake voice... then she asks him if she could kiss him and it’s like fingers down the freaken chalkboard. It’s SO annoying, I can’t even explain how much. THIS scene bothers me more then when they sleep together for the first time. At least then it looked like Joey was regretting everything. In this scene it’s just so nauseating, and it felt more like Josh and Katie instead of Pacey and Joey. Just awful.
That is revolting. Thank you for explaining it so I don't have to sit through a scene like that!

P.S. the bolded part I totally read in her voice .
Old 02-02-2021, 11:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yea, not my favorite episode. It really hurts at the end when Dawson is talking to Gretchen saying he sees how much Joey loves Pacey. He already admitted in the S3 finale to Joey that he see’s she loves him, I didn’t need to hear him say it again.
I agree. Just adds more salt to the wound to the DJ fans. I definitely am not interested in watching this scene. Based on how others have described the PJ sex scene and the aftermath, I think I'd rather watch that over this .
Old 02-03-2021, 12:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Exactly. I don’t really know what the writers were even thinking by going there because the rest of the way Joey continues pining for Dawson, acting jealous and possessive of everything he does. Pacey/Joey were always constructed as unhealthy given all the fighting and Pacey so unhappy most of the time, leading up to the explosive break up at the prom. Then Joey’s immediately into getting back with Dawson post-break. It never played out like Pacey/Joey had true love. More like loving feelings/a friendship that turned romantic but I never bought this pure loving relationship. I’d like to see it.
That's exactly what it felt like. I just cannot bring myself to feel as if it was anything more than that. Nothing near the level of the deep, genuine, 'I can't live without you' kind of love that DJ portrayed in my opinion.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
From the very beginning the series was about Dawson and Joey. You can tell by the way the first season ended. Boy and girl work through all the B.S. and finally are together.

Curiously season four ended the exact same way. Boy and girl fight through all obstacles to be together. Even Dawson's sidekick gets a happy ending season four, as his departed girlfriend returns.

This is why the season six ending is so out of whack. A series about Dawson and Joey and their romance ends up with Pacey and Joey. You got to be kidding. This ending is so ridiculous..

((((I don't know how many times I've posted this))))

A couple who has had nothing to do with each other for seven years, except for a one night stand in K-mart, gets together. She throws out her live in boyfriend who is about to propose, and Pacey who was dumped right after K-mart incident drops his life and business and scoots off to NYC. And the whole time he was spouting off lines written for Dawson.

Little known fact. Pacey was always going to have a girl friend season two. When they found out they were going to have a season two; the original idea for Pacey's girl friend was going to be the character Hannah von Wenning. played by Lori Rom. She was the rich girl in the beauty contest.

Lori declined because she landed the role that eventually went to Allysa Milano. in Charmed.

Lori later felt the role violated her religious ethics and dropped out. Lucky for Allysa Milano and I guess one could say lucky for Meredith Monroe.
Interesting facts, thank you for sharing!

Also so much yes to the bolded.